a chore to play

would like to know if anybody else is finding these games hard work to want to play??

i currently am finding myself re playing other games instead of playing these.

im about half way through the 1st jak game and havent played it for a few weeks, i decided to skip it and i just put jak 2 in my ps3 and 5 minutes later turned it off.PERSONALY i find them so fuuking boring and shiit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jak 1, I find very fun to play. Jak 2 I find very boring. Jak 3 I find medicore-to-good.

It depends on what types of games you like. If you still understand the storyline and know the controls, try playing each for an hour straight. If you still don't like them then just trade your game in and just safely say it's not your type of game! :)

i love uncharted. gow. batman, assassins creed . so generaly 3rd person action adventure with platforming. i literally went for these games because of naughty dog but i think sadly there defo not for me. not sure ill even try the 3rd one. only played 5 mins of the 2nd, the first is ok but 50% through. think i need to trade them. had about a month.

normaly when i get a game i play all the time till i complete then trade for another, at this rate it will take me a year to finish them, and it wont be a fun year.hehe.

hum maybe trade for max payne.or replay enslaved(that is an aswome game)

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll try to plat the first one before Darksiders II comes out and trade this in towards that.

darksiders 1 was awsome. one of my best plats i got. cant wait for the second. shame about the delay. I SAY trade this shit in earlier, before darksiders 2. loads of games better than this to fill your time

darksiders 1 was awsome. one of my best plats i got. cant wait for the second. shame about the delay. I SAY trade this shit in earlier, before darksiders 2. loads of games better than this to fill your time

Yeah I have tons of other games already that I need to play. I'd just like to get through this first game since I started it already.

would like to know if anybody else is finding these games hard work to want to play??

i currently am finding myself re playing other games instead of playing these.

im about half way through the 1st jak game and havent played it for a few weeks, i decided to skip it and i just put jak 2 in my ps3 and 5 minutes later turned it off.PERSONALY i find them so fuuking boring and shiit

I felt this way about the Sly Cooper games. Eventually I did get the 3 plats for those games, but it felt like a grind thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really it comes down to that these are old games which have dated.

J&D gave us a Mario 64 type on the Playstation... and up until Mario 64 platforming was a 2D genre.

Jak II tried to break the mould and received rave reviews, but the driving was never very good, the weapon integration inferior to Ratchets, and the difficulty spiking was all over the place.. What it excelled at ironically was what the series was founded on... platforming... and even then the checkpointing system is flawed.

Jak 3, I've never played much of... but going back to it now the Mad Max theme doesn't work that well for me, and the driving suffers compared to games with driving that is more fun... It's like upping the driving in a Gears of War game, but using the same driving mechanics the Gears series has used to date.. (not good!)

Reality is... Nostelgia is great, but improvements to game mechanics and visuals spoil us as gamers... GTA:Vice City remains the GTA game for me with the fondest memories, but it has aged considerably next to say Red Dead Redemption and GTAIV... Don't be suprised if GTAV is the close to the best looking, with best gameplay sandbox game Rockstar have ever made.. but if the PS2 GTAs ever come to the PSN store, or better yet are made as HD Remasters, don't be suprised if people find them hard to play.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally find this one to be my favorite. This game's structure reminds me a lot of Super Mario 64, which isn't a bad thing! Plus I love how this games single focus is on platforming! Jak 2 has a good amount, but Heaven City is really boring, and Jak 3 might as well be called "Jak and Dextar: Racing and Mini-Game Adventure" since you don't get to first platforming level until 2 hours in -_-

• 2 months later...