How hard is hard mode?

Mirerian

Hmm, I've heard the hard was easier as a good character due to more precise moves, easier ways to recharge, and grenades that did more damage and had a better blast radius. Oh well :/

I heard quite the opposite :think: You get cluster grenades while being Evil and just one grenade while being Good.

yes evil is the only way to go, the powers are more destructive and cause more unintended casualties. Also with the bioleach regenerating power is easier

^This exacrtly....you want to hurt more unintended people while evil. So you level up faster...thus making the Hard playthough easier.

I played Hard as Good (I like my first playthroughs to be good and get the difficult trophies out of the way) and I had no problems. The game is pretty easy really. There are health packs literally all around you because of how the game works.

But that's just me.

I played Hard as Good (I like my first playthroughs to be good and get the difficult trophies out of the way) and I had no problems. The game is pretty easy really. There are health packs literally all around you because of how the game works.

But that's just me.

http://i.imgur.com/2dPuX.gif

Definitely confusing info for the good vs. evil for hard playthrough. The trophy guide suggests saving good for hard mode trophy but a lot of other people say to use evil for your hard mode run.

I mean, you could play through being Good, but you will ultimately have a lot more problems. Just the basic Lightening while being Evil is twice as strong than if you were good. Plus, enemies require a lot more hits on Hard if you play as Good rather than Evil.

I don't think I've ever considered doing the good run second time around on hard. Just seems obvious to get the good finish out of the way early and have some fun being evil on hard mode (this applies to any game where good/bad is relevant).

With that in mind, I don't remember Infamous posing any difficulty but as people have said, it'll probably be a little tougher playing it good on hard.

Does the guide really recommend it? :eek:

I don't think I've ever considered doing the good run second time around on hard. Just seems obvious to get the good finish out of the way early and have some fun being evil on hard mode (this applies to any game where good/bad is relevant).

With that in mind, I don't remember Infamous posing any difficulty but as people have said, it'll probably be a little tougher playing it good on hard.

Does the guide really recommend it? :eek:

It suggests you play as good your Easy play through due to the stunts being easier while good. For the second play through, it recommends Evil for Hard due to the Final Boss and the enemies being tougher.

Says:

Introduction

InFamous is a game that you should be ready to play for a week at least; the trophies will not come quickly and not without some effort. You should be prepared to play through the game atleast twice, once good and once evil. You should make sure that before you start either playthrough that you look through the list of trophies and are mindful of which trophies correspond to your karma and focus on only those. You may think that being neutral karma gives you options to be each but that is NOT what this game is about. Either be completely evil or completely good. There is debate about which Karma has the better powers so choose whichever you like for your first and second playthroughs as long as you do both karma paths and only one per playthough.

Step 1: Karma Choice 1 Playthrough on Easy or Medium

This playthrough you will focus on the majority of the combat trophies. You should go through the main storyline at whatever pace you like doing the side missions along the way. Stick to your Karma of choice and do the corresponding side missions. If you chose to be good, you are going to be adding the stunts to your list of things to do this playthrough. See the stunts guide for opportune places to preform these stunts. This playthrough will net you half of the story trophies, the combat related trophies, one set of karma path trophies, and a few other miscellaneous trophies.

Step 2: Playthrough on Hard Following the Story Missions only

Do it on hard this time while focusing on the other karma path. It's not too hard to beat the game on hard but you want to do only the story missions until you get the "Hard Finish" trophy. Avoid Collecting any of the Blast Shards, excluding the first shard that you must obtain to proceed with the game, as you will need the experience later when on an easier difficulty setting. The same applies to side missions, dead drops, and Karma missions. Once you've beaten the game on hard turn the difficulty to easy or medium and begin your clean up.

On the roadmap. Then, down on the actual Hard finish trophy it says:

Do this on your good playthrough for starters. This isn't too much harder than medium or easy but a few parts are difficult:

Which is interesting and confusing since so many other sources say Evil for hard. The roadmap does mention there's a debate on which one to play with first and is pretty ambiguous on which one to play first (leaving it more up to your choice).

Says:

Introduction

InFamous is a game that you should be ready to play for a week at least; the trophies will not come quickly and not without some effort. You should be prepared to play through the game atleast twice, once good and once evil. You should make sure that before you start either playthrough that you look through the list of trophies and are mindful of which trophies correspond to your karma and focus on only those. You may think that being neutral karma gives you options to be each but that is NOT what this game is about. Either be completely evil or completely good. There is debate about which Karma has the better powers so choose whichever you like for your first and second playthroughs as long as you do both karma paths and only one per playthough.

Step 1: Karma Choice 1 Playthrough on Easy or Medium

This playthrough you will focus on the majority of the combat trophies. You should go through the main storyline at whatever pace you like doing the side missions along the way. Stick to your Karma of choice and do the corresponding side missions. If you chose to be good, you are going to be adding the stunts to your list of things to do this playthrough. See the stunts guide for opportune places to preform these stunts. This playthrough will net you half of the story trophies, the combat related trophies, one set of karma path trophies, and a few other miscellaneous trophies.

Step 2: Playthrough on Hard Following the Story Missions only

Do it on hard this time while focusing on the other karma path. It's not too hard to beat the game on hard but you want to do only the story missions until you get the "Hard Finish" trophy. Avoid Collecting any of the Blast Shards, excluding the first shard that you must obtain to proceed with the game, as you will need the experience later when on an easier difficulty setting. The same applies to side missions, dead drops, and Karma missions. Once you've beaten the game on hard turn the difficulty to easy or medium and begin your clean up.

On the roadmap. Then, down on the actual Hard finish trophy it says:

Do this on your good playthrough for starters. This isn't too much harder than medium or easy but a few parts are difficult:

Which is interesting and confusing since so many other sources say Evil for hard. The roadmap does mention there's a debate on which one to play with first and is pretty ambiguous on which one to play first (leaving it more up to your choice).

I think he mentions Good first due to trophies and getting the Stunts done in one go, if that makes sense? As for your Hard play through, it really is difficult unless you choose Evil as your powers are a lot stronger than if you were good. It could be debatable, but from my experience, Evil is definitely more worth it on Hard.

Oh, that's good. Thought I read a comment stating the opposite, must have misunderstood. :p

It is all good man! The game is not too hard just annoying because you have to travel on Hard without unlocking any areas like you do on Easy. Plus, the final boss is fairly difficult on Hard if you were to be Good versus Evil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...