Argus #15 chest trick!

I just beat the 15th boss on HTA in 6,45 minutes using a new chest trick I just discovered. It's not overly complicated, but it takes a couple of tries getting used to.

The trick is to grab his shoulder armor when you're near his chest. This will make him do another animation which is much shorter, but gives you time to quickly drop down to his chest and get a 70-100% charged strike depending on how quickly you position yourself. After that you can quickly go up to his shoulder armor again before he does his 10 second super annoying shake. Mastering this and you will be able to do 3 strikes without him doing the shake even once.

On my victory run I did 3 perfect strikes on him and he only shaked once. I even had time to climb up and position myself near his spine and take his head out by chainhitting it. After that I climbed down to his arm, dropped his sword and easily killed his hand.

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions.

LOL, hope I'd have had this information sooner. I tried Argus 6 times before getting in the time window and the chest was indeed a HUGE pain to do. I usually did it by dropping straight from the bridge to the vitals and tried to stab as fast as I could and kept trying 'till I ran out of grip. Luckily there is more than enough time to do more of those jumps x) I'm just glad it's over.

LOL, hope I'd have had this information sooner. I tried Argus 6 times before getting in the time window and the chest was indeed a HUGE pain to do. I usually did it by dropping straight from the bridge to the vitals and tried to stab as fast as I could and kept trying 'till I ran out of grip. Luckily there is more than enough time to do more of those jumps x) I'm just glad it's over.

did u do the chest vital before let him drop his dagger?

did u do the chest vital before let him drop his dagger?

I went first for his head, then climbed to stab his arm so he dropped the sword and if I managed to pull it off, dropped to his right pawn and stabbed it to death. I usually had about 7 minutes left to do my kamikaze dives for the chest vitals. But even that wasn't enough most of the time. (My one run ended with 5 digits overtime, man I was pissed x))

no waaaaaaaaaaaaay!! this colossus get me hate the game:(

It can be tricky to grab the shoulderpad, but for best results grab the leftmost side of it, and when he does his mini shake just drop down. With a little luck you will grab his chest or be close to it. Even though you mess up he will stand still for a moment giving you room for that precious deadly strike.

After that you have a chance to get up on the shoulderpad again. He will walk three steps before doing the annoying shake animation, so if you reach it in time he will do the small shake instead of the big shake. Still even if you fail and he does the big one you should still focus on getting to the shoulderpad. Don't bother climbing up for a break. Just focus on his chest until you get it or fall off. You have time for atleast 2-3 attempts before you're forced to retry. His back is also extremely unreliable and you will often just fall down while trying to rest.

The head is fortunatly very easy to take down as long as you stand behind him near the spine, just make sure you hit him before he raises his head. You should be able to chain strike him without much trouble. If you fall forward (so you're hugging his face) get off and position yourself behind him again.

Grip should not be an issue on the head, and after that you just take his arm which is the easiest part of the fight.

Edited by Gorger

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used this tactic and it worked pretty good for me. I took out the chest sigil first. I fell once but destroyed it my 2nd time up there. Then I climbed back up to his head without falling off again. I wasted a good minute looking for the "sweet spot" on his head but I eventually found it. By this time I only had 1 minute left to get his hand so I was kinda nervous, but I pulled it off. I tried to drop to the cut in his arm to stab it but fell lower, and I actually dropped into the small space in his hand WHILE HE WAS HOLDING THE CLEAVER and took out his hand that way, with very little stamina left and 3 seconds left on the timer. That shit was a walk in the park compared to Gaius. Only took me 3 or 4 attempts to kill this guy. Now onto the collecting stage.

Edited by solstice

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First time i focused on this method after almost 3 hours I defeated him. Great method. Took out the head, arm and chest without falling off. then just had to take out the hand. although I had about 5 - 6 minutes to take care of the hand, i always found it pretty hard to jump onto it when he stomps the ground! Missed a few times!

• 4 years later...
I just beat the 15th boss on HTA in 6,45 minutes using a new chest trick I just discovered. It's not overly complicated, but it takes a couple of tries getting used to.

The trick is to grab his shoulder armor when you're near his chest. This will make him do another animation which is much shorter, but gives you time to quickly drop down to his chest and get a 70-100% charged strike depending on how quickly you position yourself. After that you can quickly go up to his shoulder armor again before he does his 10 second super annoying shake. Mastering this and you will be able to do 3 strikes without him doing the shake even once.

On my victory run I did 3 perfect strikes on him and he only shaked once. I even had time to climb up and position myself near his spine and take his head out by chainhitting it. After that I climbed down to his arm, dropped his sword and easily killed his hand.

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks a ton bro!

Was able to beat him, thanks to your trick which made it extremely easy. Done with all the Hard Time Attacks.

THANKS AGAIN. :dance: