Rate the trophy difficulty...  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.15

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a "platinum" on in back on PS2 apparently, insofar as i have a save file with all of the trophy requirements met...took me about 25 hours, and was not particularly difficult. some of the time attack times are a bit unforgiving, but You Tube has some great videos of interesting tricky ways to get up on the colossi for fast times...im just glad that this time, when i climb that (*&^%ing temple all the way to the top, i actually GET something for my efforts...on PS2, you got to see a deer. thats it ;)

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 10

A tip for Time Attack that most may not know about: When you get to a vital on the colossus, if you press Square to stab almost simultaneously as you press R1 to grab on to them, you sometimes get an extremely firm, almost unshakeable grip...i call it the "lock on"...im not sure if its a glitch or not, but it seems to work in this version too...you'll know if you did it right, because even if they start to violently shake you off, you can still stab at them instead of thrashing about and holding on with one hand...

kinda hard to explain it, but like i said, the first time you pull it off, you'll know...experiment with it while going through the story to get some practice for Time Attack, it saved me a TON of headache when going for the some of the hard times

I remember trying to do the time attack modes (for NORMAL mind you) back in the day, and it was absolutely RAGE-INDUCING. I can't even begin to think what hard time attack is like. The controls of this game is/are not "good enough" for a time attack mode. Why not leave "timed" modes for good games shall we? (fyi: this is my favorite game of all time and I have no problem admitting this)

Not to mention I've heard people have been having difficulty left and right with the lizards and the fruits............as if the time attack modes weren't hard enough! 10/10

also people need to be aware that it seems this version is more difficult than ps2 especially with time attacks. The colossi shake you a lot easier making it difficult to land charged stabs.

so dont rate this based on how well you did on ps2...

i'll give you that, its a bit harder, and i haven't even gotten to my "hard" playthrough yet...that said, 2 skills that saved my controllers from fits of rage back on PS2 still work here: the "dive stab" (jump, as you land near the vital press R1 and Square) and the "lock on" (this is tough to explain, but sometimes you get a nigh-unshakeable grip on a colossus...the camera will shift in to a closer view of Wander, any attempt by the colossus to shake you doesn't do jack and you can stab like a maniac till the spot goes down...what works for me is letting go of the fur and re-grabbing while pressing square right after R1...once you do it a couple times, you'll wonder how you ever killed these bastards without it)

Im sure that #6 Mr. Beardface and #3 Mr. Darksteel Colossus (bonus for anyone that gets that) are going to make me tear my hair out just like they did back on PS2, but just as then, im also sure its possible to get them down

10 since they fucked up the hanging mechanics. If it were as stable as the PS2 version and Wander wouldn't get tossed about by the colossi just taking a simple step, then I would have said 7ish. HTA is going to break a lot of controllers worldwide.

Why not leave "timed" modes for good games shall we?

How about we just leave timed anything out of trophies completely. Shit is never fun, and most especially in a case like this where they strip you of all the grip you have and then screw up the mechanics that made the original version fun in the first place.

Goddamn, at the very least, make the times REASONABLE.

Edited by usbmindlink

Speed runs just killed it for me. Too hard fighting the physics on guys like #3, esp on hard. Too many playthroughs, too many missable collectibles (cutting off a lizard tail can easily fool you into thinking you got him, esp with an arrow from a bad view, then you won't know where u screwed up later). I'd rather not start to hate the game, lol.

I'm only 4 trophies away for Platinum, and so far, it's mostly been straight-forward. By far, the most difficult one I've achieved so far was "Collector" which is where you acquire all the items available in Normal Time Attack. With that being said, I am NOT looking forward to "Meticulous Collector." I'm going to be working on "Cornucopia" and "Endangered Lizards" tonight, but I have no worries there. I've only waited this long so I would have the flash arrows to take out the lizards and full stamina to get to the top of the shrine to eat the forbidden fruit. If this was any other game, I probably would have rated it a 10 because I consider myself an average gamer and I don't have very much Platinum Trophies, but because of my passion for this game, it's somehow easier. :)

A tip for Time Attack that most may not know about: When you get to a vital on the colossus, if you press Square to stab almost simultaneously as you press R1 to grab on to them, you sometimes get an extremely firm, almost unshakeable grip...i call it the "lock on"...im not sure if its a glitch or not, but it seems to work in this version too...you'll know if you did it right, because even if they start to violently shake you off, you can still stab at them instead of thrashing about and holding on with one hand...

kinda hard to explain it, but like i said, the first time you pull it off, you'll know...experiment with it while going through the story to get some practice for Time Attack, it saved me a TON of headache when going for the some of the hard times

I'm going to try this when I move on to the Hard Time Attack. I know I've gotten into the position before, but I always just thought it was because I was dead on the vital - so thanks for the tip! :)

I'm going to give this a 9 out of 10.

Reasons

- It's not the longest Platinum in the world, but 5 playthroughs is a bit redundant for any Platinum.

- Time Attack and Hard Time Attack are very challenging accomplishments.

- 100% Completion is a chore for a game like this, even with Maps to help you, it'll take a while. It will have to be done multiple times to get various Trophies.

Im sure that #6 Mr. Beardface and #3 Mr. Darksteel Colossus (bonus for anyone that gets that) are going to make me tear my hair out just like they did back on PS2, but just as then, im also sure its possible to get them down

LOL. I don't know why I've never tied Shadow of the Colossus with the Darksteel Colossus.

Do people really find the PS3 version to be harder? I don't see it (I never beat the game on the PS2, but beat it here in about 8 hours, and have blown through a lot of time attacks (normal).

It's too early to make a vote for me, but I'm leaning around 7-8 right now.

It's too early to make a vote for me, but I'm leaning around 7-8 right now.

Just wait until HTA specifically #3, also 8 hours for the first 16 the first time round is probably pretty bad considering the game was never known for being tough.

Ok, i voted 8 ...

Only because of the HTA 3rd Colossus. The game is not that hard, as everybody said you'll have to do 3 or 4 playtrough for max Stamina (depends on your lizards tails gathered on all playthrough)

But with the sword upgrade you'll kill very fast all colossus in your next playtrought.

NTA was piece of cake for me and HTA wasn't finally so hard.

Without the 3rd Colossus the game deserve a 4 or 5 max.