XP trick

samd5001

I'm not sure if someone has said this before, if it has ignore this. Yesterday when I was going for the inFamous platinum the one trophy I needed was all negative karma upgrades but I didn't have enough xp. I thought of a trick to get a lot of enemies without searching for them. Instead of running around the city looking for enemies do any mission that has you fight a lot of enemies and kill yourself before you defeat them all. By doing this the game will reload your last checkpoint with all the xp you have gained and spawn the same enemies to fight again. This can help on hard playthroughs when you don't always have enough xp to upgrade your abilities.

btw If I made any spelling errors blame my terrible speed typing :rolleyes:

I'll try to do that... It's good that is even an option for doing that, unlike other games like "god of war" that if you failed in a mission the points doesnt count and in the end you need to repeat the entire game for getting one trophy.....

Edited post, may contain minor spoilers:

Well, I tried to find a good area to farm experience mid-mission, but alas, I didn't really find one.

The prison level offered a fair assortment of enemies, however the payout was quite slow.

So, after making my way over to the Historic District, I continued to look for prime opportunities.

During the main mission of destroying the three jammers while you are riding on the helicopter, the last second has two conduits worth around 53 experience each.

During the side mission of protecting another hospital supply bus, there are couple of conduits that attack at once toward the end of the mission for about 53 experience each.

Both areas seemed like the best choices for experience farming, but they also seemed negligible at best, and I didn't want to waste extra time farming experience only to find the final mission overshoots my required experience.

Side missions are 100 experience, with normal enemies and bots in Historic District paying out 10 experience each. Usually netting 200-250 experience at the end of the side mission.

Anyway, after trying to shortly farm a few areas (mostly rushing), it seems that if you only get the experience upgrades that are karma specific, you should be mostly right on target. I was 2,000 experience short at the end of the game.

Experience reward for final battle:

[spoiler=rd1]500 experience

Finally, when you die and get reverted back to a checkpoint, your EXPERIENCE will stay the same, but your KARMA will revert back to it's previous state as well.

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

• 1 year later...

Well if anyone is having the same trouble here like me .. i found after the game is beaten at the prison section of the game about 10 of those little spiders spawn there along with about 5 or 6 enemies if you go in the tunnel with all these messed up cars.. anyway because of one of the stunts if you melee 5 spiders within 30 seconds you get 50 xp and theres 10 that spawn so get all of them plus the other guys in the tunnel thats about 250 to 300 xp for every time you do it idk if you need alot of xo but 250 a pop you could get quite a bit in say an hour or even 30 mins

Hope this helps anybody

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so stupid to have to grind for XP. I didn't know you got less XP in hard mode. I've already done almost everything and have to keep killing myself during a mission that has two conduits. Kill'em, suicide, repeat. It takes forever. Between the grind and the shard crap, I really don't like this game anymore.

This is so stupid to have to grind for XP. I didn't know you got less XP in hard mode. I've already done almost everything and have to keep killing myself during a mission that has two conduits. Kill'em, suicide, repeat. It takes forever. Between the grind and the shard crap, I really don't like this game anymore.

I understand you there. It was a fun game, but it was very long for a non-RPG game. I liked the story line, but towards the end I was hoping that it would be over soon. Games shouldn't be like that.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Somehow I got the trophy for all good upgrades but still needed the last two for thunder drop. Was hoping you only needed all the powers and not completely upgrade each one but I guess you do.

Wanted to just do story missions on my hard playthrough but it sounds like I'll need to do everything plus some grinding. =\