HTA #15 help?

I've been trying for a couple days now to bring number 15 down. I had one good run where I killed his head, and another where I somehow killed the chest symbol.

The first problem is consistency. I just can't recreate those. The other is that when he slams his hand on to the ground I Wander doesn't get a grip on his hand and I've ended up wasting minutes at a time trying to perform one action.

I've been watching the youtube of HTA 15, but can't really get that down either. Anyone got tips?

for the head, i've found that i can kill it pretty easily by doing this: after he smashes the bridge, jump directly onto his head (you have to wait until he walks up very close to the edge of the broken bridge). once you land, IMMEDIATELY position youself at the bottom edge of the vital (the side that is furthest away from his forehead) and start stabbing it. if this is done correctly, i can usually get a chain of four fully-charged stabs that will kill the vital without any interruptions.

now my problem is the chest vital. he just keep shaking so much that i can never get more than one half-charged stab in before my grip runs out. any tips on how to deal with the chest vital would be very much appreciated !

this #15 and #3 in HTA are preventing me from getting the platinum. so much time wasted in trying to beat them, not to mention all the time spent reading up on the suggestions and tips posted on this site and studying the youtube videos. it's so flustrating and not fun anymore. maybe i should just accept defeat :( this will be the first game that i set out to get the platinum and failed. sorry for the rant.

for the head, i've found that i can kill it pretty easily by doing this: after he smashes the bridge, jump directly onto his head (you have to wait until he walks up very close to the edge of the broken bridge). once you land, IMMEDIATELY position youself at the bottom edge of the vital (the side that is furthest away from his forehead) and start stabbing it. if this is done correctly, i can usually get a chain of four fully-charged stabs that will kill the vital without any interruptions.

now my problem is the chest vital. he just keep shaking so much that i can never get more than one half-charged stab in before my grip runs out. any tips on how to deal with the chest vital would be very much appreciated !

this #15 and #3 in HTA are preventing me from getting the platinum. so much time wasted in trying to beat them, not to mention all the time spent reading up on the suggestions and tips posted on this site and studying the youtube videos. it's so flustrating and not fun anymore. maybe i should just accept defeat :( this will be the first game that i set out to get the platinum and failed. sorry for the rant.

The head of the 15th colossus is pretty easy to perfect grip... :)

At least I've done it several times! :)

I'm not sure if a perfect grip is important here, you basically have to find the right spot at the neck to stab him.

This is the strategy I used to take him down:

- first run to right arm to drop his sword (btw during the cut scene you can already use :triangle: to jump up)

- back on top of the right you can easily regain grip and then you have to make a run for the neck, try to aim for the edge of the symbol and start stabbing, first a half, after that you should be able to finish it with full stabs, if you can't get it the first time run back so you can trigger his arm shake and don't waste grip

- the worst part is now the chest, so get to the armor and drop down from it (you should have almost full grip), when you're hanging from his armor you trigger his smaller shake, during the shake drop down to the symbol and try to get into position, once the shake stops you can get an almost full stab in here, if not try to get back onto the armor. After that you have to wait for him to stop walking, before he starts his big shake there is small window for a small stab. This part unfortunately requires some practice and some luck, the chest needs around two full stabs, so your final goal should be two larger stabs and two smaller stabs.

- when he does his big shake it's usually a good time to drop down and position yourself in front of him, so he smashes his fist into the ground. If you drop down at other times, it can be annoying to get him into the right position for the fist smash.

- finally get back to the top, onto his armor and for your next stab at the chest as before, again it takes practice and luck to pull this off twice. :)

The chest is really annoying, the worst part is finding the right spot and for Wander to get his grip, so you can get in a good stab. There is not much more advice than to practice to get a good feel what works for you and then hope for a good run to pull it off twice. Good luck. :o

Wow, I just had a really good run on 15, until it came to the chest part. After breezing the head I put a few jabs in his chest and ran out of grip. I went for the hand and nailed that, and had more than 4 minutes left where he had only 1/3 of health left. I got on once and had 2 or 3 quick stabs before running out again. I got on him again with a little less than 2 minutes left and didn't even get 1 hit in. Not even a quick one. When the timer hit zero he still had 1/4 of health left.

(long, exasperated sigh)

This is another one where I did things differently than shown in the videos (out of the ones I've seen, at least).

- I'd always try destroying the mark on his chest first, exactly because it's the hardest and would screw up my run 8 out of 10 times.

