HTA #3: I wish I would have known...(Awesome Tips)

I spent 7 hours STRAIGHT last night until I beat that mother f'er. Here is what I wish I would have known and I would have shaved off about 3-4 hours!

1. Regarding the jump from the sword to his arm band:

- Position yourself as much in the middle of the width of the sword as possible.

- Be a little ways back from where the sword has a crack and squat down using R1.

- HUGE: Once he lifts the sword you will lose your balance, once you regain your balance release R1 and start running forward (by just pushing the joystick forward as normal).

- After only a second or two of running forward push and hold triangle for a second and you will jump onto his arm band.

By doing this I made it on his arm band 7 times out of 10 (it takes practice but once you get it, you will make it more often than not)

2. Thanks to a GREAT post from here I learned that if you HOLD DOWN SQUARE when Wander is charging a full stab, IT MAKES THE STAB SO MUCH F'ING QUICKER!!! This will allow you to get your stabs in.

The rest of the stuff I learned from watching videos, but had I known the stuff above, it would have been so much faster!

1. Good tip from videos, REST on his right shoulder as he walks, once he stops walking he will start the animation for the right arm shake. This is your chance to get stabs in on the left tricep, stomach, or head. You have to start the right arm shake by sitting on his shoulder before each body part stab attempt.

GOOD LUCK!!

Edited by DeputyVinny

• 4 weeks later...
- Be a little ways back from where the sword has a crack and squat down using R1.

Thanks for the tips, this definitely helped getting that initial jump down. I had the most success positioning myself a bit further down the sword, just about 6 feet or so from where it meets the ground. When the sword gets lifted, stay crouching until it's angled so that you're facing downhill...this is when you make your move. At least, that's what worked best for me.

For me, by far the hardest part was getting him to initiate the arm shake and then jumping to his waist to stab his belly, though. I screwed that up so many times, and can't say what I did differently on the few times I pulled it off successfully. Sometimes I couldn't even get him to initiate the shake. When I did, usually either Wander was too busy doing quadruple somersaults on the bracelet to take advantage of it, or else the camera would freak out and just give me a super close up of some arm hairs or something.

In the end I probably only spent about 4 hours on it. I ended up with a pretty good time, about 45 seconds to spare. I think that was a lot more luck than skill, though. If I had to do it again, I expect it would take me just as long.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Took me an hour to beat him, with 1.39 seconds left.

I jumped from the sword to the stomach, then climbed straight up the arm and then got the sigil on his left arm. Then went for the head and then the stomach. I always made him shake his arm before moving to one of the sigils.

• 4 months later...

Big fan of the tip in here that holding down square fills the stab meter quicker.

There's a pattern you can follow in this one to give yourself maximum time to go stabbing:

Sit on his right shoulder. He'll take a few steps then stop. When he stops, go to wherever you have to to stab. When his head starts coming back up, go back to the shoulder, rinse, repeat. Only other thing I did was I used the sword jump, I found it a lot easier to do than jump to his knee and back on to the arm. I could get on his chest sometimes even if I was lucky.

• 2 years later...

This guy probably took me a solid 2 hours, maybe 3.

I ended up learning the sword jump and could do it fairly consistently. Then up to the head, 2 cycles. Then arm, then stomach.

It wasn't as bad as I envisaged. I think this was more due to really studying the YouTube clips to understand the strategy. Then it was really just executing the sword jump and understanding the right shoulder trick. Still.... not easy!

4m40s. Talk about an increased heart rate at the end! boy oh boy.