XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
atomskazePR

Angry Patch needed

I know playing Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 may be the first time for many people. For others like me, it isn't. For others like me, we took that game and ripped it apart. We did everything that could be done on that game. I know, too, that the PS3 version is seriously broken; the game has become extremely hard and it's not as fun as it was on the PS3 version.

I believe we deserve a patch for this game. I'm not discussing the idea of a patch coming out or not. I want to share with you guys my belief that this game is way harder that the original... the original had many hard parts, I know, but everything seemed possible. I don't believe on earning trophies or proving supremacy on a game based on luck. I remember losing grip on a colossus, but I don't remember losing it for every minor movement.

I haven't killed Gaius on the hard time attack, and that's the only thing keeping me from earning the platinum trophy on this game; but even before I got to that part, I could notice how the game mechanics were way worse than what I remember on the original version...

That's why I believe this game deserves a patch; a patch to make the game go back the way it was. I was amazed when I heard about the HD collection was in the works, but I am deeply disappointed with the changes... I preferred that the game was not HD and still was as play-able as the original.

What are your opinions?

Currently playing: Destiny, FIFA 15
Currently working on: FIFA 15, Destiny
Hiatus: Bioshock 2, Don't Starve
Last platinum earned: The Last of Us Remastered

Last edited by atomskazePR; 01-01-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Mispell
atomskazePR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
LaochEire

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I had the original and HD remake. PS3 version was more difficult due to smoother FPS (which is something the developer didn't envisage), but PS3 version never broke me.

Patch...maybe. Few slight problems like fruit through floor, etc.

Not the most difficult plat. I know Gaius is hard, but he is very beatable. I've done it numerous times.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
Zyzxx

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

The game does seem more glitchy than it's PS2 counterpart, but it's still doable.

The losing grip for no reason issue pisses me off too, but what bothers me more is having to search for these Forbidden Fruit in order to get the "Cornucopia" -_-...

My Trophy Cards...My thoughts...Other gaming info...
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Zyzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

There are definitely times when something seems utterly impossible compared to its PS2 counterpart, and even Hard compared to Normal (HTA vs NTA) some of the comparisons are ridiculous (in regards to PS2 counterpart). I've become so frustrated with HTA that I'm on hiatus and will probably leave Meticulous Collector as the last trophy until platinum.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
ToxicRequiem

Send a message via AIM to ToxicRequiem Send a message via MSN to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Yahoo to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Skype™ to ToxicRequiem

I've completely finished the PS2 version...several times over the years...I really don't see much difference at all in the two versions...If it is harder, well maybe you should just get better at games and stop complaining. These days, games hold you by the hand through the entire friggin thing and I am sick of that, which is why I really hate most games.
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
StarFoxMania

I hear ya man. Castlevania Lords of Shadow ripped this game off to the point of blatant plagiarism in the titan's fights, but it controlled a hell of a lot better than this game. And you got a sound hint before the titan started shaking. It was a very short time window but it worked fine, in the sense of giving you a fair fight. its time attacks were challenging but the titan (colossus) ALWAYS behaved consistently, something unfortunately i cannot say for the remake of this game. Now why couldn't blue point fine tune this game like that?

favorite 100%s achieved: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Brain Challenge, Dead Nation, Far Cry 2, Gran Turismo 5, ICO & SotC, Killzone 2, Mirror's Edge, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Pixel Junk Eden, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Sonic Unleashed, Spec Ops the Line, Street Fighter 4, Virtua Tennis 2009, Warhawk, Wet, Wipeout HD. PS Vita: Hot Shots Golf World Invitational, Muramasa Rebirth, Wipeout 2048, Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward.
StarFoxMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
dmsdq

I think it's more a matter of how easy games have gotten lately. It's not that it's impossible (definitely not broken), but when games like Assassin's Creed II have you pretty much tripping over trophies to hand you the Platinum, this one requires more effort. (Assassin's Creed has definitely changed that policy with the 100% synch, but that's besides the point. =P)

I mean, as the guy above me says: a game like Castlevania: LoS gives you extra warnings to when things will get more challenging. It becomes more reflex than gameplay.

I haven't gotten the Plat for this yet, but I will sit down ... get frustrated ... and eventually beat it. And still love every freaking second of it. =)

Plat:

Playing Now: Vita - Tearaway/Rayman Origins
PS3 - Puppeteer/Jeopardy
PS4 - Knack/Flower
3DS - Zelda: LBW
dmsdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Mischaflix

Yeah, I have to agree that the game isn't broken. Harder, perhaps.

But consider this: now that we live in the age of Youtube, we have a lot more easily accessible help for how to beat the hardest of the HTA. We have multiple different people's successful runs to study and learn from. On balance, I think the added challenge may be appropriate (though I am just taking everyone's word for it that it's actually harder... it's been too long since I played my PS2 copy for me to tell).

After finally beating #15 and #3 on HTA and getting the platinum, I felt like I had honed some advanced skill. Now I feel like it wouldn't be too crazy for me to take on Demon/Dark Souls after all. I think it's good that there are some games that truly make you sweat for your platinum.
Mischaflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Shinta07

It's definitely more difficult, even on normal mode. It's not broken though. It is possible to do as is obvious by the number of people with the trophy. I am probably closer to the bottom of the list of players in terms of skills but I was able to do it with enough study, practice, and patience. It just takes more patience than most want to put into it. It's a very rewarding platinum though. I felt like I actually accomplished something.

Shinta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
Dragon_strider

Maybe the key to enjoying this remake was to never have played the original. This was my first time playing SotC and I found the whole experience including the difficulty very rewarding and enjoyable.