Rate the trophy difficulty...  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.84

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go ahead and hold off on voting until I actually get the new collection AND platinum the whole series, but based on my experience with the original series, I'm betting this'll be no more than a four for me.

are u serious man? a 4? remember in the ps2 era no one reuqired you to collect 286 orbs, like do u have any idea how touch as nails that is to get legit? you had a grace amount of 86 orbs to unlock everything on the ps2, now u need all 286

Just got my plat earlier, and I'd rate it a 5 with the glitch, and a 7 without. I'll go ahead and rate it a 5 simply because a majority of people will have used the glitch.

I dont think so. I for one hope it wont be necessary. These games are classics and cheating in them (or any game in fact) just kills it for me

I dont think so. I for one hope it wont be necessary. These games are classics and cheating in them (or any game in fact) just kills it for me

Necessary? No. Faster/easier? Yes. Judging by the threads regarding the glitch, I'd say a majority of players active in this forum have used the orb glitch for the trophies. This is a trophy hunting website, where people get the trophies asap. I completely agree with you that cheating defeats the purpose, but that doesn't mean others agree with you.

are u serious man? a 4? remember in the ps2 era no one reuqired you to collect 286 orbs, like do u have any idea how touch as nails that is to get legit? you had a grace amount of 86 orbs to unlock everything on the ps2, now u need all 286

Just because it wasn't required, doesn't mean I didn't do it. I had already done everything required for platinum on these games back in 2004.

I gave this one a 9. While all but 2 of the trophies are very easy (if not automatic) to obtain, the ones for obtaining all the Precursor Orbs and Metal Head Skull Gems can get tricky. The latter is hard because there are only about 15-20 gems over the 510 you need in the entire game. If you are vigilant, it's not that hard to get the 510, but the gems have a habit of either falling off cliffs or into geometry. If an enemy drops one (and most of the enemies don't), if it doesn't land in a space you can reach you have to suicide and make your way back there to get another crack at it. Your only other alternative is to unlock Hero Mode (where enemies always spawn Metal Head Skull Gems upon death), and grind up the 510 gems that way in a New Game+.

Jak 2 is also one of the hardest, cheapest games I have ever played. I have no idea what Naughty Dog was thinking releasing the game like this, and I'm very angry at the developers of this collection for not fixing this game's obscene difficulty level when porting this game. On most missions, you're lucky if you get one checkpoint, if you get one at all. Jak can only take 3 hits most times before dying, and falling into pits or dark eco usually means getting sent back to your last checkpoint 30 minutes ago. The driving challenges are nuts because every vehicle and solder in the game is designed to ram you. Naturally, during timed sections you're given exactly the amount of time you need and not a second more, so I hope you're absolutely perfect at it. Every single aspect of this game is designed to kill you. Repeatedly. And it was obviously done all so the game could be a good 10 hours longer than it actually is. I haven't been this frustrated and angered by a game in years.

When you add the 286 Precursor Orb Trophy (which has 7 easily missable orbs at the end of the game), this becomes a very hard Platinum. I only managed it because I used the Orb Glitch, which I consider fair game after what this game put me through just trying to finish the main story. It's not an impossible Platinum (which is why it only gets a 9 from me, instead of a 10), but this is a very hard game due to bad design and the Platinum is worse.

Edited by broodwars