What's with all the hate for this game here?

Jaxical

This is the only forum I've ever seen with so much hate for this game. Personally it is one of my favourite games of this generation and I loved my time playing it. I don't understand why it has so much hate in this particular community. For a game that is fairly critically acclaimed and has a large number of fans, I don't get it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shards are only one part of why I can't stand this game:

1: On Hard, the difficulty is beyond ridiculous at times and the final boss took me 3 days to beat.

2: The shards.

3: The stunts are a nightmare to get if you don't plan ahead.

4: It gets boring and fast. The day I rented this I played for 30mins, put it away, came back a few hours later and was immediately struck by how repetitive and samey the missions were.

5: The powers aren't that great and some are outright useless.

6: The ending is a complete cop-out.

Points 1+6 are the main reasons I hate this game with a passion :mad:!

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

The shards are only one part of why I can't stand this game:

1: On Hard the difficulty is beyone hard at times and the final boss took me 3 days to beat.

2: The shards.

3: The stunts are a nightmare to get if you don't plan ahead.

4: It gets boring and fast. The day I rented this I played for 30mins, put it away, came back a few hours later and was immediately struck by how repetive and samey the missions were.

5: The powers aren't that great and some are outright useless.

6: The ending is a complete cop-out.

Points 1+6 are the main reasons I hate this game with a passion :mad:!

Summed it up there perfectly.

It was ok at first, but it got boring quickly.

I really enjoyed it. Everything in it. Even the stunts which had me cursing at times gave me that great feeling of fulfillment when I finally did them all. I also had alotta fun finding the blast shards, didn't even use a map. Only the last shards in the Neon took me very long to find. Although I think I'm in the minority of people that enjoy finding collectables.

Don't get all this talk of it being repetitive either. Different powers offer different ways of completing missions. And the missions offered plenty of variety. If InFamous is repetitive you could argue most games are repetitive.

mjc is our official games hater. Except, of course, for Twisted Metal...

But I think all this rage comes from most people around here not being able to get the infamous last shard, and being stuck on 349/350, and then they can't platinum this game.

This. I really dislike the game for that one reason. I have searched everywhere for it several times and no luck. It's the free version so it's not that simple as deleting your Game data and reinstalling since that takes ages. That's really my only gripe.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Hard difficulty was a challenge but not a pain in the ass, didn't have too much trouble finding the last couple of shards, and did the stunts easily by paying attention to them. Some parts can be repetitive, but there was enough variety to keep it interesting. Most games are repetitive these days, anyway.

There's plenty of people that like it. I haven't noticed a large amount of hate on here for this game, except of course coming from mjc.

You haven't been looking very hard then. Lots of people here hate this game.

1: On Hard the difficulty is beyond hard at times and the final boss took me 3 days to beat.

Hard difficulty was a challenge but not a pain in the ass
You guys are joking, right? Hard wasn't hard in this game. There's health everywhere.

Don't get all this talk of it being repetitive either. Different powers offer different ways of completing missions. And the missions offered plenty of variety. If InFamous is repetitive you could argue most games are repetitive.
I don't get all this talk of it not being repetitive. Missions offered variety? Did we play the same game? The missions all boiled down to the same thing: zap dudes. What powers offer different ways of completing missions? Your powers let you zap dudes or protect yourself while you heal so you can get back to zapping more dudes. There is no variety in the powers, and only one mission had any variety compared to the other ones, and that was the terrible mission near the end where you have to get those balloons. And that was the worst mission in the game. The one time they actually tried to have a different kind of mission, they botched the execution and it was an awful mission. Edited by mjc0961

I don't get all this talk of it not being repetitive. Missions offered variety? Did we play the same game? The missions all boiled down to the same thing: zap dudes. What powers offer different ways of completing missions? Your powers let you zap dudes or protect yourself while you heal so you can get back to zapping more dudes. There is no variety in the powers, and only one mission had any variety compared to the other ones, and that was the terrible mission near the end where you have to get those balloons. And that was the worst mission in the game. The one time they actually tried to have a different kind of mission, they botched the execution and it was an awful mission.

Wow. You must hate shooters then. I mean all you do in that is shoot dudes. And racing games, all you do in that is race dudes.

