Last Boss [Hard]

Theraphosidae

I must be on my tenth try and I cant make a dent in Kesslers health.

Anyone got any tips? He can practically wipe me out in two hits and whenever I try to move to recharge he shifts right in front of me.

The guy is a menace. lol.

The game has been satisfying up to this point. Challenging. Now, however, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and I REALLY don't wanna lower the difficulty.

it actually very very very very very (trust me i can go forever lol) easy to do just keep hitting him until he trys to zap u with his lightning bolt just dodge it 4 times and he will just break down and sit there hammer him with ur megawatt hammer and just keep doin that. and if he wants to hit u just simply dodge with O.

use the polarity wall to block off his ranged attack... and use O to dodge when he gets close... after 4 of his ranged attacks... he will bend down, and that will be ur chance to spam whatever u got... and as for his ground shockwave kinda of attack... i jump when coming towards me... and hover on the spot till the shockwave is over...

not much of difficulty once you know his next move... was able to clear it on my second playthrough on hard mode without dying once...

EDIT: haha... BuLlEtPrOoFzOrRo you are faster than me... also.. another tip.. if u hv the upgrade for polarity wall.. it will be even better... as u will be able to convert his lightning bolt into energy.... thus allowing u to spam more... haha....

Edited by xcoffeeboix

EDIT: haha... BuLlEtPrOoFzOrRo you are faster than me... also.. another tip.. if u hv the upgrade for polarity wall.. it will be even better... as u will be able to convert his lightning bolt into energy.... thus allowing u to spam more... haha....

keep up one day you will catch up to me lol :D

That one piece of ground where it all started, if you jump off that and stand next to it so that you're looking down on Kessler, you can just stand there without moving and his bolts don't hit you, just make sure you're hugging the wall and watch out for grenades.

ok i didnt know there was already a thread about this so i mistakenly made another one. thankfully the mods on here set me straight. So ill post what i wrote there, here.

Kessler has only a few attacks he does.

1. He teleport dashes close to you then shockwaves you down. After this he pounds the ground sending a ground wave after you. Before this wave hits you i throw like 3-4 Shock Grenades at him. Then i jump over the ground wave. Since he is immobile during the ground wave part this does good damage to him.

2. He throws lighting bolts at you. You know he is about to throw one at you because he charges up. The key to dodging these is to move RIGHT BEFORE he throws the bolt at you. However i just used my polarity shield and stood still. The shield blocks the bolts. After the 3rd bolt Kessler kneels to the ground. When he does this you can use any attack you like on him, but he is only immobile for a few seconds so move fast.

3. Kind of an addon to 2. If you manage to get hit by one of Kessler's lightning bolts he kind of cancels the 3 lightning bolt attack and instead stops to throw out his own kind of grenade. I didnt really experiment much to see if i can shockwave them back to him. Most of the time i just tried to get as far away from them as possible because if u get hit by one THEY WILL MESS YOU UP.

4. Kind of an addon to 1. At times when Kessler does his ground wave attack 4-6 "enemies" spawn as well. They look like big Kessler versions of the conduits on the 3rd island. I usually threw in my shock grenades as usual them just zapped all the big guys with my lightning bolt as it only took 1 hit to kill them.

OK i think thats all the attacks that Kessler uses. I didnt really see a set pattern that he used them during the course of the battle. You just have to kinda realize what hes doing and react accordingly.

Note: When you get Kessler to 1/4 health he spawns 3 of them floating robot grenade launcher thingys. MAKE SURE TO TAKE THEM OUT RIGHT AWAY as this will make fighting kessler WAY more easier. If you dont you will then have to avoid/attack Kessler as well as avoiding 3 grenades from the robots.

Edited by WickedNite

alright i cant really talk about fighting him while a hero but if you are infamous and have done all the evil side missions, use that like continuous electric stream thing and trust me, this makes it a piece of cake.

just continuously spam with this dodging only when he like does his forward attack and itll take a couple tries but it will make it much much easier

best of luck!

I must be on my tenth try and I cant make a dent in Kesslers health.

Anyone got any tips? He can practically wipe me out in two hits and whenever I try to move to recharge he shifts right in front of me.

The guy is a menace. lol.

The game has been satisfying up to this point. Challenging. Now, however, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and I REALLY don't wanna lower the difficulty.

lol it took me around five goes until i learnt his move

one of which is when he neels down an smashes the ground where you have to jump and static thrust until it passes by you.

the second is when he dodges towards you tremendously fast just press circle and geuss either left or right

the third is when he throws his attack straight for you just doge it by pressing circle.

also when kessler releases those flying sourcers in the air withch throw down grenades, just use ur thunder to quickly get rid of them.

to get alot of damage of him he will stop and kneel down for about 3 seconds this gives u time to either hit him or re charge... take it in turns and use your triangle attack, eventually he will wear down

alright i cant really talk about fighting him while a hero but if you are infamous and have done all the evil side missions, use that like continuous electric stream thing and trust me, this makes it a piece of cake.

just continuously spam with this dodging only when he like does his forward attack and itll take a couple tries but it will make it much much easier

best of luck!

thanks zaza i dont think i would have been able to beat him without this protip the evil electric stream did the trick for me

kessler is so Ez even on hard, u just have to keep dodging, if u C him charging the beam, dodge 4 times then spam bolt on him, if u C him teleporting fast torward u wait till hes kinda close then dodge, then jump and hover over the thing of the ground, if he shoots granades shoot them asap because they take space where u might need to dodge 2, and thats all. when he summons the bots kill them asap and then finish him.

best of luck!

Thank you! After reading this tip it only took me few more tries to find the pattern and then Cole finally defeated him.

Was really getting frustrated with the Megawatt Hammer (which had worked so nicely on Medium and as hero), which needs "reloading". whereas the stream is always available!

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a fairly easy fight, you really only need to dodge the move he uses up close (the wind thing). Just hug the center part (the mini-hill), and whenever he uses his powerful beams, it acts like a natural shield. As he's using the 3rd or 4th blast (whichever phase you're on), run up to the top and just hammer him until he recovers.

You can also get a few good shots in when he uses the earthquake move. You just have to be quick about it.

• 1 month later...

best of luck!

This really does make Kessler pathetic!