Ultimate battler ps4: How to do it easier

sanbastase

Hi people, i've seen a lot of complaints about this trophy, and yes, it´s very hard but is nowhere near impossible. I´ve got this trophy in the PS Vita version and in the PS4 version. Mi user is sanbastase if anyone wanna check, and in those versions neither the doomsday or the hawkgirl trick work. So i will make it easier for you.

I´ll be focusing only in "The Max" and "The Impossible" because the other ones are a lot easier, but i will say this about the "Speed Run" and "The Countdown": here the doomsday trick does work, so use it and you won´t have to try it twice.

Three things to know beforehand:

1. Solomon Grundy is the way to go

2. Do not approach the two battle modes the same way, in THE MAX all the characters are in Very Hard difficulty but in The Impossible they start at easy and keep getting harder and harder untill they reach HARD (They never get to very hard in this mode)

3. I will split the characters in three cathegories (This part is key and is probably the part most people are failing):

A) Dashers: This are the ones that have a move that make them move

forward quickly and can be meterburn. For example Batman´s slide

kick) This characters are: Flash, Nightwing, Batman, Arrow,

Hawkgirl, Solomon Grundy, Lex Luthor, Catwoman,

Doomsday, Bane, Martian Manhunter. Batgirl and Zod

B) No dashers: The ones that doesn´t dash: Cyborg, Raven, Shazam,

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Joker, Harley Queen, Ares,

Killer Frost, Siniestro, Black Adams, Zatanna, Lobo and Scorpion.

C) Special treatment: This are characters that need a different approach

because they are different from the rest: Flash, Deathstroke,

Superman and Hawkgirl. I will explain this individually.

Note: I put some characters in the "No Dasher" section that do have Dash, but they don´t use them like the others, so they fit better in this section.

With this being said, ill start with:

The Max

Points to focus:

No matter how far you are here, enemies will be equally difficult, so if you can beat de first one, you can beat the last one.

You can be 90% dead and still fully recover, and life left doesn´t carry on. So don´t let stress win you over.

This are the combos you will be using:

Combo 1: down back triangle + meterburn (Swamp hands), when you get them do: forward X, X, O, down down O, up up O (You can do the swamp hands from far away and still have time to get close to do the combo if you are quick (Two dashes away maximum).

Combo 2: square square triangle, they will almost always block this, but when they block it if you press circle after you will grab them a 100% of the time (Except if they expend bars block breaking) if they do not block it, do it again, they will block for sure then. IMPORTANT: If they don´t blocked it do not press circle, the grab won´t get them and they will punish.

Combo 3: down, square, X (This will keep you out of preassure and will knock them out)

Now for the strategies:

Dasher: Use combo 2 until you get a bar, or get hit. Once you get it, wait for them to get close and use combo 3 untill they fall. When they fall quickly dash next to them and use combo 1, they will try to dash but because youre so close they wont get away from the swamp hands. After finishing combo 1 if you have them in the corner do it again, if you dont you wont have time to get next to them before they get up, so you need space. Jump backwards twice (Away from his "slide move") and start combo one again. If you finish combo 1 and he is in the corner but youre not next to them, do combo 3 as soon as they get up. Special note against Lex luthor: when he uses his armor try to keep your distance or block untill it goes away.

No dashers: This ones are the easiest. Get a bar aniway you want, and then use combo 3 to knock them out, do combo 1 when they´re waking up and keep doing it until they´re dead. You can also use combo 1 as a wake up attack, they will try to cancel but you will be faster. Use combo 2 if you´re out of bars.

Special Treatment: This ones are different from the rest, i will explain them individually:

Flash: The key for flash is keeping the distance. When the battle start try to get him with combo 2, if he gets too close use combo 3 and dash forward to start combo 3 before he wakes up, keep keep going for combo 3 untill you get it, this part is important, when you finnally get him you will have some space between you two, but you need more, keep jumping backwards to get away from the corner and do combo 1, after you finish get distance again, rinse and repeat.

Deathstroke: People complain a lot about this one, but this is actually the easiest of this categorie. All you have to do is keep blocking down while trying to get close, when youre near him do combo 3, when you get him, do combo 1 as soon as you can so he can not wake up attack with rapid fire. The go back to blocking down and repeat.

I post a video about it here:

Hawkgirl: The key here is to get her to fly. Keep doing combo 2 until she fly up, when she does this, start walking backwards, keep walking backwards, dont stop or she will throw you the mace. As soon as she touches the ground do combo 1 and you will get her a 100% of the time. Repeat.

Superman: This ones actually pretty thought, i will recommend avoiding this one. The only 2 things i can confirm here are: 1) if he´s close to you block down and he will go for the overhead, when you see the animation start block high and start combo 3. 2)If he´s far do swamp hands (No meterburn) he will jump and do the lasers in the air, block this and do combo 1 when he touches the ground. You gotta be pretty fast for this 2 tricks.

