Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
mearhar1

Like the guy said, they linked in some way and SoTC is considered a prequel

mearhar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
artemisthemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp92 View Post
Since ICO is from 2001 and SoTC is from 2005, I really don't think so.
Agarest War (2007) was Sequel to Agarest Zero (2009)
artemisthemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
iamthesupreamegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
I Think Ico is the prequel just because the characters look younger and in shadow of the colossus they r older
Ico and Wander are not the same character. Neither is Yorda and the dead woman on the alter. (Don't remember if she had a name.)
iamthesupreamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
Qu1ck57r1k3

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   The Silver Lining   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alos88 View Post
Didn't Fumito Ueda confirm that ICO and SOTC take place in the same universe awhile back? Though I also think he said he didn't plan it that way originally.
I think he did, also in SOTC if you ride to this area at the south west corner of the map, you'll see
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Record of Agarest War = Platinum #100
Proudest Platinum: Record of Agarest War
Proudest 100%: Gundeadligne
2014 will be known as The Year of the Serverocalypse

Last edited by Qu1ck57r1k3; 09-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Qu1ck57r1k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
ToxicRequiem

Send a message via AIM to ToxicRequiem Send a message via MSN to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Yahoo to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Skype™ to ToxicRequiem
Default What the Hell?

What is wrong with people? I saw some stupid things on this thread that I never imagined I'd see anyone say...Here's the facts:

***MAJOR SPOILER***
Shadow of the Colossus is a prequel to ICO.

In Shadow of the Colossus, you play as Wander of whom is progressively possessed by Dormin. By the end, you become a colossus of shadows, but are sealed back in with a spell from a sealer. Whatever spell that guy thought he used, the shadow creature you'd become was compressed into a smaller package, a baby with horns. The events leading to ICO aren't completely revealed, but I posted this info in another thread just minutes ago so here I go again.

After Wander was revived as a baby with horns, it's to be assumed that he grew older, had children and they had horns. Later own, theirs had horns and so on. Eventually, there were boys with horns all around.

A queen of some foreign land did not want to die, she wanted to live eternally and rule eternally, so looked for a way to keep herself young. She found some information about the events that occurred with Wander and managed to create a spell where she would lose her humanity all for the sake of living eternally. Her spell required these boys with horns of whom the shadows lived within as sacrifices. Which is why the shadows your encounter in ICO have horns, they were all boys with horns once.

She would create a younger shadow being, in the form of a young girl, to keep a youthful and female body, and would use those shadows as sacrifices to transfer her soul into Yorda's body and take over. The shadows are to be used in a condensed form like Dormin was, a massive colossus of shadow.

So you see, the two games are completely connected. However, ICO takes place MANY generations after Shadow of the Colossus. This is to be assumed from how the queen seems to be relatively well-versed in how to reincarnate herself and how old she must have been by the time Ico shows up.
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #16
dmsdq

Quote:
Originally Posted by CogniVision View Post
I think they are more connected in their world but not any story based connection. The worlds themselves seem very similar, but the characters and stories are their own.
I feel like this fits best with my take on the events. The plots are so minimalistic that you can literally imagine any kind of story to connect them (which is why I love the story so much). Once, I came upon some kind of glitch, or maybe a visual pop-in, in the PS2 SotC. I spent hours trying to figure out if that was supposed to happen, or if I just witness a game error. Eventually, the shadowy figure became part of my story, and I wondered if Wander thought of it on his travels. Stuff like that make the story personal to me and my playthrough ... and that's why I like tying the two games together my own way. =)

Plat:

Playing Now: Vita - Tearaway/Rayman Origins
PS3 - Puppeteer/Jeopardy
PS4 - Knack/Flower
3DS - Zelda: LBW
dmsdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
dmsdq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRequiem View Post
What is wrong with people? I saw some stupid things on this thread that I never imagined I'd see anyone say...Here's the facts:

***MAJOR SPOILER***
Shadow of the Colossus is a prequel to ICO.

In Shadow of the Colossus, you play as Wander of whom is progressively possessed by Dormin. By the end, you become a colossus of shadows, but are sealed back in with a spell from a sealer. Whatever spell that guy thought he used, the shadow creature you'd become was compressed into a smaller package, a baby with horns. The events leading to ICO aren't completely revealed, but I posted this info in another thread just minutes ago so here I go again.

After Wander was revived as a baby with horns, it's to be assumed that he grew older, had children and they had horns. Later own, theirs had horns and so on. Eventually, there were boys with horns all around.

A queen of some foreign land did not want to die, she wanted to live eternally and rule eternally, so looked for a way to keep herself young. She found some information about the events that occurred with Wander and managed to create a spell where she would lose her humanity all for the sake of living eternally. Her spell required these boys with horns of whom the shadows lived within as sacrifices. Which is why the shadows your encounter in ICO have horns, they were all boys with horns once.

She would create a younger shadow being, in the form of a young girl, to keep a youthful and female body, and would use those shadows as sacrifices to transfer her soul into Yorda's body and take over. The shadows are to be used in a condensed form like Dormin was, a massive colossus of shadow.

So you see, the two games are completely connected. However, ICO takes place MANY generations after Shadow of the Colossus. This is to be assumed from how the queen seems to be relatively well-versed in how to reincarnate herself and how old she must have been by the time Ico shows up.
While I don't exactly disagree with you here ... Ueda himself never explicitly laid out the fact that they are prequel/sequel. He simply refers to them as "spiritual successors." So you are free to interpret your own storyline between the two. I think you have struck upon the most accepted storyline ... but it is still open for interpretation. ^^

Plat:

PS3 - Puppeteer/Jeopardy
PS4 - Knack/Flower
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #18
dmsdq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ck57r1k3 View Post
I think he did, also in SOTC if you ride to this area at the south west corner of the map, you'll see
WHAAAA?! Seriously? That is so awesome, haha. I'll have to check that out. ^^ But ... forgive me if I'm just dumb ... what does IIRC stand for?

Plat:

PS3 - Puppeteer/Jeopardy
PS4 - Knack/Flower
Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
Das_Kollaps

Send a message via Skype™ to Das_Kollaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRequiem View Post
Bro you pretty much nailed the story as I've imagined it. Thanks for putting it into words.

-BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED-

Das_Kollaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
MrBeens

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsdq View Post
WHAAAA?! Seriously? That is so awesome, haha. I'll have to check that out. ^^ But ... forgive me if I'm just dumb ... what does IIRC stand for?
IIRC = If I recall correctly