Possibly the worst fighting game I've ever touched

BrokenBlade

I was just on the tutorial and my god the button registration is terrible, it's inconstant as hell and makes a simple string near impossible just because its like "LOLNOPE! Not registering those buttons this time LOLOLOL!", like seriously how can you mess up the fundamentals of a fighting game when making it... Jeez... Controls need to be tight, when you hit a string with great timing it needs to register, not just drop a couple of your inputs.

I wouldn't say the worst. I rather enjoy the game. The one thing that bugs my is the do the down + left instead of the quarter circle. While I'm not particularly good at fighting games Killer Instinct was and always will be my best on SNES.

The PS4 really needs a fighter stick for this, and it is somewhat a tad sloppy on controlled movements for me with the small stick, I find myself using the D-day more then anything.

• 2 weeks later...
I was just on the tutorial and my god the button registration is terrible, it's inconstant as hell and makes a simple string near impossible.

Gotta agree, I don't usually play fighting games but thought I'd give this a go as it was free, but you're exactly right, I've been trying to do the Batarang Combo in the tutorial for about the last 15 minutes, tried it slow, fast, precise, imprecise and everything in between and it still doesn't register. Will probably give the SP a quick bash, but other than that I can't see myself putting much time into this.

sorry to say, but you all gotta learn how to play and how the timing in this game works.

and just to make it clear. it's one of the better fighting games out there.

Was waiting for one of these "you just gotta learn to play" responses lol, it's cute.

If the game drops your inputs, that's on the game, you may really like the game but that doesn't mean any legitimate criticism about the game means that person just sucks at it.

I've experimented in Practice mode and even spamming a move you can get your character suddenly stand there like a dumbass and do nothing because its dropped the attack input, it's broken, enough said ;)

Gotta agree, I don't usually play fighting games but thought I'd give this a go as it was free, but you're exactly right, I've been trying to do the Batarang Combo in the tutorial for about the last 15 minutes, tried it slow, fast, precise, imprecise and everything in between and it still doesn't register. Will probably give the SP a quick bash, but other than that I can't see myself putting much time into this.

Yep, I had trouble with that too and just skipped most of the tutorial while still getting the trophy for playing it.

What's worse is that I could do them easily on the 360 version. In fact, I used to use those Batarang Combos a lot whenever I played as Batman.

Was waiting for one of these "you just gotta learn to play" responses lol, it's cute.

If the game drops your inputs, that's on the game, you may really like the game but that doesn't mean any legitimate criticism about the game means that person just sucks at it.

I've experimented in Practice mode and even spamming a move you can get your character suddenly stand there like a dumbass and do nothing because its dropped the attack input, it's broken, enough said ;)

it doesn't drop the input. it's frame-based meaning you have to input at a specific frame. those combos are not intended for beginners.

not saying you suck, that's just how it all works.

it doesn't drop the input. it's frame-based meaning you have to input at a specific frame. those combos are not intended for beginners.

not saying you suck, that's just how it all works.

Like I said below that, spamming in practice mode (mashing one button) can result in him standing doing nothing because the input dropped, I tested it before just throwing out accusations. Also note that other poster said they had no trouble on another version of the game but this one messes up for them too. Maybe it's because it's digital, maybe it's just PS4, but inputs ARE dropped.

It definitely isn't the worst fighting game and is way better than Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I still didn't like it, though. Mostly because it was unbalanced.

Like I said below that, spamming in practice mode (mashing one button) can result in him standing doing nothing because the input dropped, I tested it before just throwing out accusations. Also note that other poster said they had no trouble on another version of the game but this one messes up for them too. Maybe it's because it's digital, maybe it's just PS4, but inputs ARE dropped.

I'm going to agree with Jaytech, though. You just need to practice. Fighting games are all about frames, and it might feel broken at times, but it's all because you aren't pressing the buttons at the right time. Spamming one button will of course seem like a button is not being registered because that's how fighting games work. The game does have weird input timings, though. You just have to get used to it. Also, it has nothing to do with the game being a digital download. Whether it's a physical copy or digital copy, it's the same game.

It definitely isn't the worst fighting game and is way better than Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I still didn't like it, though. Mostly because it was unbalanced.

I'm going to agree with Jaytech, though. You just need to practice. Fighting games are all about frames, and it might feel broken at times, but it's all because you aren't pressing the buttons at the right time. Spamming one button will of course seem like a button is not being registered because that's how fighting games work. The game does have weird input timings, though. You just have to get used to it. Also, it has nothing to do with the game being a digital download. Whether it's a physical copy or digital copy, it's the same game.

By spamming one button I meant just the basic attack over and over with the same timing, with no pressure in battle etc I can get the timing perfect with where the button needs to be pressed, as can most people, it becomes a simple rhythm, yet like I said, the character will stand there like an idiot sometimes randomly because the input has been dropped.

I'm sorry if you're fans of this game, developer or DC or whatever but its hard to deny that this game drops a tonne of inputs, I prefer my fighting games to be fluid and for correctly timed button presses to be rewarded every time. Unfortunately because of this flaw spamming one move seems the only real way to play the game, as demonstrated by players online, and you know what? Most of the time I would criticise spammers online but if I'm honest I don't care in this game, I completely understand them doing it because playing it like a normal fighter is punished due to broken inputs.

