inFamous: Festival of Blood

Worth the money?

• 1 month later...

What bout for someone like me? I loved the original, but have yet to play 2. Are the controls and general gameplay the same, or do I have to learn all new stuff?

$4.89 is not a bad price for a 2 to 3 hour game (read somewhere that was the approximate length), but I see a couple threads saying bad things about the game, so I am still unsure.

Will it make less sense or something if i don't pat Infamous 2 first?

What bout for someone like me? I loved the original, but have yet to play 2. Are the controls and general gameplay the same, or do I have to learn all new stuff?

$4.89 is not a bad price for a 2 to 3 hour game (read somewhere that was the approximate length), but I see a couple threads saying bad things about the game, so I am still unsure.

Will it make less sense or something if i don't pat Infamous 2 first?

I've only played the first myself and from my understanding, the events of Festival are totally independent of the second inFamous, except for the fact it's set in the same city. I personally don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, though I am more excited to play inFamous 2 now.

I believe the controls are the same, though I'm playing with a Move controller (not required), which takes a bit getting used to. Regardless, there are some new abilities but even using a Move instead of a DS I'm having no problem adapting.

I think the negative threads on this game are mostly in regard to the amount of content for the original price of $10. For my money, this is a very nicely put together PSN game with excellent graphics, new enemy types, interesting and colorful (though dark) setting, and fun new gameplay elements.

• 3 weeks later...
I had same questions, but when I saw it discounted to $6.99, i jumped on it.

After 2 days of playing, yes it's worth it. Same offensive powers, with added radar and flight. If loved 1, you'll love this. Is it worth $10. I've spent $10 on crummier things.

This is good to know! I've been thinking about picking this up but didn't know for sure, as I haven't played inFAMOUS 2 yet either. But if this is completely independent of the second game, I'll most likely get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought Festival of Blood on one of the PS+ sales - I think I paid $2.50 - and it was worth that price. Not much more than that though. I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the full Infamous games (both of which I loved and achieved platinum on). This one...didn't like the plot, wasn't real crazy about the enemies, etc. Seemed more tedious than fun.

Easy 100% though, if that's your aim.

Tabe