- As has been said above, hanging onto/standing on the armor of his shoulder will make him shake his arm/shoulder. At this point you can get at least one fully charged stab on his chest mark.

(If you're good with the timing, you can already get down to the chest mark while he has yet to shake his arm/shoulder, but you know you've already triggered the movement)

- Ideally, you destroy the chest mark without falling off (if not, you can try finishing it off later)

- Whenever I managed to take out the chest mark, I wouldn't have enough grip left to get back up, so I'd jump off the Colossus deliberately

- After getting back on it, go for the head mark (if you can get a perfect grip it shouldn't be too hard)

- Once the head mark is gone, go stab the mark on his arm to make him drop his weapon (if the chest mark is still there, now is the time to get back to it and finish it off)

- Just the mark on his hand left now; as long as you can get him to attack with that hand quickly, destroying the mark should be the easiest thing out of everything else (imo)

I think it was still very hard to get all these things right in one run, but imo HTA #3 was still a lot harder. If you can defeat that one, this one should also go down sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes cant believe I managed to take this bitch down on my 1st HTA attempt with 2 mins to spare, he gave me trouble on every playthrough so much that i think i learn every thing that can go wrong and manage to avoid it this last run. :)

I did with no research or youtube vids or special super grip, just learning from my own (many) mistakes in previous playthroughs so its just practice really and dont be greedy especially on the chest vital if get a decent charge at all just stab him as often can get another right after.

There are many good tips for the chest vital, but I never managed to pull off any of them tricks... This is what I did:

After killing the head and the palm (you can do them after the chest also...) I went for the chest. After being dragged and wailed around like a ragdoll I accepted the fact, that he just doesn't let me stab.

SO, I go to this kamikaze mode and begin doing lunges from the bridge. I tried to land directly to the chest vital and usually the Colossus was still in the middle of some earlier animation, so I had time to stab a full-fledged strike. After that I released my grip, 'cause I knew I couldn't do any more damage. After that, doing those lunges again I go!

There is a better way to have time to strike full stabs by triggering his shoulder shake animation by hanging on to his shoulder plate, but before finding out about this I already beat the bastard x)

Don't despair! You will make it eventually!

For some reason, 15 was harder for me on normal mode than on hard mode. I guess it is because I was not in a panic mode on HTA. Like others here, I just calmly jumped strait onto his head and began to stab away. It DID help that I filled his head with as many arrows as I could while trying to get to the top of the buildings. It likely saved me a full stab. But there is a certain spot on the back of his head I was able to find that he never bucked me like a steer on and I was just able to plow through his head spot.

The hardest part for me was his freaking hand. I just had to stab it, let go, let him punch the ground again, stab again and repeat. The chest was like riding a calf to me. I got lucky. the hand though was like riding the "Widow Maker Bull"

Pain in the butt. but not near as big of a pain as HTA 3 still is.

Edited by Sabre2k2

Howdy folks

Like most people, it was #3, #6, and #15 I was dreading on HTA. Though #6 seemed to go so quickly comparded with my actual playthrough times, I just couldn't believe my luck.

#3 gave me a hell of a ride, but I killed the hell outta him!

This morning, I took down #15 after my 3rd try of the day (probably around 20 attempts overall). So...I thought I'd come tell you my method, maybe help some people out, or at least let you know one possible way.

-I start with the usual - get the tw@ to break the bridge then just onto his head

-Then I go for the super grip on the head, and take that out in 4 fully charged strikes.

-Next up, I go down the back of his right arm and make him drop the sword, the start climbing back up during the cut scene.

-Get over to his left shoulder and crouch on the armour to charge your stamina.

-Drop down and climb across to the dreaded chest spot and aget a cheeky 1/2 or 3/4 full strike.

-This, for me, is when he just goes mad and swings all over the place. I find that if you try and press square too soon, before you have a proper grip, your feet slip and you lose a chance. So just hang on until he stops swinging and you are fully gripped on...no get a half charged strike.

-Rinse and repeat the last step until your stamina drops and you fall off.

-Once on the floor, tease him to try and punch you, jump on the hand and take that out (2 fully charged hits - with a little arm swing from him in between

-Now get back on the bridge and jump to his shoulder armour and repeat what you did last time for the chest.

I took him down here with a whole minute to spare :shock:

Good luck....don't give up!!!