Vita version is horrible

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the frame drop almost made me dizzy as hell.

Although it got better after the first few areas. i duuno, later on it did feel much better but I am not sure if it was just me getting used to it :p

Overall, I thought I was the only one who felt the control is awful and I could not figure out why.

I actually wish they used Bathesda's controls. They're better than this. :p But seriously, I hope studios stop contracting Nihilistic. This is a third golden opportunity they slaughtered. Black Ops Vita could've sold bundles for people who really like COD and would play it on the go. Resistance BS could've sold bundles to Resistance fans without a Vita, and Jak could've made a lot of Vita owners really happy.

Nihilistic just seems to have a lot of chances with great projects, then they just butcher them.

Look at the great job Sony Bend did with UC: GA. I felt like I was playing a real side story to UC.

N is just lazy, though. His was a carbon-copy port to Vita. I'll even ignore the graphics, because I know this wasn't supposed to be a true HD port. Still, better controls would be nice, and so would removing the "Vibration" option from the menu. -__-

J&D didn't have to feel "old". Small tweaks to get it to run smoothly, as well as better controls, are all it needs to make some old games good.

Ok tried out jak 2. At first you're ok, but when you get to the city....FRAME-RATE issues again. I want my money back

We really need 1-hour trials on all games..

Edited by Thingula

Thankfully I didn't buy this one. I got it for free due to a glitch on the store. Now I own the PS3 version and the Vita version. Unfortunately I do not own a PS3, so I am just going to play the Vita version, even though it has glitches.

Yesterday I partly played the first level of Jak 1, but I didn't think that was too bad. I will find out more during my holiday break.

Thankfully I didn't buy this one. I got it for free due to a glitch on the store. Now I own the PS3 version and the Vita version. Unfortunately I do not own a PS3, so I am just going to play the Vita version, even though it has glitches.

Yesterday I partly played the first level of Jak 1, but I didn't think that was too bad. I will find out more during my holiday break.

If you bought ps3 trilogy as digital, you get vita trilogy for free. its not glitch.

If you bought ps3 trilogy as digital, you get vita trilogy for free. its not glitch.

what the....

I did not know that. That's unfair, what about those who bought the PS3 disc. Sony need to cut the cr@p of such things. I mean I understand if one gets ps3 digital for free with purchase of the vita digital but the other way around? unfair :mad:

^ Oh never mind then.

Btw I really recommend anyone who had trouble with Jak 2/3 do not play those, framerates are at 10 and controls are pain in the ass with touch screen, i cant even play it anymore until my analog stick grips arrive since my thumbs keep slipping while in races..

Averange vote for Jak2 is 6/10 and personally i think its 3/10 but with vita version imo its like 6-7/10

Edit: seriously this sucks, its not possible to play this shit with vita

Edited by Figma

No, that's the thing: I didn't buy the PS3 version. So it couldn't have been the cross buy function :)

Luckily I got it for free as well...

I would probably have bought the game and be really disappointed by it. It just feels like torture to me. Not only because of the pretty bad graphics, framerate and sloppy video's (stuff spawns all over the place, when a scene changes the camera needs to pan itsself strangely), but mostly because of the dreadful controls.

I keep getting disappointed by Sony, I love my Vita but they keep dropping the ball. Surely someone at SCE should have had the guts to stop this game from being released? And when the hell is Nihilistic finally going to pay for their terrible games?

Edit: someone here said Nilhilistic developed this, but I keep seeing Mass Media as the developer (/culprits)?

Edited by LordBeloved

Edit: someone here said Nilhilistic developed this, but I keep seeing Mass Media as the developer (/culprits)?

I don't know where they're getting that. Especially since they don't even exist by that name anymore, plus they said they were through with doing retail games.

@topic: I haven't had too many problems. Objects not appearing during cut aways, like when the fisherman tells you you can use it boat and it shows his boat... except it's not there, just the water. :p

So far minor framerate drops. And I have had some issues with the double jump, but that's mostly when I don't double jump at the top of the first jump. So I've pretty much been avoiding the issue.

Either I'm insanely lucky, or as per usual everyone is overreacting. The fact I've seen people latch onto them overlooking the inclusion of the rumble option is just sad. Who cares? Yeah, it doesn't need to be there. But it's hardly evidence of the port being bad. Naughty Dog left in The Last of Us easter egg on accident, is Uncharted 3 shitty now?

It's definitely not perfect, but saying it's unplayable is ridiculous. I've played through over half the game now, and it is not unplayable by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, the touch is great. Made the fishing minigame easy as pie. That shit is frustrating otherwise. Plus it's nice to use it in menus.

Highly doubt that if you're allowing people to dictate what you do.

The port is no where near "horrible".

Sure.

Terrible frames rates

Huge lag when lots of enemies/npc around

First vita game that actually freezed on me

Lots of audio problems / audio dissapearing / getting stuck on loop

Gontrols suck especially on 2&3

Graphical errors / objects dissapearing

Touch screen slow response time

Camera sucks, you can hardly move it up/down