Avoid buying PSN version

Lizbeth

I bough PSN version yesterday. And I noticed the following:

1. Only my account can play it. I tried playing from guest, as I always do with a new games, then I checked it with my GF account, the game was locked for both of them.

2. I cannot play it if there is no connection to PSN (including maintenance like now). Probably also I cannot play if there is no internet (which sucks as I like carry my PS and play everywhere).

I checked my GF Child of Light and it is not locked.. so..

Honestly, I'm shocked with Sucker Punch dick move. I cannot play because it cannot check for some damn license, and no, this [beep] cannot remember that I played this game yesterday, it cannot store the license on PS4 and well, I have no words.

F- you, Sucker Punch.

I bough PSN version yesterday. And I noticed the following:

1. Only my account can play it. I tried playing from guest, as I always do with a new games, then I checked it with my GF account, the game was locked for both of them.

2. I cannot play it if there is no connection to PSN (including maintenance like now). Probably also I cannot play if there is no internet (which sucks as I like carry my PS and play everywhere).

1 - well, some studios do it the right way, not allowing freeloaders to play on one PS4, otherwise it would work like those who also like to share accounts, etc. etc. the account ID who bought the game (or children accounts) - can play the game, period.

(i do not exclude though if some developers allow a little bit more, but i would say as an exception)

2 - not true at all, game plays just fine even with my cable plugged out of my PS4

It sounds like you don't have your PS4 It sounds like you don't have your PS4 activated as the primary system for your account.
Oh, cool. So I have to go home to play my game? Honestly when I said that I like to move my PS around I never said that I like dragging it everywhere "just in case there is PSN issues".

About freeloaders: There are disk based games, who can be resold and in theory all the world population can play from one disk.

About freeloaders: There are disk based games, who can be resold and in theory all the world population can play from one disk.

sure, but you also pay for the media itself when you buy a copy.

theoretically if you buy a sweater the whole world population can wear it and pass it around as well (if they have your size) so that's not an argument at all.

what i'm trying to say is that if you buy a digital game and don't have any children accounts (family accounts, etc.) linked to it (you can download it on every console in the world theoretically if yo log in) why the heck the other person should be able to play it without paying? really why? to me that's a definition of a freeloader (btw, i'm not saying that it is bad or good, i'm just saying that it is)

I buy all digital. This won't be changing for something so small, which is likely to not even effect me at all anyway.

besides it is available only in digital, right

(for now and only in some regions but avoid buying, give me a break)

If youre not playing on a PS4 activated as your main for your account than ye you need to be logged in for the game to know it is you, otherwise you could just download this game on 700 PS4s ahound the world and let whoever own those PS4s play the game. I believe you can activate 2 PS4s tough, it used to be this way for PS3 (I had my own and my brothers activated) but since my brother hasnt bought a PS4 yet I never checked if I could activate his PS4 for my acc as well.

I'll just get the retail copy tbh. Wasn't planning on going digital on the PS4. Never have, never will. Always preferred having things retail.

Have fun waiting for the possible (unlikely) release of a retail version... It's a PSN game, even if they release it in some sort of collection it will likely be a voucher (like Festival of Blood was in the inFAMOUS collection).

I prefer retail copies too, but there are some cases where it isn't an option, this is one of those.

This happened to me when I first played, because I download all my games on a separate account.

Try:

- restart ps4, sometimes works

- sign in on the account that payed for it and make sure it is the primary account on the ps4

- start the app on the account that owns it and switch to your account and it might work (worked for me)

Have fun waiting for the possible (unlikely) release of a retail version... It's a PSN game, even if they release it in some sort of collection it will likely be a voucher (like Festival of Blood was in the inFAMOUS collection).

I prefer retail copies too, but there are some cases where it isn't an option, this is one of those.

here comes a retail copy: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-inFAMOUS-First-Light-PS4/dp/B00KJFDN14/ref=zg_bs_2574539031_16]inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games[/ame]

everything is possible and more than likely

As I mentioned before, I played the game from the same account that bought it. I see no sane reason to forbid this account to store this-game-is-signed-for-this-account offline. Protection from piracy-freeloaders-etc that hinders fair players sucks. Especially when there is a disk based loophole here.

Even then I'm disappointed as I prefer to test games first, then to play them on my account. Oh well, at least I got an experience. Retail >> PSN.

Btw Russia will have physical release too.