IL-2 Weapon collector trophy bugged after Patch!!

xBino

Hey all,

I can confirm the Weapon Collector Trophy is bugged and does not unlock post patch for PS3. I just unlocked the B-17 along with Bird Fan trophy. Upon finishing the last set of unlocks for this bomber, no weapon collector pops up.

I scan in my hangar and no planes have grey padlocks, all loadouts are unlocked but no trophy.

What a bummer. Such a time investment for that silly thing... :(

Hey all,

I can confirm the Weapon Collector Trophy is bugged and does not unlock post patch for PS3. I just unlocked the B-17 along with Bird Fan trophy. Upon finishing the last set of unlocks for this bomber, no weapon collector pops up.

I scan in my hangar and no planes have grey padlocks, all loadouts are unlocked but no trophy.

What a bummer. Such a time investment for that silly thing... :(

Nope, it is not bugged I got the Trophy after the patch. There is a new list to follow.

After you unlock the B-17 you have to do 15 missions in strike and win.

The B-17 got me as well, once I went back and did the strike missions it unlocked the bombs and I received the trophy.

If I am not mistaken I think it shows as unlocked but had to do the 15 strike missions.

I think it is 15, maybe 30 just check the new list on this site.

I have at least 30+ wins with the bomber on strike. I got my 2x2000lb bombs after 15 wins in strike on the bomber, and for fun I went online and raised all hell with the 3 new unlocks for the B17.

Is there a 4th loadout i'm missing that is not shown?

let me reiterate, when i go to my hanger, every single plane has all loadouts unlocked. meaning, no greypadlocks on any loadouts, including the last plane to unlock, the B17G

Edited by xBino

Here is the link to the original list and new updated list.

PS3 Trophies Xbox Achievements & Plane Unlock List - Official 1C Company forum

Scroll about 3rd of the way until the while original laod out image until you see the following:

"This is the new unlock list after the title update comes which is still TBA"

This is the new unlock list.

I had the same issue and either the load out for the bomber did not show in the plane load out or it showed it unlocked, cannot remember which. I thought the same thing and just verified everything and the last plane I unlocked was the B-17 and just started to do another 15 strike missions and the Trophy unlocked at about 7 wins.

Yours may be different, not sure, but that was my case and it does indeed unlock.

ChunkyPython, did you do all the weapon unlocks after the patch? Or had you already done some before the patch and just finished up once the patch got released? :think:

Like said before, there is a problem somewhere with the "Weapon Collector" trophy. It doesn't unlock when it's supposed to.

Catscan93 was experiencing (and still is as far as I know) the same problem. I didn't want to post anything about the trophy being glitched yet, before doing some tests.

There were 2 anomalies,

• the first one was that one of the loadouts of the IL-10 appeared twice (2 x 100kg bombs, 4 x RS-82). But it's probably just a typo.
  • the second one was the B-17. The unlock list given to us by the developers states that the 2x2000 lb bombs unlock after fifteen wins. While it actually unlocks right after you unlock the B-17 aircraft.

I suggested to Catscan93 that he should try and win some more matches with the B-17 a while ago, but haven't heared anything yet. It would be cool if that fixes the problem :cool: but it was a pure guess.

If it's a problem with the B-17 and that you just need to win a few more matches, then the problem might have been present pre-patch as well. The B-17 is just so powerful that most people probably, including me, played a lot of missions with it, just for fun.

I really hope it works though, because the developers have pretty much abandoned their game. So the chances that they would release a patch to fix this is very slim. :pout:

Edited by Aruberikku

Not sure how many if any before or after the patch.

"the second one was the B-17. The unlock list given to us by the developers states that the 2x2000 lb bombs unlock after fifteen wins. While it actually unlocks right after you unlock the B-17 aircraft."

This is the one that got me. It showed unlocked but never gave me the trophy as it was the last one to do..

I went back and started doing the B-17 Strike win missions and after about 7 missions the Trophy unlocked.

I really hope you get that trophy as all of the online ones were a bitch to get.

*feels very confident and relived to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this*

I haven't tried the extra b-17 wins yet, going to try that after I've got the comerade in arms trophy, will post back when I've tried (and hopefully got the trophy).

I have the EXACT same problem as you, xBino, so you're not alone, I'll post any help I can if I get the trophy (will be at work tomorrow so I'll only be able to try later on).

Edited by Catscan93

FINALLY, the weapon collector trophy popped. I had to get an about 5 strike wins after the last registered unlock, once I did it told me I had unlocked 9x1000lb bombs and the trophy came up (might want to add that as a glitch trophy or a note on the weapon collector description).

Just do a few strike b17 wins and it should unlock for you XBino

FINALLY, the weapon collector trophy popped. I had to get an about 5 strike wins after the last registered unlock, once I did it told me I had unlocked 9x1000lb bombs and the trophy came up (might want to add that as a glitch trophy or a note on the weapon collector description).

Just do a few strike b17 wins and it should unlock for you XBino

9x1000lb bombs? o.O Or did you mean 8x?

So that loadout actually popped up twice? Once when you unlock the B-17 itself and once after 15 or so wins?

Anyway, glad to hear it worked out.

I'll add a note about this in the trophy guide, so that others know what to do.

9x1000lb bombs? o.O Or did you mean 8x?

So that loadout actually popped up twice? Once when you unlock the B-17 itself and once after 15 or so wins?

Anyway, glad to hear it worked out.

I'll add a note about this in the trophy guide, so that others know what to do.

Yes, I meant 8 x 1000lb >.<

It only popped once, but I guess part of the game must've thought because the default loadout was 8x1000lb, I wouldn't need to unlock it to get all the loadouts.

Almost got the platinum now, just grinding the last CTA wins.

I've got to say you've been incredibly helpful, you've stuck with every question I've answered and gave detailed and immensely helpful tips, Thankyou so much!

Yes, I meant 8 x 1000lb >.<

It only popped once, but I guess part of the game must've thought because the default loadout was 8x1000lb, I wouldn't need to unlock it to get all the loadouts.

Almost got the platinum now, just grinding the last CTA wins.

I've got to say you've been incredibly helpful, you've stuck with every question I've answered and gave detailed and immensely helpful tips, Thankyou so much!

No problem :)

I loved the old IL-2 games on PC, so I wanted to do something in return when BoP came out. :p

And pre-gratz on the platinum :D

word, weapon collector unlocked for me as well.

I cant say how many strike games I played since i pretty much gave up on it to work on test pilot and other online win trophies.

let's called it glitched but not unatainable. it's good for others to know all you need to do is keep grinding online for it to unlock.

platinum is mine! yay! :applause:

thanks to chunky for the confirmation and to Aruberikku for the awesome level of response and help in this board. much obliged!

Edited by xBino
spelling errors

• 1 year later...

Sorry to post on such an old thread. I'm worried about putting a lot of time in to getting all of the trophies if there may be some glitching. Reading the trophy guide (thanks to Aruberikku) there was a suggestion that the fact one of the loadouts for the IL 10 is repeated, may be causing problems with the weapon collector trophy. Is this the case? or should I unlock everything and then further win strikes with b17 to unlock 8 1000lb bombs again?

Sorry to post on such an old thread. I'm worried about putting a lot of time in to getting all of the trophies if there may be some glitching. Reading the trophy guide (thanks to Aruberikku) there was a suggestion that the fact one of the loadouts for the IL 10 is repeated, may be causing problems with the weapon collector trophy. Is this the case? or should I unlock everything and then further win strikes with b17 to unlock 8 1000lb bombs again?

The repeated loadout for the IL-10 wasn't causing the problem, that was just a typo on the list the developers gave us. :rolleyes:

It's the B-17 that's causing this trophy to be glitched. You should see that as soon as you unlock the B-17 itself, the game will tell you that you've also unlocked the 8 x 1000 lb bombs. At that time you should be able to use the bombs, but they won't count as being unlocked for the trophy. In order to do that, you will need to win a total of 15 strike matches with the B-17.

Hope it helps.