Worth grinding for orbs on first playthrough?

I had this game as a child on my PS2, but never really got too far (I think I stopped around the time I got to Rock Village).

I have been working on 100% in each area before I move on to the next, and it's become a chore.

So, my question is, is it worth it to worry about this, or should I just get through the game and go back and clean up later?

I had this game as a child on my PS2, but never really got too far (I think I stopped around the time I got to Rock Village).

I have been working on 100% in each area before I move on to the next, and it's become a chore.

So, my question is, is it worth it to worry about this, or should I just get through the game and go back and clean up later?

I think you're doing the right thing. I did the opposite and rushed through and now i'm stuck at the Lava Tube where you need 72 power cells to proceed but i only have around 50 so i'm gonna have to backtrack which is far more annoying. Also i understand that it feels like a chore now, but can you believe how it'd feel doing this when you already completed the game? I wish i took your approach.

Thanks for the replies you guys :)

I'm working on 100% all areas, now I'm in the Spider Cave (only one Power Cell, 5 flies and a little over a hundred orbs) and getting frustrated. Going to take a break from this place to go take care of the mountain and should get the platinum tonight or tomorrow if I pull an all nighter!

EDIT: Nope. Big nope. Just have to do Spider's Cave and the Citadel and I'm done. Spider's Cave is making me really mad though, going back at it later. For now, LittleBigPlanet. :)

Edited by hexyk

Yeah when I played through the game I got 100% on each area before going on. I loved this game though, didn't really think of it as a chore. There were a couple of frustrating parts...

This. Was easily my favourite in the series, when it first came out and now. There are a few frustrating parts, especially if playing on the Vita, but nothing too hard with a bit of persistance.

This. Was easily my favourite in the series, when it first came out and now. There are a few frustrating parts, especially if playing on the Vita, but nothing too hard with a bit of persistance.

Through the HD trilogy I would probably agree with you. I remember from when I got platinum on this it was easiest to just get everything in an area before leaving before I went somewhere else, as it was easier than just getting bare minimum then having to go back for stuff like I did first time I played it on PS2. Overall easier than 2 and 3 with less random difficulty spikes.

I am currently at 99% total completion.

I have 101 Power Cells, 121 Scout Flies and 1999 Precursor Orbs. I'm missing one in Spider Cave and I can not find it anywhere. I've followed guides on YouTube, looked everywhere (I made sure I got the orbs the gnawing lurkers drop) and I just can't find it.