I'm not a massive fan of fighting games usually just because of the massive rosters to master which usually have a bunch of unwanted nobody characters lol, but being a free game and with those fun gimmicky specials and DC characters I thought I'd play it for fun, and it's still "fun", just definitely not competitive as input drops can make 2 fairly evenly matched players fight more based on luck.

Still reccomend the game, but more as a "party fighter" like Super Smash Bros, a fun fighter with no real competitive element and very dependent on luck.

I got the PS3 version a month or two after it came out & never heard or encountered any problems like this.

Never got into MK9 beyond it's story so I can't compare it with other NR games. The game has a competitive scene & it's doing ok for being a non Capcom title.

Maybe it's to do with having the PS4 version which was never well received for reasons I never went it to further after hearing about how the netcode was the same.

I do find cancelling into moves to be more restrictive than most other fighters with each normal or string having it's own cancel window, but beyond that there isn't really a high execution barrier for this game.

Besides balancing, Injustice can be played competitively & I've got no idea where the dropped inputs are coming from now.

The game has been out for a year & a half. You would expect that an issue that big would've been talked about to death. So for it to come out now it's either your problem with your execution or one of the other problems that the PS4 version has.

I picked it up because it was free. The AI is very smart in this game, it can get into your nerves, but with dedication, motivation and patience you can still get the Platinum. But i can understand your anger, you are not alone with this.

I only need to level up to Level 100 to get the Platinum Trophy. After that i will push the delete button and remove it from my PS4. Can`t wait to do that haha.

Edited by Emperor Golbez

I picked it up because it was free. The AI is very smart in this game, it can get into your nerves, but with dedication, motivation and patience you can still get the Platinum. But i can understand your anger, you are not alone with this.

I only need to level up to Level 100 to get the Platinum Trophy. After that i will push the delete button and remove it from my PS4. Can`t wait to do that haha.

I don't even have that on my mind, I don't think I have any plans to push far in this game, I'll be playing it casually as a "play for fun" type of game, but thanks to region lock I can't even play the damn game with half my friends -_-, I might try to push for a good completion in the game but there's just so much stuff (and not in the good way, it's just a lot to grind rather than exciting expansive content).

What version of the game do you have? I have the EU edition, some of my friends have the US edition, so yeah i understand what you mean.

Injustice looks time consuming at first but once you get into everything, you will recognize that is not that bad. But this is one of the games you have to stick with to the very end if you want to achieve everything in the fastest and easiest way (due to practice).

And yes there are better fighting games than Injustice, such as Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. ;)

Edited by Emperor Golbez

Well you can add me if you want. I can give you very good tipps regarding this game and the trophies. I mean this would be also good for me in some way ==> I could make 15 Million++++ xp a day if i had more reliable boosting partners.

You can add me if you are interested. PSN: Masamune-Gaming

I can also give you big motivation regarding the other trophies but in the end it`s up to you to decide if you want to go for the other trophies.

Alright, im out here. Hope you can reach your goals.

EDIT: just plated the game, so you can ask me whatever you want on PSN.

Cheers :)

Edited by Emperor Golbez

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out this game prefers inputs than mash.

For an example.. This game is nothing like Street Fighter where you need to press a button at a precise moment to connect a combo.

This game follows the string of button commands.

Try connecting the combo buttons really fast ( Medium Medium <- <- R2) .. you'll see it'll connect even after you finished pressing the buttons.

When you mash it's registering unknown and it restarts the process again.

Thanks for 3 years of U.MvC3 it's been easy picking up fighting game tech.

It's annoying but it's an adjustment

Just finished 3 Star Battle Missions in 3 days.. surprisingly really really easy.. just time consuming.

I figured out this game prefers inputs than mash.

For an example.. This game is nothing like Street Fighter where you need to press a button at a precise moment to connect a combo.

This game follows the string of button commands.

Try connecting the combo buttons really fast ( Medium Medium <- <- R2) .. you'll see it'll connect even after you finished pressing the buttons.

When you mash it's registering unknown and it restarts the process again.

Thanks for 3 years of U.MvC3 it's been easy picking up fighting game tech.

It's annoying but it's an adjustment

Just finished 3 Star Battle Missions in 3 days.. surprisingly really really easy.. just time consuming.

Of course. The battle mode is harder than 3 Stars Missions. But Stars missions is so boring...

Of course. The battle mode is harder than 3 Stars Missions. But Stars missions is so boring...

I'm only like half way throught the Star Labs but I finished Battle Mode a while ago, Star Labs is boring and a lot of them are the same mini games with different characters... Worst of all is some of them are RNG based (you'll understand which ones if you've played them all) and I get kinda annoyed when a game plays the luck card, take Lex's diving mission, it's VERY easy and only took a couple of tries because very often the air will spawn INSIDE a mine and you can't get it, plus there could be a line of mines that trap you with nowhere to go and there's nothing you can do about it because its just an unlucky spawn.

Edited by BrokenBlade

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded it as it was free in PS Plus and I was wondering whether it is a good game to start my adventure with fighting games on my brand new PS4. I've decided to see some comments on this forum but still I don't know whether it is a good idea or not =]