What is this, some kind of goddamn joke?

All right. I know I started another thread, but fuck this game. Seriously fuck this game, fuck everyone involved. Last Guardian is clearly vaporware anyway so these people can fuck off and die for all I care.

I truly used to love this game. I'd probably have had it in my top 10 from 2005 to 2010 or so, maybe later. And yeah, I beat it back in the day (quite easily at that).

But now? I'm really starting to hate it.

Why? Because Colossus 15 will literally not stop shaking. As soon as I mount this fucker's head, he thrashes -- without ceasing for a single second -- until my grip is gone. I've managed to get a couple of baby stabs in there, but not even the vaunted 'lock on' technique does sweet fuck all.

I can't even go to his fucking shoulder to rest. He just stands there and thrashes until I'm done. It's quicker to jump off and start again, but it is tedious.

It's unusual for one thing in a game to really put me off like this. Normally there has to be a ton of shit wrong for me to get angry, but that's how goddamn frustrating this fight is. I've been at it forever and I have so little to show for it. I understand that this fight should last longer than 30 seconds, but this is ridiculous.

I very, very rarely rage quit a game, but I'm pretty close now. I guess it's because this game is otherwise so excellent. How can they get so much of it so very right, then shit the bed on the fundamentals? Ridiculous.

Anyway. Rant over.

I will add this though: trophies in this game?

Fuck. That.

I know how u feel I've been battling through these time attacks the last couple of days and they do test your patience big time especially #15 and #3. The thing I found with #15 was when u first jump on his head as soon as u land u have the chance of a perfect grip if u can hit R1 and square fast enough and then get 3 or 4 fully charged stabs in without him shaking, if not and u have to drop down to his shoulder to rest it was much harder to get back up to his head without him shaking all the time

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who found 15 more infuriating than 3. I also never really had much success resting on his shoulder. He thrashes around so much that pretty much every bit of stamina I gained back, I'd lose again just as quickly just hanging onto the shoulder to not fall off. Either that, or I actually would fall off. I found some of the tips in this thread very helpful, though not all.

Other than that, just keep at it. I spent probably 5 or 6 hours on HTA 15 without feeling like I was even getting close. At least with #3 I had attempts, once I got the sword jump down, where I was just 10 or 20 seconds over the target time. #15 I could scarcely even beat in 20 min. Then one time, completely out of the blue, it worked. Can't really even say that I did anything differently, just luck I guess.

I didn't play the game on PS2, but I only really started enjoying it after finishing the time attacks. Then all the stress clears and you suddenly start looking around (while collecting lizards or whatever) and seeing how cool the world, atmosphere, and story really are.

• 2 weeks later...