The most unresponsive controls ever?

The entire trilogy should have been called Shit and Shittier: The Shittiest Trilogy. I don't know how Naughty Dog managed to create a disaster of this proportion.

I just realized that this game, which I rented from Gamefly, had been sitting on my shelf for six months, and money was being deducted my bank account. But, even then I dread playing the third game.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

I am over halfway through the first game, and while at first the controls seemed pretty iffy and laggy (mainly when double jumping), I have adjusted to it. It really isn't that bad after a while and you adjust.

Nothing to say about the other two games yet as I haven't started them. Hopefully I find them to run fine.

• 2 weeks later...
This game is seriously frustrating. The controls don't feel natural. Jumping feels delayed and the camera is bonkers - it moves at different speeds depending on the environment around you it seems. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

It's definitely not just you. I absolutely dread the controls in this game. I'm 75% through in part 1 and can't wait to be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree. Not much was even remastered. This is the worst HD collection out there.

maybe because it's not an HD collection.

there are some issues with the first game, that being said, there is nothing gamebreaking, people need to calm down and remember that these old games just plain out had terrible controls. For example, go back and play some Smash Bros on the N64, then tell me the controls are as responsive and intuitive as the new iterations are.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate the jumping system in this game, so unresponsive. Platinumed this game just today only cause its free on ps+, but i think I'll just let the other 2 rot away.

If this first is the easy one as its fans claim, and I hate the cameras and controls for the cheap deaths they caused me, I dont want to know about the sequels. FMU they are harder, cheaper, and with the same controls and cameras. And I have enough with J&D.

I hate the jumping system in this game, so unresponsive. Platinumed this game just today only cause its free on ps+, but i think I'll just let the other 2 rot away.

If this first is the easy one as its fans claim, and I hate the cameras and controls for the cheap deaths they caused me, I dont want to know about the sequels. FMU they are harder, cheaper, and with the same controls and cameras. And I have enough with J&D.

You might be missing out. I never liked the first game too much, but the second one turned out to be loads of fun. It was more of a shooter than a platformer, so there's that.

But yeah, replaying the first one now... It hasn't aged well at all. I'll check the second one out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I never played this game on PS2, I just bought it in PSN 'cuz looks like a easy platinum, and I like Naughty Dog games. But the regret comes in the first view.

This is the most ridiculous and boring "PS2" remastered ever. I'm on 15% and I don't think I will endure the pain of gettin' 100% in this game. The jump system and camera's control is just absurd, and the game is annoying, repetitive and frustrating.

Edited by straysheep87

• 4 weeks later...

Just dropping by to say that the Vita port is pretty much the biggest garbage ever. I platinumed the game on the PS3. Yes, there were some issues. The camera is awful and the second jump for the double jump has a stupid timing delay making the jumps completely unresponsive at times. It's an early PS2 title so it can't be helped. The jumping is improved in the second game. The PS3 port itself was fine.

Vita port, however... :facepalm: The frame-rate in the Vita port is piss poor. We're talking about 16 or so fps here... There's also awful jittering when turning the camera and it wasn't an issue in the PS3 port. The poor frame-rate is what kills the Vita port, I platinumed the PS3 version just fine but I can't see myself to deal with this shit-storm :deadhorse: And I know for a FACT it's just poor porting not hardware limitations as I've seen Vita handle WAAAAAAAY better looking and more complicated games just fine.

Edited by DarkDante14