Time attack #6

This is also where I'm stuck on too...

Ive seen loads of videos on youtube and the consensus is that you can't actually achieve this particular time without a kind of glitch.

I explain, once you climb half way up Barba's arm he then lifts it, and from what I seem to get in all these videos is that you then do an impossible jump with the help of the momentom to the crown of his head.

It looks so silly and so hard to actually pull off that with over 50+ tries I still cant even attempt the jump to his head thus far.... Its so stupid.

I can only phatham what the Hard Time Attack time will be.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYeKpPfMTY]Shadow of the Colossus #6 NTA SOTC - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by KAP

OK, I just did this one normally. Right when he bends down to look for you in the shelter run up to him and grab his beard and then move sideways as fast as you can. The beard seems to shake a lot more than the rest of him.

Also, after beating 6, 15, and 16 it seems that if you give them a strong stab in the head they tend to be stunned for a couple seconds, giving you time to start a chain of stabs. It seems like all you need is a couple good runs then.

Anoither VERY reliable and easy trick is the following:

When it starts, turn around immediately and run towards the first wall, no straight, but a little more to the left. (Left after having turned around.) Get onto the wall asap and face the colossus which should be very close now and about to destroy the wall you're on. When it almost hits it, jump towards it an hold R1 to grab.

A cutscene will play and you probably won't see Wanda, but you're still in control during this, so keep R1 pressed. (You actually must time the jump so that you will jump right before the cutscene plays and you will lanf on the colossus during the cutscene.)

If you did it right, you'll be hanging in the beard. If you didn't, he'll stomp you. ^__^

Hard to describe, but trust me, once you know the timing it'll work every single time. (Unless the quicker method with the legs which I can rarely pull off, once out of fifty tries or something.)

Just made #6 ! SoPoF tip IS GREAT! It's easy to execute and it will allow you to do head and back spots in a reasonable time.

For the hand spot I got about 3 minutes left and I did it the normal way, hide at the end of the arena, Barba lowers its body, ONE AND ONLY ONE full stab to the hand and then hide again, trust me, it's better and it take less than 2 minutes (even less I think), it will take about 3-4 full stabs but it will work!

Is #6 the beard guy? I had a rough time with him yesterday during Normal Time attack but eventually got him down. I got his attention quickly after going under the wall, jumped on his beard and went for the head first. If you time it right you can easily get 4 good stabs in until it disappears. Then I fell down the left side of his back and timed it to where I grabbed his fur right by the second symbol and luckily beat him with maybe 30 or 35 seconds to spare. The rest of the Time Attacks were pretty simple compared to him.

I just did this guy on HTA.

The way I did it was to focus on his arm first. Run to the ruin and hide under there. Shoot him with arrows so he bows down. Now Jump on his left arm and quickly get a full stab. Afterwards jump off it, because he will chainstun you making it impossible to get another slice at him. Wait for him to bow under again and repeat about 2-3 times. When the arm is taken care off you should have about 3-4 minutes for the head and the back. Wait for him to bow then jump on the beard. Make your way up and get a stab at his head. If done correctly you can now chainstab him before he gets the chance to raise his head. When the head has been taken care off, get full stamina by balancing on his back and then jump down to his lower back. From there it's just a simple procedure of stabbing whenever you can and he will go down.

By doing it this way i had 17 seconds left and I did many sloppy mistakes.

Good luck.

Here's another tip for his HTA: when stabbing his hand don't do a normal full stab because sometimes it may not work and you could lose your grip at the last moment and waste time, so when he lays his hand on the ground jump on it quickly and before he raises it again do a jumping stab and it will count as a fully charged one. It's much quicker this way. I did it using SoPoF's great tip and took care of the head and back symbols and had about 3 minutes for the hand, which I did using the normal way (hiding and waiting for him to kneel down). But remember while heading back to the hiding place don't make him lose sight of you or he will stand still and starts looking around until he finds you.

I had 59 seconds left to spare using this method http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Edited by Shinkai

• 2 weeks later...

When it starts, turn around immediately and run towards the first wall, no straight, but a little more to the left. (Left after having turned around.) Get onto the wall asap and face the colossus which should be very close now and about to destroy the wall you're on. When it almost hits it, jump towards it an hold R1 to grab.

A cutscene will play and you probably won't see Wanda, but you're still in control during this, so keep R1 pressed. (You actually must time the jump so that you will jump right before the cutscene plays and you will lanf on the colossus during the cutscene.)

If you did it right, you'll be hanging in the beard. If you didn't, he'll stomp you. ^__^

Hard to describe, but trust me, once you know the timing it'll work every single time. (Unless the quicker method with the legs which I can rarely pull off, once out of fifty tries or something.)

Thank you, this is the tip that FINALLY allowed me to beat Beardy in time.

• 2 years later...
Here's another tip for his HTA: when stabbing his hand don't do a normal full stab because sometimes it may not work and you could lose your grip at the last moment and waste time, so when he lays his hand on the ground jump on it quickly and before he raises it again do a jumping stab and it will count as a fully charged one. It's much quicker this way. I did it using SoPoF's great tip and took care of the head and back symbols and had about 3 minutes for the hand, which I did using the normal way (hiding and waiting for him to kneel down). But remember while heading back to the hiding place don't make him lose sight of you or he will stand still and starts looking around until he finds you.

I had 59 seconds left to spare using this method http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

jumping stab?

• 2 years later...

awesome tip. thanks sopof! beat it easily using this method. :applause:

• 8 months later...

What a great plan of attack! This took what looked to be an Achilles' Heel (even on NTA), and made the battle so much easier. Thanks for posting this, years ago.