So I managed to get every trophy in this game, the max out your stamina, get all the fruits in the Secret Garden, etc., except the collect all hard mode time attack items. It sounds easy, but there's one a-hole that is blocking my path to this trophy: Gaius, AKA the 3rd Colossus. This guy is impossible to beat in five minutes on hard mode! I've watched and read every guide imaginable, using the jump to his belt strategy, but even then, he flails around like he's got the world's longest seizure! When I do finally beat his stomach in a decent enough time, it's always floundered when I have to go for his head and arm. I have not been this p***ed off in a game ever, and I had to go through the Mortal Kombat Platinum. I officially quit this game, for the sake of my mental health, and moving on to other less frustrating games that don't have me screaming like an idiot...How about Demon's Souls? xD

Gaius, AKA the 3rd Colossus. This guy is impossible to beat in five minutes on hard mode! I've watched and read every guide imaginable, using the jump to his belt strategy, but even then, he flails around like he's got the world's longest seizure! When I do finally beat his stomach in a decent enough time, it's always floundered when I have to go for his head and arm.

It looks like you are having the same problem I was having.

Did you try my strategy?

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ico-collection-shadow-colossus/135999-beat-hta-3-some-advice-those-struggling-7.html#post2620641

• 2 weeks later...

Granted, Gaius IS a huge bastard (i, myself barely defeated him after countless tries with less than 1 second left), but it is possible. Don't know tho what the developers were thinking tho... With the regular method it is indeed impossible.

• 6 months later...
Granted, Gaius IS a huge bastard (i, myself barely defeated him after countless tries with less than 1 second left), but it is possible. Don't know tho what the developers were thinking tho... With the regular method it is indeed impossible.

This is what pisses me off, every other time attack is pretty possible with the normal and obvious methods. Even after falling you probably will have time to make it

#3 is plain horseshit, even with the sword jump which is a ridiculous shortcut you're so short on time because of the 3 sigils and his non-stop shaking. He is so far above the other colossus HTA in terms of difficulty, it makes no sense :wall:

The fight starts and the colossus is right next the rounded stone, that means you have to lure him AWAY from the stone a good distance, otherwise he will try to stomp you. I'm guessing it's at the very least a minute to get the bracelet broken. You'd reach his head at 2mins maybe, that leaves 3 mins to pull off 13 full stabs :eek:, way unlikely

I finally beat him a few minutes ago, had 1.40 seconds left, was sure my stab wouldn't finish him off or wander would stumble but the slow-mo kicked in, boom!:dance:

There's one run everything was going wonderful, had a full 2 mins for his stomach, NOPE, I got 2 stabs in maybe and furiously restarted

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...