Need For Speed: The Run - Italian Pack DLC - Trophy Guide & Road Map

GlennThomas

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game so this one has been closed, is not maintained and as a result it may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below to the preferred guide.

*Direct link to stickied guide*

http://i.imgur.com/L29FFAg.png

You are not permitted to use any part of this guide on another site without consulting me, the guide author.

Not already a member? Did you find this thread impressive, helpful or useful?

Introduction:

This game pack is the second installment of downloadable content for Need for Speed: The Run. The Italian Pack was released on 31st January 2012 in the US, and 1st February 2012 in Europe. The DLC features 10 new challenge series events and 7 brand new cars including the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Pagani Zonda R, Maserati MC12, Lamborghini Diablo SV, Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale and the Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione.

Overview:

Estimated 100% Difficulty: 7/10

Estimated Time for 100%: 15 + Hours (depending on skill and availability of relevant race types)

Offline Trophies: 2 (2 (S))

Online Trophies: 4 (4 (S))

Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Required: N/A

Do Cheats Affect Trophies?: No Cheats

Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No difficulty settings

Glitched Trophies: None

Roadmap

Step One: Single Player

There are only 2 offline trophies to be obtained in this pack. To earn them you must achieve a gold medal on the races featured in the "Italian Challenge Series" and "Italy vs. The World." See Roman Gold and Global Gold below for further details on the tracks and times.

Step Two: Online

The remaining trophies require you to play online to complete the full set. To obtain these 4 trophies you must complete a total of 20 solo objectives online from the Italian Racing Playlist. A respective trophy is given for each 5 objectives you complete. You can view your progress by pressing either :l1: or :r1: when in a lobby before a races starts.

Note: Be aware that most of the multiplayer trophies that require you to win in a specific car, must be completed in the appropriate racing tier/class. This means that when you join a multiplayer session, that particular mode may not be eligible for you to complete one of your objectives. The Racing tier and car models will affect this variable. The first 3 multiplayer objectives require you to win a race with a specific car from Tier 4 only. This isn't made clear in the trophy description but it is a requirement, in order to unlock the objective. In addition some multiplayer objectives must be done without using the branded "NFS Edition", which often look very similar to regular model.

Please use the Trophy Boosting Thread if you wish partner up with others to achieve the 4 online trophies, which are necessary for achieving 100% completion.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/38.jpg Roman Gold (S)

Earn a gold medal or better for each event in the 'Italian Challenges' Challenge Series.

For this trophy you must win each race in "Italian Challenges" Challenge Series. It is also required that you must achieve a gold medal or higher in each race. See the list of track times below:

The Running of the Bull - 2:25:00.

World Rally Reunion - 2:38:00.

Autosprada Attack - 2:30:00.

Family Business - 2:05:00.

Neptune's Wrath - 2:30:00.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/39.jpg Global Gold (S)

Earn a gold medal or better for each event in the 'Italy vs. The World' Challenge Series.

For this trophy you must win each race in 'Italy vs. The World' Challenge Series. Again you must complete the track under the following lap times:

Land of the Raging Bull - 3:20:00

Shore Runners - 2:35

Autobahn Attack - 2:10

Bangers and Smash - 2:15

Veni, Vidi, Vici - 3:20

"Global Gold" and "Roman Gold" will both unlock shortly after completing the last race in each of the series.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/40.jpg Italian Guide (S)

Complete 5 solo objectives in the 'Italian Motor Racing' Playlist

For this trophy you will need to go online and join the "Italian Motor Racing" Playlist. Once you join the matchmaking process and before the race begins, you can access the full list of solo objectives by pressing :l1: or :r1:. Choose an objective to focus on and once you meet the requirements, the trophy will pop at the end of the race.

See "Italian Hunter" for a complete list of all 20 objectives which you will need to complete.

Note: There will only be three objectives unlocked at the very start. To unlock the remaining objectives, you must complete one of the first three objectives and continue from then onwards.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/41.jpg Italian Scout (S)

Complete 10 solo objectives in the 'Italian Motor Racing' Playlist.

The trophy will pop at the end of your 10th race.

