Whew, just made that 2 hour speed run (thoughts after game)

nintendo64X

So I just managed to do the 2 hour trophy, I followed SEVERAL videos on how to get here, even then not an easy task...

To make things harder, I forgot I needed the spiked club, thought "eh why not" and continued on...considering it only took a min or so to actually get.

Freaked out because when I checked the trophy guide times I was 7 mins out at the main gate O_O

But in the end (while the club wasn't as good as the light sabre) I managed to just do it, with 5 minutes to spare :D

I liked this game, I hope the next game from the ico team is just as good (yes even with the clunky-ness of it, im looking at that b@#$% yorda and some of those near pixel perfect jumps!)

Now back to choosing what game to play next, since I'm 100% done here XD

lucky you, im at the graveyard, and that stupid bitch always gets caught by the shadow crew, so she never qactually stays on the pressure switchy, but if i take the time to kill ther, thats soo much time wasted, in the speedrun the guy just gpes around up, pushes the box down and away he goes, but the enemies r waayy to quick in mine, the fucking door closes on my face every time. I do not know what to do.. and i wanna 100% so bad coz its all silvers and golds lol.

I feel your pain. Yorda wandering off, climbing down after I just pulled her up some ledge or changing direction on a ladder and going back without me doing anything is plain rage inducing. That's not AI, artificial intelligence, that's artificial stupidity...:mad:

I tried again to get Castle Guide, but again the grave yard and the beginning eastern arena are driving me nuts. In the grave yard, when I get through the finnicky controls to put Yorda on the switch and she stays there, most of the time the shadows reach here even before I get to the ladder in the next room. Seems completely random. I'm already in a hurry, but why for Christ's sake do the controls have to freeze for a few seconds when she get carried away off screen? And even if I get that part somewhat right, she gets dragged to the top of the grave yard where I can't reach her in time...

After several retries (I didn't count, would be too frustrating) I finally got that part, although with some fighting which did cost me a few minutes. Then came the beginning of the eastern arena, where you get down a ladder, have to put both characters on a pillar, shadows appear and you have to climb up that ladder again and leave the room. I tried this segment for nearly two hours, but stupid Retarda either doesn't feel like climbing up the ladder and rather likes a date with the shadows or even worse, she climbs down for the pillar but stops midways and climbs up for no obvious reason... Seriously, WTF? Only once I had enough luck to pull this through correctly, only to get her abducted in the entrance by shadows which don't appear in any speed run videos? Stupid me not to have saved after the pillar sequence, but why do I have the impression that from all Yordas available I always get the most retarded ones and for this the game throws in some extra shadows, just to mock me?

This game has some decent visuals, nice puzzles and story, but this trophy, stupid AI and some control issues turn it into a several hour long rage fest. Sorry for the rant, but I hate this game now.

Nevertheless, I'm still open to some advice to get this trophy, apart from trying again and again?

This game is completely random. So I deleted my saves and started anew again, and guess what, I got past the grave yard with no problems whatsoever on the first try... :confused: Even the eastern arena took only a few tries to complete, so I have still hopes for obtaining this stupid trophy. The dreaded piston jump and water wheel are next...

• 5 months later...

Was the graveyard that tough? I never really did notice - I was too concerned with beating the game under two hours :p Overall, the trophy took me 3 times - the first time, I understood how the path I was taking was radically shorter from the way I did it the first time; the second time, I attempted the run, but I got 2:15.xx (I was amazed that I finished so quickly, but pissed that I was off); in my third run, I got 1:58.xx (I was so excited because I was about 5 minutes behind the 1:26.xx save time that was recommended).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...