The Max actually isn't so bad...

The following are various techniques found by myself and other members that should make The Max (and the rest of the battles) a lot easier. Good luck!

If you are still having trouble and getting desperate I suggest deleting your game data. It seems that the recent patches have made improvements to the AI and without all of those patches these methods are way more effective. Make sure you delete the file under "Game Data Utility" and NOT under "Saved Data Utility"

Hawkgirl - Provided by RA1NKING & Dark Rocky X

Firstly make sure when you select "The Max" that you avoid the following characters :

Aquaman

Raven

Green Lantern

Lex Luthor

Deathstroke

DoomsDay ( thanks to Obie83 )

Now when the match starts jump back and then start with the one and only move you will be using :

B,F,2 --( Back , Forward Triangle )

Just keep timing it that you enter the move as soon as they get up. If they are blocking it does good chip damage so just keep doing the move over and over again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2KzlRlzNA]Injustice Battle Mode The Max Complete - YouTube[/ame]

Doomsday

The main technique to use with Doomsday is to hop in with his d3 and then use either 1,1,df2 or 1,1,2 to hurt the opponent. It's important to point out that even on block the last hit in 1,1,2 still does normal damage, so that string is very powerful. I feel like 1,1,df2 pushes them back more making it safer though. If they get you in a corner either try to spam db2 on wakeup or use d2.

- video provided by Urbanus

Solomon Grundy - provided by BALLZ_ARE_SOAR

1,1,2, BF2 R2 then 1,1,4 d,d,4 then U,U,4 - Thats the main combo for 47% damage

whenever the Cpu jumps in on u hit them with D2 then 1,1,4 d,d,4 u,u,4

Also his db2 r2 attack will hold them in place long enough for you to dash foward and start the main combo. This works great for fast opponents like flash, catwomen, harley and nightwing

u can bait most opponents by keeping some distance, they will then usually try to jump in on you or come in with an over head attack which you can smack them out of with D2 although some characters have a very short window to hit this on like superman.

you can jump in with 2 and begin the main combo but i never do it against bane, grundy or doomsday cause most of the time they will snatch you out of the air. do not try to jump in on death stroke because he will just shoot u down.

Use your meter wisely and try to save some of it for a clash exchange, your worst match ups will proly be Bane and raven because it is hard to bait those 2 for some reason.

Superman - provided by Shadowblastor

Basically, all this method involves is to choose Superman (Godfall costume so you can feel like a god when you finish it!) and constantly spam Air Heat Vision. The key to this method is distance; if you are too far away then it will miss even if the opponent is in the air, and they will avoid it and be able to counter attack as you drop out of the air. So what you must do is to jump away from your opponent (at least to start), and use Air Heat Vision immediately with DB2. The natural reaction of the AI will be to jump up after you and hit you in that annoyingly unfair and fast way that they always seem to manage no matter what. But if you have the distance right, you will have already started Air Heat Vision as they follow, and they will jump straight into it, completely unable to stop or block. They won’t be thrown far from you when they land so all you have to do is jump into the air and do it again, and they will do exactly the same. If they are getting a bit too close for comfort then jump away and lure them towards you, or if you feel Superman is getting too far away then jump towards them to close the gap. If you get it just right, it is possible to set up a rhythm where all you have to do is jump straight up in the air and they will try to get you, but be hit by the Air Heat Vision you have already activated (this works especially well if they are in the corner).

This method is superb against characters like Bane or Solomon Grundy who have no strong distance attacks and have to be close to do any damage to you, but it is effective against the majority of the cast. The reason for this is that the need of the AI to jump up and swat you out of the air seems to trump any other attack they could use, so they play right into your hands. Another great thing about this method is that it completely bypasses clashes or block cancels, which can be SO frustrating when so much is on the line. A drawback of this method is that it can be quite slow as it doesn’t do a huge amount of damage; you only get 15% when you use the meter burn version (and it is advisable to do so), and you are left quite vulnerable if the opponent manages to avoid it somehow, such as by using a meter burn version of B3. But if you keep calm and get into a steady rhythm with it, it should work great. I hope this helps you!

Edited by themuffinboyy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 3 is farthest i've done within 3 days of trying.

I tried using Doomsday and i got my ass kicked so hard, all of his moves are easily punishable, i need a faster character i think.

An easy way to stop the CPUs is using Doomsday's Air d3. They never seem to block that... And even when they do I very rarely ever got punished for it. I guess the same thing would work for Bane too.

An easy way to stop the CPUs is using Doomsday's Air d3. They never seem to block that... And even when they do I very rarely ever got punished for it. I guess the same thing would work for Bane too.

So far your method is working for me. Do you have any tips up against superman , the flash and catwoman ?

So far your method is working for me. Do you have any tips up against superman , the flash and catwoman ?

Superman is actually the character I lost to... -.-' so I don't have any tips for him. And I haven't ran into The Flash or Catwoman :/

I think it's important to just know what the opponent is capable of. Know their basic strings and be able to block them. If you can do that then you will do good. Also, I only use Doomsday's meter for Meter Burn db2. That move is so clutch and has saved my life on multiple occasions. Also it's an easy way to move in close to CPUs so they can't just spam.

Superman is actually the character I lost to... -.-' so I don't have any tips for him. And I haven't ran into The Flash or Catwoman :/

I think it's important to just know what the opponent is capable of. Know their basic strings and be able to block them. If you can do that then you will do good. Also, I only use Doomsday's meter for Meter Burn db2. That move is so clutch and has saved my life on multiple occasions. Also it's an easy way to move in close to CPUs so they can't just spam.

Thank you so much. These are some awesome tips. It helped me a great deal. His meter burn Supernova comes in handy. So far the only person I came across that counters the Supernova move is Sinestro but he his easy to beat now. All you have to do is jump in with 1, 1,1,2, then DF2, back dash on block and repeat until you build meter.

Thank you so much. These are some awesome tips. It helped me a great deal. His meter burn Supernova comes in handy. So far the only person I came across that counters the Supernova move is Sinestro but he his easy to beat now. All you have to do is jump in with 1, 1,1,2, then DF2, back dash on block and repeat until you build meter.

Haha no problem man :] I'm fairly certains these tips will work with any character as well.. Just learn a simply string that isn't too punishable and you should be fine. I haven't tried The Max again yet, I'm just going to get all of the other battles out of the way first and then do that one.

Another really great string with Doomsday to use is air d3,2,2,1+3. The last input is a throw. The only problem I've found with this one is the throw pushes them too far away. So you have to work your way in close again.

Actually I did something else. All i did was jump in D1, 1,1,2. I notice even on block it does high damage. I will show my 1st attempt on video using this method combine with cornering the cpu and having them back away at all times. Lex did mess me up at the end lol i was nervous but after my 2nd try i finally complete the max mission with ease.

Actually I did something else. All i did was jump in D1, 1,1,2. I notice even on block it does high damage. I will show my 1st attempt on video using this method combine with cornering the cpu and having them back away at all times. Lex did mess me up at the end lol i was nervous but after my 2nd try i finally complete the max mission with ease.

Ahh I'll be waiting for the video! I can't seem to get a run without Superman being in there -.-'

I just tried The Max for the first time with a character I'm relatively new with and... I got to round 6. Sooo, not too sure what all the fuss is about. I used Doomsday and focused on doing air d3,1,1,df2. Most of the CPUs didn't know what to do with that, but for some reason Superman tore me apart with like 25% of his health left :mad:

Btw, you don't really need to pick Doomsday.. I'm only doing it because he's my main character anyways so I feel comfortable with him. You can do it with anyone else by doing air 1,1,1,2. Or some other string that's fast. Hope this helps!

Please explain doomsdays so called "air move" : d3,1,1,df2??? What buttons?

Warning :Very poor quality, sound, but its enough to show you, how you can beat this max challenge. Like I said before I suck at fighting games if I can do it, then YOU can do it. lol I know it gets frustrating but its doable.

Warning :Very poor quality, sound, but its enough to show you, how you can beat this max challenge. Like I said before I suck at fighting games if I can do it, then YOU can do it. lol I know it gets frustrating but its doable.

This looks manageable... Thanks buddy

Haha I see what you mean by d3,1,1,2. But that string does a lot less damage. I'll give it a shot though :] good job man!

And that's what I was talking about with Lex! I hate fighting him...

Edited by themuffinboyy

This looks manageable... Thanks buddy

No problem but remember to stay from Superman, Green Lantern, and maybe Lex.

The crying at the end....was hilarious XD

Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now that the game is done. lol

Haha I see what you mean by d3,1,1,2. But that string does a lot less damage. I'll give it a shot though :] good job man!

And that's what I was talking about with Lex! I hate fighting him...

Believe it or not, I use this very same strategy and beat Impossible! the same day. The only difference is I used a lot of interactions for health bonuses other than that you should be fine. Anyway, thanks again themuffinboyy.

Haha okay. I see that 1,1,2 has a lot more block advantage than 1,1,df2. I'm switching over to that.

I also made that switch...got to round nine and shittyfuckfaceman i mean superman killed me then i got to round seven and lex killed me....those are the only two who seem to stop me now

Alright guys, I just completed it. I used the Doomsday strategy and it worked like a charm. I did stumble in quite a few places though so it took me around 3-5 attempts to complete this with Doomsday.

P.S. I was very unfortunate to have to deal with Flash, Lex, Supes and Green Lantern in the same iteration but somehow I managed it.

Proof as before:

http://s24.postimg.org/4wb9b9ozp/IMG_0095.jpg

I'm working on a video Tutorial for both 'Impossible!' (also done) and 'The Max' and I'll be sure to post it here as soon as I finish it.

Here are some tips you might find useful.

1. Keep relentless pressure on the AI opponent.

2. Make that you initiate D3 as soon as you jump (it takes precedence).

2. Save all your meter for a clash until your on your second health bar (50%).

Good luck guys. :)

Edited by StaticContext
Just! :-P

I just tried to use doomsday instead for the impossible challenge, i found 1,2,3~DF3 to be a superior combo to pull off after D3 in the air, it pushes the opponent into the corner really fast. However, i am going to be sad for the rest of the evening knowing that i just got to fight 24 (ofcourse it was Lex) and i was goddamn sure i had it :(