Is Kessler in Hard Mode Hard?

leowtyx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His attack pattern on Hard is exactly the same, although the attacks do more damage. But if you can dodge them on Normal, you won't have too much trouble on Hard.

I had more trouble with Kessler on normal because I was still getting accustomed to his pattern. When I fought him on Hard, it was kind of... easy, almost?

His attack pattern on Hard is exactly the same, although the attacks do more damage. But if you can dodge them on Normal, you won't have too much trouble on Hard.

I had more trouble with Kessler on normal because I was still getting accustomed to his pattern. When I fought him on Hard, it was kind of... easy, almost?

I agree. When I fought him on easy, I didn't even really try to learn his attacks, I just took an aggressive style and beat him that way, so when I played him on hard, I had to actually take the time to learn the attacks then since he does much more damage. Same routine though as on easy. :)

His patterns were an 'instant know how'. Beaten him on normal in 1 go, all you really have to do is dodge and attack. (Like, eh, the whole game.) On hard I died a few times though.. If you get smacked down, and he does that AoE attack and Cole doesn't get up fast enough, ugh. He only seemed to do more damage. (Also, his clones are a 1 hit apparently.)

Compared to the rest of the game I found him pretty tough to beat (took me well over an hour). Like others, I had to actually learn the fight because I just muscled through it on Medium the first time.

The one nice thing that will help put your mind at ease... there are 2 cut scenes during the fight (at 65-75% health / again at 25-30% health) and you start from these points if you die after reaching them.

What kept messing me up were those giant apparition things. They only take one shot to kill but you need to jump the earthquake and if one got to me then I'd die (every single time one touched me and flashed its ugly mug on my screen, I was dead when it went away). Everything else about the fight I found easy - it just took me a while because things would be going well and then he'd spam that earthquake/apparition move 3 times in a row (I kept thinking that maybe my distance to him would probably impact what move he does but couldn't tell for sure).

Last thing to mention, after you win there's a scene. Then there's credits and I think another scene. Then a "Congratulations" screen. Then you get your "500xp Karma unchanged blah blah". Only after all that do you get your trophies. I got my "Good Finish" and then after a very, very, very long 10-15 seconds (and a near heart attack while wondering "Did something mess up?!? Will I have to do this fight again?!? ...the whole game even?!?") you get the "Hard Finish" trophy.

I just recently got the game and played it on Hard straight away so I could breeze through any other trophies on my second playthrough, I did find Kessler hard at first until I went grenade crazy on him, it takes off a helluva lot more health and you should beat him in no time.

I am just entering the Warren district on my hard play through and don't seem to notice a big change from easy to hard. I like the tip about going grenade crazy on Kessler though. I will keep that in mind when I fight him. I have been using my special moves a lot more on hard mode now that I am familiar with the game after just spamming the normal attack pretty much all through easy. It seems to make it much easier.

You have to wait til he crouches or sumfink and then you can attack(without him dodging you) is what i noticed.. grenade spam ftw.

i didnt wait till he crouched, he only crouch a few times and i always had to re load on power then lol, i just kept smamming him with grenades and then regained electricity when he fired lasers, then continued smamming him with grenades worked very well for me.

i didnt wait till he crouched, he only crouch a few times and i always had to re load on power then lol, i just kept smamming him with grenades and then regained electricity when he fired lasers, then continued smamming him with grenades worked very well for me.

Yeah that was what i noticed on my easy playthrough, on hard tho i used your technique you mentioned above and worked a treat nice 1 lol.

i just got past the medium Kessler i only had hard time cause of the dumb flying grenade throwers is there any easier way to take care of the flying grenade throwers besides precision? and when needed to heal couldn't head right to drain point

the earthquake thing was easy I just static thruster over...

about to start on Hard with evil

Edited by gtasthehunter

• 2 months later...

I found him "hard" in that I never bothered to learn his attack pattern. Then when I finally did learn, he was pretty easy. EXCEPT when I played him after the second cut scene he wouldn't do his 3 attacks then go down. I kept hopping around, standing about, doing whatever I could think of, and he wouldn't do the attack. Finally I got one playthrough where it seems that's all he did.

Alright, cause his lightning attack really aims at your 0.5 second ago's location. Just strife will work.

Strifing wont work like 90% of the times. i also had his aiming was way of while running circles. but usually he will get you, better be safe and roll.

Personally im trying with arc lighting at the moment to get his HP down.

Waiting for him to kneel down takes long and you get only 1 shot. Grenade and Megawatt hammer are too slow for me. before grenades explode he is long gone (and playing on evil so the fragmented stuff doesnt do that much dmg and doesnt stick).

It is hard in the sense of no errors allowed. you can take 1 hit from him, but because of knockdown you are often in a bad position that he will just get you again

Good or evil it is very very easy.

You will soon learn his attack patterns, your best tool is your dodge using that you can get out of the way of everything. When he uses his big red fire ball attack thingy he slumps down. That is when you attack him with all you have got.

Remember to take out the big white guys that appear and to glide over his shockwave attack. There is no need to run away from him just keep your distance otherwise he runs towards you very quickly and you can't dodge him.

He will repeat the same attacks over and over. Don't worry if you die you'll hit checkpoints throughout the boss which make it even easier.

Considering it is on hard and he is the last boss he is a walk in the park.

Good luck.

If you're good spam Megawatt Hammer and use the regular lightning bolt to recharge and damage him a bit, if you're evil the best move is Arc Lightning. Not only does it eat his health quickly, if you have it fully upgraded it branches out making short work of his clones. So basically if you're not dodging or recharging spam the move from your karma path and the fight is pretty easy even on Hard mode.

Finally beat him yesterday. I kept trying the grenade method, but he was always on the move and rarely got hit. I tried to rig it so I could throw 3-4 grenades at him and then run "out of bounds", in which case he grabs you and throws you back into the middle of the fight area. While he is throwing you, the grenades blow up and he cant move. Worked ok, but not real efficient.

Finally in desperation I tried the megawatt hammer, and much to my surprise he became way easier then. Just roll/flip/strafe out of the way, and once he kneels down, spam megawatt hammers as fast as you can... Once he gets up, back off, recharge, and wash, rinse, repeat. After probably 1:15 minutes of trying with grenades and never even getting to the first cut scene, i took him all the way out in about 20 minutes once I tried the megawatt hammer.