5 minutes tips + All bases covered?

sepheroithisgod

I was just telling someone else, these were the things I found that helped me beat it.

As soon as you take your shot start swinging around to line up your next shot. This will keep the camera from auto-targeting the nearest ball and forcing you to swing around to try to find the shot you want to take to actually be able to do something.

Focus on streaks of shots over high point combos. If you can get to a second inferno (I think I was usually able to sink 5 shots on the first one) the second will more than likely continue going so long as you don't miss a shot, and I believe higher streaks fill the inferno meter more with each ball you sink. Granted, if you have an easy two ball combo go ahead and take it, but don't try to force a 2 rail bank just to fill your meter.

You don't always need to draw back on the cue before shooting. If you want a soft touch simply puch forward on the analog. It'll give a lighter touch and your cue ball will have a little follow to it. If you snap the cue (back then forward) you'll stop it dead on a straight shot more than likely, but you'll have more force on the target ball and on an angled shot the cue ball is going to travel a lot. Also, you have to wait until every ball on the table stops, so blasting a couple is going to delay you more than tapping them in if you hit something else.

Other than that, simply get comfortable reading the table and knowing what your next shot is going to be before you shoot. You can pick up a lot of time if you know what you're going to do before you do it. You can pick up even more if you can make the cue ball go about where you want it to be and keep things simple.

For the All bases, you can do it with a boost partner online. I usually take the jump shot first as it's the hardest to set up for me. Some notes on those... if you have a ball near the rail and a straight shot to the pocket but can nick the rail with it, it'll give you credit for a bank shot. Same shot if you take the cue ball of the rail you'll get the kick shot. Also, if you have no shot at all... sink the cue ball. You'll lose your targeting for a couple seconds, but you can also place the cue anywhere on the table you want to afterwards to get those hard-to-position shots.

Edited by Maldovar

Hope it helps. If you're getting that close than more than likely the key is going to be keeping that second or third Inferno going, which means having a high streak count. I was stuck around the 4:30 mark for a bit as well, but once I realized that with a high streak multiplier I could recharge Inferno within a few shots of it running out it came down to simply making the shots and foregoing the banks and combos if I didn't have to take them, and avoiding jump shots and long tricks altogether. Even if you make them it just takes too long to line up a full table bank to make it worth it.

Just got my 5 minute trophy last night. I was averaging around 4 minutes and one time was able to get to 4:55, but last night I finally got it. I actually lasted about 7 minutes! Anyway, I can confirm that keeping your streak alive is the way to go! By the end of the game I had around a 52 ball streak. After I hit a streak of 32 or so, inferno mode (my 4th?) stayed up for the remainder of the game.

It's better early on to take your time and make sure you make your shots rather than to worry about how fast you are pocketing your balls. After around 15 balls or so, I slowed down a bit because the table was getting a little empty and I waited for some more balls to show up, allowing me a better selecetion of easy shots to hit.

Another great tip, for those of you who, like me, jumped right in with out really looking over the controls too much. Holding down the L2 button while adjusting your aim will make much smaller adjustments and allow you to fine tune the direction of your shots. I wasted a ton of time trying to make small adjustments by barely moving the left analog stick only to overcompensate and then waste more time getting it back into position! L2 is a big help!

Edited by Misbik

• 4 months later...
I was just telling someone else, these were the things I found that helped me beat it.

As soon as you take your shot start swinging around to line up your next shot. This will keep the camera from auto-targeting the nearest ball and forcing you to swing around to try to find the shot you want to take to actually be able to do something.

Focus on streaks of shots over high point combos. If you can get to a second inferno (I think I was usually able to sink 5 shots on the first one) the second will more than likely continue going so long as you don't miss a shot, and I believe higher streaks fill the inferno meter more with each ball you sink. Granted, if you have an easy two ball combo go ahead and take it, but don't try to force a 2 rail bank just to fill your meter.

You don't always need to draw back on the cue before shooting. If you want a soft touch simply puch forward on the analog. It'll give a lighter touch and your cue ball will have a little follow to it. If you snap the cue (back then forward) you'll stop it dead on a straight shot more than likely, but you'll have more force on the target ball and on an angled shot the cue ball is going to travel a lot. Also, you have to wait until every ball on the table stops, so blasting a couple is going to delay you more than tapping them in if you hit something else.

Other than that, simply get comfortable reading the table and knowing what your next shot is going to be before you shoot. You can pick up a lot of time if you know what you're going to do before you do it. You can pick up even more if you can make the cue ball go about where you want it to be and keep things simple.

For the All bases, you can do it with a boost partner online. I usually take the jump shot first as it's the hardest to set up for me. Some notes on those... if you have a ball near the rail and a straight shot to the pocket but can nick the rail with it, it'll give you credit for a bank shot. Same shot if you take the cue ball of the rail you'll get the kick shot. Also, if you have no shot at all... sink the cue ball. You'll lose your targeting for a couple seconds, but you can also place the cue anywhere on the table you want to afterwards to get those hard-to-position shots.

This would be great if I had someone to accomplish it with me rather than trying it with 2 controllers.