Shining Lizard Guide

This is a guide to find all 77 Shining Lizards in the game. They are listed by their alpha-numeric grid code.

The lizards can be killed by an arrow to their body, being within the vicinity of a flash arrow exploding or being hit by your sword. You MUST kill all 77 lizards to earn the Endangered Lizard trophy. If you shoot them with a normal arrow and their disconnect their tail, do not leave the area until you are 100% sure you killed the lizard.

If you shoot a lizard in the tail while it's on the wall, it will fall to the ground and scurry away while leaving its tail on the ground so be sure any lizard you shoot off the wall is dead. If you do not manage to kill it, it will disappear from the map. Save your game and then quit out to the main menu and reload the game to make the lizard re-appear. Another tactic is to use the Flash Arrow (rewarded for completing all 16 Time Attacks on Normal) to kill the lizards; the arrows explode and can kill the lizard just by shooting close to it.

Another thing to keep in mind is there are save temples that multiple lizards hang around on. They can be anywhere on or around the temple so be sure to search everywhere. If the temple has multiple lizards you must kill one lizard then run a good distance away to get the next one to spawn.

The lizards are the black squiggly looking lines.

wwbAZEZ.jpg

B-3: South-east of the grid, it's near a pile of rocks near the north rock wall.

B-4: East of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

B-4: South-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

B-5: East of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

C-1: Middle of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

C-3: South of the grid, near the rock wall to the north (curves west) are two rocks resting on each other, the lizard is there.

C-4: North-east of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

C-4: Middle of the grid, east of the fruit tree near the ledge.

C-4: Middle of the grid, on the rock wall west of the fruit tree.

C-5: East of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

C-6: North of the grid, climbing on the rock wall next to the cliff edge.

D-2: North of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

D-2: From the save temple, head south through an arch and follow the rock wall to your right to find this lizard.

D-4: West of the grid, on the giant rock formation west of the fruit tree.

D-4: West of the grid, on a rock formation south of the fruit tree.

D-5: East of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

D-5: East of the grid, south-west of the save temple is a small pile of rocks, the lizard is around there.

D-6: When looking at the ruins that lead to Colossus 6, search the giant rock to the left of the ruins.

D-6: East of the grid, on the rock formation to the west of the fruit tree.

D-7: North of the grid, looking south at the path that leads to the save temple, look left and search the rock wall.

D-7: Middle of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-1: West of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-3: North-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-3: North-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-4: North-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-4: South-east of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

E-4: South-west of the grid, running around on the ground near the edge.

E-4: North-west of the grid, crawling around on a rock formation south-east of the save temple.

E-5: Head into the forest, hanging out on the save temple.

E-5: Head south from the forest to the dead end, the lizard is running around the tree.

E-7: East of the grid, search the very promiment rock formation, it's walking on the ground and the rock wall.

E-7: Middle of the grid, south-east of the fruit trees, there's another promiment rock formation, climb it from the east and explore its west side.

E-7: North-west of the grid, north-west of the fruit trees,

E-8: At the cliff edge is a plateau, climb it from the east side, the lizard is on the top level.

F-1: East of the sky bridge, on the rock formation south of the Colossus 11 crevice.

F-2: West of the sky bridge, hanging out with the save temple.

F-2: East of the sky bridge, on the rock formation just south-west of the save temple.

F-4: Inside the temple, crawling around the light where Dormin talks.

F-4: West of the temple, crawling around the rocks next to the ledge.

F-6: Crawling around on the side of the rocks, hard to find.

(Video incoming to assist with this lizard)

F-7: Near the east border, check the rocky hill, near the bottom of the lizard mark on the map.

F-7: Middle of the area, hanging out wit the save temple.

F-7: Head up the ridge from the path east of the temple, when turning onto the ridge look at the mountains and look for a dark "V" shape.

F-7: Head up the ridge from the path east of the temple, turn left and follow the path to a dark dead end.

F-7: Head west from the temple and follow the ridge, watch the rock wall for a round shape jutting out of the mountain, it's near there.

F-8: West of the gate leading to Colossus 16, crawling along the rock wall.

F-8: Inside the gate leading to Colossus 16, hanging out with the save temple.

G-1: South-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

G-1: Outside the ruins of Colossus 15, on the ledge to the left of the door.

G-2: Along the path leading to Colossus 12, hanging out on the save temple.

G-3: Middle of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

G-4: North-east of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

G-6: North-west of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

G-7: South-east of the grid, hanging out on the save temple.

G-7: North-east of the grid, head north to the cliff face and head west to a dark crevice, it'll be in there.

G-7: North-east of the grid, go up the cliff from the east and stick to the rocks on the cliff edge, look for a small alcove it'll be inside.

G-7: North-west of the grid, head up the cliff on the east and head west until you see a small pile of rocks, it'll be around here.