The powers had enough variety. You had your basic bolt, that missile like bolt, grenade, the melee blades and that big fuck off lightning storm thing. About as much variety in powers as any shooting based game.

The missions had all the variety of any action based platformer. Only thing they could've added were stupid driving missions or some puzzles, I'm glad they avoided that and stuck to a formula that was actually fun. As for that "worst mission in the game"... What was wrong with it in your eyes?

Wow. You must hate shooters then. I mean all you do in that is shoot dudes. And racing games, all you do in that is race dudes.

The powers had enough variety. You had your basic bolt, that missile like bolt, grenade, the melee blades and that big fuck off lightning storm thing. About as much variety in powers as any shooting based game.

The missions had all the variety of any action based platformer. Only thing they could've added were stupid driving missions or some puzzles, I'm glad they avoided that and stuck to a formula that was actually fun. As for that "worst mission in the game"... What was wrong with it in your eyes?

But there isn't much variety, in the end it's just electricity.

But I can see how some people like it, I don't have a problem with that :). It's just I didn't enjoy it, mainly because I was playing for the (P).

Sorry your analogy doesnt work, Shooters are shooters simple. Racing is racing.

Infamous tries to be something it isnt, it's ment to be a platformer yet outside the 1 set of quests where you race time grinding rails everything else involves zapping people.

I actually liked the game but its hardly GOTY style as some fanboys say it is.

The buildings are what irk me, its pretty much the exact same map but on the 3 different islands :confused:

Hard mode wasnt really that hard, once you figured out how to do the last boss it was simple enough.

70% of the zapping modes were redundant outside of the stunt trophy lists.

I admit I didn't like this game to start with, but that was because I didn't 'get' it.

However, now I understand how it works it's OK. I've had another go at it and have now completed the good campaign.

I don't quite get how it got such high acclaim, I think there was potential for it to be more than it was. As mentioned by others the missions were same-y and most of the powers were not used. I even forgot about some of them.

I'm still going to try for the platinum though, especially as I have got all of the stunts done. :)

I liked the game is definitely not the best game out there but it is decent enough. It certainly is repetitive but think about it every other 'sandbox' game like this ends up being repetitive think about Assassins Creed or LA Noire and you'll get my point.

I can totally understand the complaints about the Blast Shards but if you're careful and keep the count of how many Shards you've gotten per district it shouldn't be that much of a trouble, i still need to get the last shards at the Historic district but i am certain that i already have all of Neon's and the Warren's Shards.

And about the difficulty that i don't understand, this game is EASY yeah capital letters EASY i just finished my first playthrough and i decided to do it on hard to get that trophy out of the way and i never died more than three times on a mission, not even on the last boss. Heck even Uncharted (all three of em) gave me more trouble on crushing and they are supposed to be easier games than this.

I think this is a great game. Just finished my first playthrough on Hard, nothing challenging really. Only died three times against Kessler.

Easy controls, missions are varied enough to keep me interested, no more repetitive than most games. A solid 8/10.

im the kind of person that even if i dont like a game or dont understand it i'll still complete it just to say ive actually played it.

and i just dont like this game, i know theres alot of people who do like it but i just dont, the characters are weird, the missions are boring, the ending sucked so badly words cannot describe and the game just made me depressed.

i can understand why sony gave it away for free, but after my first playthrough i deleted it.

im the kind of person that even if i dont like a game or dont understand it i'll still complete it just to say ive actually played it.

and i just dont like this game, i know theres alot of people who do like it but i just dont, the characters are weird, the missions are boring, the ending sucked so badly words cannot describe and the game just made me depressed.

i can understand why sony gave it away for free, but after my first playthrough i deleted it.[/quote

(That kind of person is called a trophy hunter)

Anyways, the stunts are stupid, the game is rubbish on your 2nd playthrough and I've never come across a game that need constant spamming and bashing of R1. Rant over. Aside from that its okay xD

Too repetitive and 350 blast shards is a outrageous number to collect. I have not had a game where I had to collect that many items. The next closest was far cry 2 with 201 diamonds and GTA 4 with the 200 pigeons. I have no real desire to play the sequel, unless the psn gets hacked again and they feel like giving it to me for free like the first one.