Speedrun Sewer Tips

Fingolfin-II

Hi There,

I've read all of the other post on the speedrun but i cant finde any help on some specific locations. When i look at the speedrun vids most of them are able to leave Yorda at the start of the sewer without here beeing taken when you go up, pull the leaver and drop down the hole in the field with grass. I am not able to get here before the spirits take her away. Is there spot that she has to be left exactly on and do you have to call out for her at specific points ?

I have a time at the windmill of 23:32, but when i arrive at the eastern arena it's 38.02 and thats way off from most timestamps that made it. I am worried if i continue i will miss out by the minutes i lost.

I think when you put Yorda at the back wall in the center, she will not be grabbed. But I never managed to get her through the gate before it closes.

My time at the east arena was 38:44 and I could still make it. Though there was not much room for error in the last section. Here are my times for comparison:

Old Bridge - 0:05:15

Crane - 0:10:44

Main Gate - 0:14:10

Graveyard - 0:17:38

Windmill - 0:25:23

Stone Pillar - 0:32:17

East Arena (enter) - 0:38:44

East Arena (leave) - 0:45:53

Waterfall (enter) - 0:53:38

Waterfall (leave) - 1:00:24

Water Tower - 1:06:33

West Idol Stairs - 1:13:56

Main Gate - 1:25:13

Sandy Beach - 1:57:31

Took me a while to work this bit out - you have to put her under the outcropping that you climb up on the chain - thats so the shadows cant see her from above so they follow you rather than swoop down on her. That should give you enough time to drop through the hole open the door and grab her before the shadows get her.

• 1 year later...

ive tried this 100 times. She just wont come to me when i open the gate. Ive tried staying far from her and shouting and running all the way up to her but oth ways she just stands there then a second later she gets taken. What the hell can i do, im so annoyed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For anyone struggling during the Sewer part, here's a quick tip: Instead of yelling at Yorda and waiting for her to enter the sewers (which never happened in my case - Yorda would not move at all), stand on the pressure plate (don't wait for it to go down), then quickly jump towards the gate, run outside while pressing R1 (DON'T wait for her at the gate because even then my Yorda would stay where she was), grab her, and then quickly head back inside. Provided she doesn't get kidnapped by the shadows, you're guaranteed to head back inside just in time for the gate to close behind you, preventing the shadows from following you. Hope this helps.