Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos

Star Performer Trophy

Anyone else finding this simply impossible? I cannot seem to unlock it no matter how fast all items and bonuses are found? Could it be a bug?

UPDATE: Looks like you cannot get it on the San Francisco level, probably to do with it not having a bonus puzzle stage. I unlocked it quite easily on New York.

Edited by Dan-yool

I did it with a partner in Multiplayer. I am fairly sure we actually had more than the original 30 minutes left (approx. 31.30?) by collecting all the 9 bonus items and doing it very quickly. One of us focused on bonus items only at the beginning of each location, then when all were found helped with the standard items.

Hope this helps!

I can confirm that you can get this trophy on the San Francisco level. I just got it a few hours ago.

The bottom line for this trophy (from what I've put together from other sites, threads, own experience, etc...) is that you need to complete a level with MORE than 30 minutes on the clock.

The trick to getting this trophy the easy way (if you have the means) will only work if you have a TV with a freeze frame option. Start the level, freeze the screen and pause the game. Find all items and 3 calling cards (especially the calling cards).

Unfreeze.

Unpause and quickly click on everything.

Lather, rinse and repeat with the other 2 levels and you should get it.

If you don't have a freeze option on your TV, then good luck!

I can confirm that you can get this trophy on the San Francisco level. I just got it a few hours ago.

The bottom line for this trophy (from what I've put together from other sites, threads, own experience, etc...) is that you need to complete a level with MORE than 30 minutes on the clock.

The trick to getting this trophy the easy way (if you have the means) will only work if you have a TV with a freeze frame option. Start the level, freeze the screen and pause the game. Find all items and 3 calling cards (especially the calling cards).

Unfreeze.

On San Fran, could you show me a screen cap of the calling cards?

EDIT: Nevermind. lol

Edited by VESPER

You can always quit from the XMB button (the PS button, in the middle of your controller).

The only downside is that you have to memorise very item in the room. First of all, begin in the 1st stage. Try to search for the easy items, then use your hints when you get stuck. When your done finding every item, quit the game from the PS button & start the game again. The system won't save if you quit the game from that form.

You'll need about three tries to memorise it. Two minutes & 24 second is the time that it took me to fully remember the locations of the items. Plus you can get all trophies without starting the stage all over again if your time limit expires.

I got it on the San Francisco mission after a few tries. But you must NOT use any hints. So the requirements seem to be:

- Complete all locations in a city mission with more than 30 mins on the clock

- Do NOT use any hints to find objects

- Find all bonus items as well

It took me several tries on the SF city mission since with each try, they randomize the objects to be found at each location, and so I was too slow searching those I was not familiar with, and used hints. Once I more or less know where most of the items are, finding them the next time round was much easier and faster.

BTW, easiest 100% trophy PSN game to date! :-)

Edited by vinster

I got it on the San Francisco level after a few tries. But you must NOT use any hints. So the requirements seem to be:

- Complete all levels in a city location with more than 30 mins on the clock

- Do NOT use any hints to find objects

- Find all bonus items as well

It took me several tries on the SF city location since with each try, they randomize the objects to be found, and so I was too slow searching those I was not familiar with, and used hints. Once I more or less know where most of the items are, finding them the next time round was much easier and faster.

BTW, easiest 100% trophy PSN game to date! :-)

hm.....not so easy 2 me because of this wham bam trophy. can someone post some details about it?

star performer was easy with this freeze tv trick.

but i m rather sure i finished one (or more) locations with less than 30 sekund and still dont have this.

help any1?

hm.....not so easy 2 me because of this wham bam trophy. can someone post some details about it?

star performer was easy with this freeze tv trick.

but i m rather sure i finished one (or more) locations with less than 30 sekund and still dont have this.

help any1?

Hmm... I only got 'Wham Bam' after the very last location (on Interpol HQ), where you have to find 8 microscopes. Of all the "Find 8 <stuff>" locations, I thought this was by far the easiest, hence it took me less than 30s even on my first try! Perhaps try the "Interpol HQ" mission again and see if it works for you?

Easy to be done in San Francisco, here are some tips

-Memorize everything, use hints to familiarize and to find everything, then quit by xmb

-MUST find all cards, 3 in each stage

-Click items one after the other, you get more points this way

-The more time you have in the clock by the end the more points you get

-And the most important one that was giving me a headache: DO NOT MISCLICK, you get like 20k points for not misclicking

:)

Edited by Morphine

• 2 weeks later...

Is it required that you find all 9 bonus items to unlock this Trophy?

Is the rank solely based on your score?

Edit: yes confirmed, all 9 bonus items and no MIS-CLICKING is the key to this trophy.

Score/speed matters i guess, but apparently not as much. I completed San Francisco 4 times with different speed - from range 27.++ to 31.++ [with bonus time] and always get Elite Agent if i DON'T MIS-CLICK.

If i fail to get all 9 bonus items - no Elite Agent.

If i mis-click - no Elite Agent.

So, thats the requirement.

Still puzzled though on how to get that "Expert" Bonus to appear... there is no difficulty setting am i right? Because i can't find one anywhere.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 2 weeks later...

Unfreeze.

doesnt work in sanfransisco.. ;x

i got every card in each lvl...

i had my timer on 31 minutes never went below

got every item in like 20~30sec.. with the freez thing

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Easy to be done in San Francisco, here are some tips

-Memorize everything, use hints to familiarize and to find everything, then quit by xmb

-MUST find all cards, 3 in each stage

-Click items one after the other, you get more points this way

-The more time you have in the clock by the end the more points you get

-And the most important one that was giving me a headache: DO NOT MISCLICK, you get like 20k points for not misclicking

:)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You're only able to click on items one at a time. How else would you do it?

lol wtf I got the star permofer trophy in my 1st try 2day in san francisco, I used hint (only 2 left) n I misclik 3 time final time 28 minute :confused::think: all I do was never pushed START button (maybe the game knew that u trying to cheat when u pause game) n collect every card to get the bonus.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Based on scores I've seen people put online and me finally getting the trophy today, my assumption is that it requires a time greater than you start with, no misclicks or missed bonus cards( I did San Fran) and your mission score should exceed 230k. I've seen a lot of people in the 220k+ range that are not being trophied, myself included.