XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > J (PS3) > Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD

Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDE View Post
How far have you gotten? 4 or 5 hours tells me nothing, you could have almost completed the game by now for all I know!
Im at about 50% completion, I've came to the conclusion that the game is fun but I only like to play an hour or so at a time.

Latest Plats: The Walking Dead, Cabela's Adventure Camp, Generator Rex,
Proudest Plats: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City 100%, Mortal Kombat
Working on: Nothing

100 Plats and I'm done, Less than 10 to go!

None Trophy hunting account Dave-MCV
DMCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Got the platinum for this today. At last! I'm sure it took me about 18 hours in total.

My Platinums_____My Backlog

Two's make for my rarest plats: Crysis 2 • Resistance 2 • Black Ops 2 • Killzone 2
No blank friend requests please
Xorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
Got the platinum for this today. At last! I'm sure it took me about 18 hours in total.
Then Jak 2 will take you closer to 30 or 40...
I've done Jak 2 100% before, and I'm around 60% now, and spent almost 10 hours already. I did Jak 1 in 7-8 hours I think. Can be done in around 5 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCV View Post
Im at about 50% completion, I've came to the conclusion that the game is fun but I only like to play an hour or so at a time.
Ways to make it more satisfying:

Do you use a guide or something? These kind of games are so boring if you use a guide, and because there is no miss-ables, there's no reason to use one either. So don't use a guide! Try to find it all yourself, it's not hard.

I always get 100% before I leave each place. Sometimes you can't get 100% on first visit, and in those cases you will just have to go back when you can get 100% before you move too far on. Why 100% each place before moving on? The more you play at a level, the more you get used to it, and will be able to master it. So with other words it's easier, and there's no unlocks later on that makes it easier for any other reasons. Another reason is because you won't need to go back later, which always feel tedious. Yet another reason is to spread the feeling of accomplishment, making it far more enjoyable to play through.

Follow the story, if you like the humor in the game, it will of course be more funny to play the game. The whole series story is pretty well linked, so if you plan to the play the next games, it would be good to follow the story. Even though Jak 2 and Jak 3 is far more linked than Jak 1 and Jak 2. While the story in the first game isn't the best, it has it's points.

Don't rush, you will just die and will want to get back to where you were, which means you will rush again, and die again. It's a bad circle. Take it slowly and calm, and you will get through the places you want to get through. Many places you can just run past the enemies or let them be. There's no need to keep fighting them over and over every time you die, if you can just run past them and save some health, but still don't rush.
MMDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Played till about 10% of the game and really don't quite believe how can this game be better then the Sly series. Hope it gets better like what some of the people are saying here...
scuzzybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SericReaves

i like the controls can be a pain at times but nothing cant get use to
SericReaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Kind of changed my opinion about this game, sadly. I'm 76% of the way through and it's felt like a chore for a good while now. I don't think I'll be playing 2 or 3, but glad I didn't pay for this collection!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #27 (permalink)

If I get too frustrated, I take a break and play something less demanding or get a snack. If u keep your stress level down, the game is much more enjoyable and a lot easier. Getting angry just leads to more mistakes, in my experience.

Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
tmay328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to DeathExile

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I Hate Jak because the story is so stupid in my opinion
“Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if i'm covered in a mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up to the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true Strength!.”

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DeathExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to AschDragneel

camera can be a real pain but nothing all that hard for a game that beatable in 4-5hrs
Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathExile View Post
I Hate Jak because the story is so stupid in my opinion
Ah, yes, hating a platforming game for it's "stupid" story. Personally, I found the story to be good, and if you play the two other games it really is a lot better. I thought the story was good for a platformer, liked it more than let's say the story in FFXIII.

Last edited by MMDE; 08-04-2012 at 07:10 AM.
MMDE is offline   Reply With Quote