See "Italian Hunter" for a complete list of all 20 objectives which you will need to complete.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/42.jpg Italian Tracker (S)

Complete 15 solo objectives in the 'Italian Motor Racing' Playlist

The trophy will pop at the end of your 15th race.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1009/43.jpg Italian Hunter (S)

Complete 20 solo objectives in the 'Italian Motor Racing' Playlist

Simply complete a total of 20 solo objectives in the "Italian Motor Racing Playlist"

See below for a complete list of all multiplayer objectives which you will need to complete for this trophy.

Vincitore: Superleggera - Place 1st place with the Lamborghini Supperleggera in any race.

Vincitore: Alfa Romero - Place 1st place with the Alfa Romero in any race.

Vincitore: Diablo - Place 1st place with the Lamborghini Diablo SV in any race.

Vincitore: MC12 - Place 1st place with the Masarati MC12 in any race.

Vincitore: Zonda R - Place 1st place with the Pagani Zonda R in any race.

Vincitore: Lancia - Place 1st place with the Lancia in any race.

Oppurtunista - Accumulate 6 seconds of drafting with the Masarati MC12.

Catapulta - Pass 5 racers with the Pagani Zonda R.

Campointe: Stradale - Rank 1st place in any session with the NFS Edition MC Stradale.

Campointe: Diablo - Rank 1st place in any session with the NFS Edition Diablo SV.

Campionte: Alfa Romero - Rank 1st in any session with the NFS Edition Alfa Romero.

Fortunato - Finish a race without damage to the NFS Edition Alfa Romero.

Rispetto - Complete 10 Clean Passes with the NFS Edition MC Stradale.

Spericolato - Accumulate 20 near misses with the NFS Edition Diablo SV.

Campionte: Lancia - Rank 1st place in any session with the "MUD".

Scottatura - Complete 15 passes using nitrous with the "SUNSPOT".

Velocita Della Luce - Maintain top speed for 15 seconds in "SUNSPOT".

Campionte: Superlaggera - Rank 1st in any session with the "CRIMINAL".

Angelo - Accumulate 5 jumps with "MUD".

Delinquente - Complete 20 Dirty Passes with "CRIMINAL".

The trophy will pop upon completion of your 20th race.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied Guide.

No way the estimated time for 100% is 5-10 hours....It can take that long just to get one session of the correct tier level to even attempt one objective.

to finish a race without any damage, do you really have to pass the finish line? or can you still get the objective completed by "finishing the race" with a DNF?

No way the estimated time for 100% is 5-10 hours....It can take that long just to get one session of the correct tier level to even attempt one objective.

You're probably right. I was only considering the amount of in the races themselves, rather than the actual playtime required. It will take some people much longer than others depending on skill, and the availability of relevant race tiers/modes. I have corrected the OP to 15 hours + as that seems more reasonable after thinking it through overall.

to finish a race without any damage, do you really have to pass the finish line? or can you still get the objective completed by "finishing the race" with a DNF?

You must finish the race in time. DNF times do not count towards achieving the objective.

Edited by GlennThomas

The estimated time seems a bit low, id say more like 10-20 hours, could be much much more depending on skill. You should also add recommended order for objectives, for example if you have these 3 unlocked:

You might want to go for the 10 clean passes one as its easiest, unlocking a tier 5 goal for you to try.

Also why not add recommended cars for the new events too?

The right cars have confused some, a breakthrough of the right tier cars for each goal could be helpful, for example the "Vincitore: Lancia" needs to be done with tier 4 NFS edition one.

The estimated time seems a bit low, id say more like 10-20 hours, could be much much more depending on skill.

I've edited it now. I misjudged the overall time you need to commit online, in order to achieve each of the objectives.

You should also add recommended order for objectives, for example if you have these 3 unlocked:

You might want to go for the 10 clean passes one as its easiest, unlocking a tier 5 goal for you to try.

Thanks for the input, but that just seems like common sense to me, to do the easiest objective out of the three, in order to unlock the remaining ones.

Also why not add recommended cars for the new events too?

