Fastest XP method (evil playthrough) ~500XP a minute.

Eternal21

So I was following the guide, did my first playthrough as good Cole on Easy and got all the upgrades without any issues. The 2nd playthrough on hard was a different story. I knew it would be tough coming up with XP - I just didn't realize how tough. After doing only the main story, I still needed about 12,000XP to upgrade my Lightning Power.

After I got the Hard trophy, I changed my difficulty to Easy, and started doing the 15 Evil Missions, but you only get 100XP per each one, so it's really a drop in the ocean. I checked some grinding methods on youtube, but they were all painfully slow. I just wanted a method that would get me 12,000XP FAST!

Well, not sure if it was posted before, but I found one. You need evil mission in the Warren district (all the way on the bottom left of the district). It's called 'Night on the Town'. You are flying with a bunch of reapers and killing Dustmen.

When the mission starts, you go to first checkpoint and kill a few dustmen on two narrow buildings. After that you go to the final location where a crapload of Dustmen (15 or so) spawn on a roof below you.

Here's what you do then.

1. Kill yourself.

2. When you respawn, turn right, stand to the left of the little chimney and use the thunder ability by holding :down: button. You don't need to see the Dustmen below, just stand by the Chimney.

3. The power will kill between 8-12 dustmen, for 10XP each, and you'll also get 20XP for unstopable bonus (5 kills in a row).

4. Don't use your entire power, save a little juice for a couple grenades, which you'll toss at the air conditioning unit to your left, so they bounce back and kill you.

5. Rinse and repeat.

It literally takes 10 seconds if not less to make between 100-140XP. That means over 500XP per minute. I was able to earn my 12,000XP in about 15 minutes.

Make sure you save the game before you start doing this, just in case you mess up, and also save again every 5 minutes or so, in case you kill all Dustmen by accident (hasn't happened to me once, but you never know).

Edited by Eternal21

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I don't see why there is a need to boost XP. I'm going to have in excess of 8,000 XP after clearing all of the areas on my Hard/Evil playthrough.

Good for you. Like I said - in my case I was 12000 short - hence the need for boosting. Also keep in mind that the more you die or fail missions during your playthroughs, the more money you'll make.

Edited by Eternal21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...