G-7: West side of the grid, there's a stonehenge looking structure, the lizard is crawling on it.

G-8: Follow the rockwall from F-8 and look for a giant archway to the south, go through the archyway and it'll be on your right.

H-6: North-east of the grid, follow the rock wall all the way to the cliff edge, it'll be walking around on the ground.

H-6: Middle of the grid, hanging out with the save temple.

H-6: Middle of the grid, east of the temple crawling around the fruit tree and a lower ledge.

H-6: South of the grid, south of the fruit tree the bay has an inlet and the ground depresses, search the rock wall to the north.

H-7: North of the grid, check all the shelfs in the area, you can reach the proper one from the west.

I just got this one after about 30 mins of running around in the same area looking for the north H7 Lizard. Ok so in this area you have the 2 spires - the smaller one in the North and the bigger one just south of it. the north most lizard is in between these two spires. There is an area which is the lowest shelf between these two spires. if you head south from here up on to the next shelf there is a protruding rock that is not too tall but taller then Agro. The lizard is on this rock.

This one is the rock facing North

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/kheapathic-albums-extra-trophy-guide-stuff-picture24235-shadow-colossus-lizard-h-7-north-1.jpg

Standing next the rock looking North at the low area mentioned above.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/kheapathic-albums-extra-trophy-guide-stuff-picture24236-shadow-colossus-lizard-h-7-north-2.jpg

Standing next to the rock on the same spot as the 2nd photo but facing South and looking at the south spire.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/kheapathic-albums-extra-trophy-guide-stuff-picture24237-shadow-colossus-lizard-h-7-north-3.jpg

H-7: Middle of the grid, find the giant rock spire and go to the shelf south of it, check near the edge for the lizard.

Complete Video Guide

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Special Thanks

-SotC Wiki: for the detailed map of all the collectibles.

-FrozenEternity: for the pictures and extra details for H-7 North Lizard.

-RandomRansom: for the complete video guide.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing image.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing this trophy today. Once I finished clearing all the lizards I realized that I hadn't actually killed all of them - I barely had disconnected their tails.

So yeah, do make sure that you've shot every lizard to death, otherwise you'll be facing a lot of frustration.

Do the lizards and fruit reset after you beat the game and continue? For example, I was maybe 2 lizards short on the first playthrough, beat the 16th, saved, and when I continued the lizards have repoped. Does that mean the 75 I killed before no longer count?

That's exactly right.

i have all of them except 1!!! the second lizard on D-7 ... the one that isnt by the save point! all the descriptions i find are too vague ... any help???

From the save point, follow the narrow path to the open area. Turn to your right and the lizard will be crawling on the rock wall there.

Welp, that was three and a half hours. Now to kill Colossi until I can get at the last three.

Time attack weapons remain available on subsequent playthroughs, I hope.

They do, as long as your save your game after the credits and load that save you will have everything carry over.

This thread just made me realize that I haven't actually killed all the lizards that i've hunted down so far. Do you think I could go back and kill the ones I didn't kill the first time or am I going to have to start over?

Edited by kkrulez64

I would say this guide is a good checklist along with a map like the one posted on gamefaqs... but there you also got checklists for the fruits too...

GameFAQs: Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) Fruit/Lizard Map by jekoln

I remember doing this for each playthrough. Have to make a checklist and check off those you get! lol

Would drive me crazy else. Might as well do it all as early as possible, there are only some very few that requires you to have progressed far enough in the game.

Edited by MMDE

From the save point, follow the narrow path to the open area. Turn to your right and the lizard will be crawling on the rock wall there.

IM DYING HERE! this second non save point D-7 lizard is killing me. i cant figure out if im stupid, blind or some extreme combination of them both... but even using the map that was posted i cant find it .. the descriptions/map all seem to get me to different spots ... i hvae spent more time hunting this than anything else in the game ..

can anyone shoot me a screen grab or something i dont need to see the lizard i just need to know where to look... agh

IM DYING HERE! this second non save point D-7 lizard is killing me. i cant figure out if im stupid, blind or some extreme combination of them both... but even using the map that was posted i cant find it .. the descriptions/map all seem to get me to different spots ... i hvae spent more time hunting this than anything else in the game ..

can anyone shoot me a screen grab or something i dont need to see the lizard i just need to know where to look... agh

I know you already found it, but I had trouble with that one too. Not sure if I got turned around or what. I took the narrow left path heading west from the southwestern cape save point. When the path turns back to the right (east) and opens up, there should be a rock wall on the right and a cliff on the left. The lizard should be hanging out below on this cliff. I had to follow the cliff down and double back to find it.

Very nice guide :applause: but I'm a little confused as to why on the video for finding the lizard in F6 you walked right past him and kept on trekkin over the side of the mountain.

That wasn't my video, that's a video I found on youtube and the guy was making it on how to get to a certain ledge. It just so happens he walks by the lizard.