Follow this steps and you will finish The Max fairly easy:

Here´s a video i made about this techniques (Forgive me for my bad english):

Now lets cover THE IMPOSSIBLE

Things that are different from "the max"

1) Combo 2 won´t work because they won´t block it, sounds good at first, but doing a 3 hits combo that doesn´t do much damage will be counterprudent at the end. So we will use this new combo 2 instead:

square, square, X, walk a bit forward (almost nothing) unless you have them in the corner and do square, square, circle, down down circle, up up circle.

2) You won´t be able to get space from the characters because if you are far they will dash forward rapidly, so keeping preassure is the way to go here.

3) Difficulty will be changing and your top priority is to conserve as much of the health bar as possible, so trading hit to get the combo is not always a good idea.

Strategy:

Here is simpler, for the first 9 or 10 character you can just spam combo 2 (The new one) they will fall almost everytime, and if they block just do it again.

When they get harder, number 11 and on, start using combo 3 to knock them out, if they are dashers, use combo 2 when they are waking up and use combo 1 if youre far. If they are not dashers use combo 1 whenever you can. Combo 2 will work for all the battles if you time it right, don´t do it as a wake up attack thought.

If you need to recover health, keep spamming combo 2 until you have them in the corner and do swamp hands meterburn so you can do a transcition easier.

Don´t use interactables that are on the ground, use the ones that requires you to jump but only if you are close.

You get health for:

Winning the match: 25% (This one is a sure thing)

Doing a combo over 20% damage: 10% (This one is also sure if you follow this guide.

Winning a clash: 10% (This one will almost never happens because the enemie just clash if they have equal or more bars than you, and you shouldn´t be clashing because you need the bars for combo 1

Using an interactable: 10% (Use only the aerial ones unless you are far away from an enemy enemy that doesn´t have proyectiles)

Doing a super move: 10% if you are gonna use it, start combo 2 after the animation to keep preasuring, but remember that bars as well as health, carry on to the next match.

Doing an interaction: 10% (Do this as advice on the previus paragraph, but only if you need the heatlh, because after the animation, you will be neaither too far from the enemy or too close, and that is not good.

Remember that the key here is not so much as winning as it is to keep the health bar.

I will advice you to not use bars for the first fights at least because at the beginning the enemie won´t clash unless he has more bars than you. Not that it matters, but it loses time and this battle mode is long enough as it is.

Feel free to ask me anything if you have any doubt.

Good Luck.

Edited by sanbastase

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I captured video of my beating of The Max battle. I think, it's one of easiest way to beat this battle. Using Grundy and every time catch enemy at jump attack. Using this strategy I beat this battle from 3rd time. Only one special things - don't fight versus DLC characters, it will be pain like hell. Especially Scorpion or Batgirl.

Edited by ShadowofBatman

• 3 months later...

Great guide mate!! Thanks a lot!! With that info and a lot of practice and testing i finally managed today to complete "The Max" battle with Grundy after losing to opponent 10, three times!! :dance:

Now i have the "Impossible!" left and the trophy is mine!! I hope this battle is easier than "The Max". :p

I did it today!! I completed the Impossible! battle and got the trophy!! Now all i have left is level 100 and then i'll get my platinum!! :D

Here's a picture of my winning hit!! "Zod always wins". Yeah right!! Muhahahahaha!! :devil:

http://i.imgur.com/BNDujFa.jpg

• 4 months later...

Im down to the last 2 (the max and the impossible). They are insanely difficult. i was able to kill 2 at THE MAX, but after that is just too annoying :(. No dashers like Bance and Ares always stop my wake up combo 1 (MB version) and most of the time they escape it by jumping..

Edited by angelbless

• 1 year later...

I tried following this guide but honestly it needs some tightening up. Combo 2 does work, but on The Max, good luck ever getting close enough to use it in the first place without ending up on the receiving end of a combo yourself. Combos 1 and 3 work, but you also need to get comfortable using Walking Corpse. Walking Corpse is essential for putting down projectile-heavy users like Sinestro and Green Lantern since it walks through all attacks. Once they're down, you can time Swamp Hands to prevent them from launching any attacks of their own.

The other problem is the treatment of the characters as if they can be categorized in 1 of 3 ways. There are some similarities among different characters, but every character has their own quirks. Some characters have fast/instantaneous projectiles, some have slow ones, some have none. Some characters have forward/back+3 moves that make them jump, which makes Swamp Hands miss, some don't. Characters like Lex and Doomsday have character traits that make your moves useless. Characters like Nightwing, Wonder Woman, and Raven have different stances/modes that require different approaches.

I can completely understand not wanting to write specific tips for all 24 characters, but some of your tips oversimplify things and will cause players to walk right into trouble.