The right cars have confused some, a breakthrough of the right tier cars for each goal could be helpful, for example the "Vincitore: Lancia" needs to be done with tier 4 NFS edition one.

I'll try to collate some information regarding this and add it to the OP. Thanks for all your suggestions.

I have finally just completed the whole challenge, and its taken about 35 hours play time, to get all the objectives done. Mainly its the time spent playing races, on the wrong tier until you can go for one.

Congrats. I admit that it is a very time consuming DLC which does take a while. I just thought I could try and help out and make life a bit easier for some by writing this guide, and updating it whenever I can.

Edited by GlennThomas

I just thought I could try and help out and make life a bit easier for some by writing this guide, and updating it whenever I can.

I'm not knocking your guide :applause: , just trying to help out and ensure that people don't have expectations of bashing out these trophies in a short time......

5 hours no.. But not gonna lie, I was the first person to blast out these trophies and it took me 10 hours to get all the trophies. I did all of them legit too

Also if I didnt get a race which required the tier I needed, I just quit and found a new match until I got into a session with the tier I needed

Edited by potential91

5 hours no.. But not gonna lie, I was the first person to blast out these trophies and it took me 10 hours to get all the trophies. I did all of them legit too

Also if I didnt get a race which required the tier I needed, I just quit and found a new match until I got into a session with the tier I needed

but wouldn't you be joining mid-race or maybe have missed a race in that session, making it very difficult to place 1st in the session?

but wouldn't you be joining mid-race or maybe have missed a race in that session, making it very difficult to place 1st in the session?

I think he likely is referring to the objectives other than 1st in session.

I used the same tactic to get the single wins, and the pass objectives which required specific cars. It saved time instead of playing through race after race where you couldn't even attempt any objectives because you're on the wrong tier and can't choose the one car you need to use.

As you point out, this doesn't work for 1st overall in the session objectives.

I would estimate it took me about 15 hours to complete, although it is hard to guage exactly. A lot of time was spent in the loading menus and post race.

This DLC pack was much harder than the main game. I would submit that it would be an 8+/10, and realistically if you can't consistently place in the top 3, you probably won't be able to finish these trophies.

Edited by diskdocx

I think he likely is referring to the objectives other than 1st in session.

I used the same tactic to get the single wins, and the pass objectives which required specific cars. It saved time instead of playing through race after race where you couldn't even attempt any objectives because you're on the wrong tier and can't choose the one car you need to use.

As you point out, this doesn't work for 1st overall in the session objectives.

I would estimate it took me about 15 hours to complete, although it is hard to guage exactly. A lot of time was spent in the loading menus and post race.

This DLC pack was much harder than the main game. I would submit that it would be an 8+/10, and realistically if you can't consistently place in the top 3, you probably won't be able to finish these trophies.

Thanks. That makes sense of course. I probably average around 3rd in session these days, but a lot depends on the quality of the field. For awhile, the weekly Signature vs NFS playlist was full of experts and I was having trouble getting 1st in session to unlock the 1200hp Mustang. But then I tried last night, got an easy group right away and finished 1st, 1st, and 2nd in the three races.

When I pick up the DLC at some point, I know what you are saying about looking for right Tier races, etc. I actually did that a little with another playlist where I needed to be a certain car to get my solo objectives.

My main question is the difficulty of the offline Italian Challenge series trophies. Is getting Gold roughly the same difficulty as the regular Challenge series? That is definitely is the hardest part of the game. I've only completed 2 of 10, very close on a couple of others (only need 1 more Gold, stupid "The Edge"), and some I have not tried yet like East Coast which I hear is impossible!

Anyway, are the Italian ones middle of the pack difficult or easier like Nevada or really hard like East Coast? I did some of the other DLC challenges like Carbon and getting golds there were really easy. Same with Limited and Most Wanted I think.

Thanks. That makes sense of course. I probably average around 3rd in session these days, but a lot depends on the quality of the field. For awhile, the weekly Signature vs NFS playlist was full of experts and I was having trouble getting 1st in session to unlock the 1200hp Mustang. But then I tried last night, got an easy group right away and finished 1st, 1st, and 2nd in the three races.

