Is there a way to turn this stressfull music off???

God it's getting on my nerves. I didn't see the option anywhere. I hate this movie like music! I know I could turn the main sound off but I wanna hear the sounds effects and stuff. HTA is already stressfull as it is without the need of music to amplify it.

I kinda want to punch you in the face at the moment...

Shadow of the Colossus has like one of the best video game soundtracks of all time!

There is no way to turn only the music off! :)

I wish they had included the soundtrack with this release, but it would probably only have been in low MP3 quality anyways. Not too hard to get it in lossless quality.

Edited by MMDE

Pleaaaaase read the entire post! I said I know I could turn the main volume down BUT I'd like to hear the sound effects. Thanks for answering but "I think there is" and "you could turn off your tv volume" doesn't help mush.

I were still editing my post.... Just had to get out what I had to express first.

nvm, you were probably talking to that other dude! lol

But again, I've never seen the option, and I can't say I can find it either, neither could I with a google search.

What I did find with a google search was people who were worried the sound of a trophy popping after defeating a colossus would ruin the moment! That's how much people like the soundtrack I guess.

Edited by MMDE

I kinda want to punch you in the face at the moment...

Shadow of the Colossus has like one of the best video game soundtracks of all time!

Hey, if you like classic/movie music, it's your taste. I prefer other stuff but, that's not the point. I kinda agree, in the beginning, I thought it fits the game but after 6+ playthroughs and hours of trying on HTA...it KINDA get on my nerves.

BTW, punching in the face someone just because he disagree with your tastes shows perfectly how brilliant and integrated to society you are. Bravo:applause:

Hey, if you like classic/movie music, it's your taste. I prefer other stuff but, that's not the point. I kinda agree, in the beginning, I thought it fits the game but after 6+ playthroughs and hours of trying on HTA...it KINDA get on my nerves.

BTW, punching in the face someone just because he disagree with your tastes shows perfectly how brilliant and integrated to society you are. Bravo:applause:

Take it as metaphor whatever... but I believe I did answer your question.

In any case, I don't see why you need to have on sound at all...

(and if you wonder about my music taste, I like pretty much all kinds of different types of music, with some very few exceptions that is like rap and kpop)

Edited by MMDE

I were still editing my post.... Just had to get out what I had to express first.

nvm, you were probably talking to that other dude! lol

But again, I've never seen the option, and I can't say I can find it either, neither could I with a google search.

What I did find with a google search was people who were worried the sound of a trophy popping after defeating a colossus would ruin the moment! That's how much people like the soundtrack I guess.

Well there is none indeed. That's unusual, there is almost always an option in every game. I guess I'll keep on playing with the sound off.

Take it as metaphor whatever... but I believe I did answer you question.

In any case, I don't see why you need to have on sound at all...

Well, you know, when stamina goes low and when you hit then retract the sword, the sound it makes, it helps me to be faster on the strikes...stuff like that.

No disrespect to you as i don't know how you live your life but, have you not just thought about taking a little break from the game? There is another game with the disc that you could play?

I bought this game along with FIFA 12 and while i do enjoy play SOTC and ICO i can't sit there for hours on end playing it through because i get very bored of doing the same thing over. I'll plat it eventually because i love the game but i'll take a break, read some books, go out, play other games and come back to it when i'm in a better mood.

Like i said, i'm not trying to be disrespectful to you in anyway or accuse you of playing a game waaaay to much but it bugs me these days because i always read people on here and other sites complaining about trivial things like a soundtrack, or a certain move, or cutscene or w.e and it's usually because they are hoarding the crap out of a game for a bloody trophy. Don't get me wrong i love collecting them and i find that it makes me play a game more than i probably would have in the past but i don't let them ruin my enjoyment and it kinda sounds like these ones are ruining yours.

:think:

No disrespect to you as i don't know how you live your life but, have you not just thought about taking a little break from the game? There is another game with the disc that you could play?

I bought this game along with FIFA 12 and while i do enjoy play SOTC and ICO i can't sit there for hours on end playing it through because i get very bored of doing the same thing over. I'll plat it eventually because i love the game but i'll take a break, read some books, go out, play other games and come back to it when i'm in a better mood.

Like i said, i'm not trying to be disrespectful to you in anyway or accuse you of playing a game waaaay to much but it bugs me these days because i always read people on here and other sites complaining about trivial things like a soundtrack, or a certain move, or cutscene or w.e and it's usually because they are hoarding the crap out of a game for a bloody trophy. Don't get me wrong i love collecting them and i find that it makes me play a game more than i probably would have in the past but i don't let them ruin my enjoyment and it kinda sounds like these ones are ruining yours.

:think:

Yep, you're perfectly right and these are wise talks. I played wayyy too mush. In two days I did all collectibles, 4 normal playthroughs,NTA, 1 hard playthroughs and now I'm on on HTA and my head is about to explode and I'd love to kill and eat Agro lol...one reason: Batman Arkham City is waiting in da box and since I loved the first so mush, I know I wont be able to play other games till I'll complete it. Mea Culpa. Call me obsessive, think I am LOL:o

You have dedication my friend LOL! :dance:

Good luck to you. I can get quite obsessive over trophies but if it starts to wind me up i leave it alone for a while then go back to it when i feel better lol.

Probably the only reason i never got Dead Space 2 plat was because 5 times i died on Harcore playthrough (which means starting at the beginning if you havent saved) after doing around 5 chapters due to a friggen glitch in the game.

Probably will never finish it. I just don't see the point, i enjoyed the game at least for a while haha!

I've only got 2 complaints about the music;

1) Almost every Colossus has the same "you're gonna make it" theme once you start climbing it, I would have like some variation there (I think there's only 2 different ones?)

2) More importantly, my favorite battle theme isn't played often enough... only twice in the whole game! ("A Violent Encounter")

:D

I've only got 2 complaints about the music;

1) Almost every Colossus has the same "you're gonna make it" theme once you start climbing it, I would have like some variation there (I think there's only 2 different ones?)

2) More importantly, my favorite battle theme isn't played often enough... only twice in the whole game! ("A Violent Encounter")

:D

I think one of the best songs on the soundtrack was unused in the actual game! :\ The song is called Final Battle, and how knows what it was meant to be used for! :o

The first time I heard the SotC soundtrack, and I loved it, I decided I had to find out who had composed it and what else he had composed. (I listen to quite a lot of vgs among other things). It turned out he had barely ever composed any video game soundtracks, but one of the two other games he had composed the music for was one of my favorite PS1 shooters, Philosoma. I had always liked that soundtrack a lot, but I never cared too much about who had made it, because he hadn't done anything else great back then.

If anyone is interested, then here's a playlist:

It's very short, so I recommend listening to the whole before deciding if you like it or not.

(sorry if this is against some kind of rule here on the forums :s)

Edited by MMDE