When I pick up the DLC at some point, I know what you are saying about looking for right Tier races, etc. I actually did that a little with another playlist where I needed to be a certain car to get my solo objectives.

My main question is the difficulty of the offline Italian Challenge series trophies. Is getting Gold roughly the same difficulty as the regular Challenge series? That is definitely is the hardest part of the game. I've only completed 2 of 10, very close on a couple of others (only need 1 more Gold, stupid "The Edge"), and some I have not tried yet like East Coast which I hear is impossible!

Anyway, are the Italian ones middle of the pack difficult or easier like Nevada or really hard like East Coast? I did some of the other DLC challenges like Carbon and getting golds there were really easy. Same with Limited and Most Wanted I think.

That's a bit tough to answer, as honestly I didn't find the challenges at that hard on the main game. I would say these seemed easier. The first 2 took a few tries, but the rest I got mostly on the first or second try. That said I did not get any platinum times, but most were one or two seconds off. Keep in mind that by now you should know the tracks extremely well, which was not the case when I did the initial challenges.

Again, this is clearly subjective, but I would say easier than the main game challenges.

This is correct, although on some occasions I would join a session at the start of the first race, I also found that every so often you would get into a match with 1 or 2 others, win that race and you are pretty much sorted for the other 2/3 due to the fact that others may join in the 2nd race and have no chance of winning the session because you had a 20 point lead in the first place.

Without sounding like I'm boasting, I often finished most races in 1st place, I just took my time in a race, speed isn't everything and I just worked my way to the front of the pack!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

What car did you guys use in Italy vs. World challenge "Bangers & Smash" ?

I got golds and couple of platinums in all dlc series, exept this one is somehow a real nightmare for me. Tryed every possible car there and still have to cut 9sec to gold... Did some runs without taking any shortcuts, doing all the shortcuts, different routes with some shortscuts and i still suck at this...

EDIT : ok, 3 more attempts and I got gold somehow with Lambo Sesto, probably was just very lost at the track with all the shortscuts everytime before...

Edited by vanja51

• 4 weeks later...
What tier/class are the NFS editions?

I need to win with different vehicles of the NFS Edition, but I haven't seen other NFS branded vehicles other than the LANCIA.

So how do I unlock them?

Diablo SV - Tier 6, i think this is unlocked through new challenge series

MC Stradale - Tier 6, playlist unlock if i remember right

Alfa Romeo 8C - Tier 6, playlist unlock

"Sunspot" - Tier 5 Diablo SV, playlist unlock

"Mud" - Tier 5 Delta, challenge series unlock

"Criminal" - Tier 5 Gallardo Superleggera, challenge series unlock

Im not 100% certain of all unlock requirements, you can check the requirements from Main menu -> View cars -> All tiers (picked by default i think) and scroll all the way to the right.

• 2 weeks later...
Diablo SV - Tier 6, i think this is unlocked through new challenge series

MC Stradale - Tier 6, playlist unlock if i remember right

Alfa Romeo 8C - Tier 6, playlist unlock

"Sunspot" - Tier 5 Diablo SV, playlist unlock

"Mud" - Tier 5 Delta, challenge series unlock

"Criminal" - Tier 5 Gallardo Superleggera, challenge series unlock

Im not 100% certain of all unlock requirements, you can check the requirements from Main menu -> View cars -> All tiers (picked by default i think) and scroll all the way to the right.

Awesome stuff, cheers for this fella. Also this should be added to the guide IMO.

• 2 years later...

If we all get together we can easily boost this trophy just with a little teamwork and communication . Since each trophy is from the same objectives all we need to do is take turns completing the objectives while keeping in mind the fact that it might take more than 4 sessions to get back to that type of race that is accepting ur objectives tier, or w.e Add me (SwagDomination) currently 92% with the DLC 100% Plat in the main content have 9/20 Objectives having a hard time with the NFS Edition Maserati MC Strandale it rarely is available to even select and is no match in my opinion for a equal or greater apponent with a good Lamborghini and or especially a Pangani Zonda lol Feel free to Add me for any other games aswell BO2 ... RDR... MineCraft ETC !