Need help with shining sword

eawalks77

i already got the mace trophy but do i need to carry that through the next game? i never saw the shining sword pop up is there something i did wrong. and i also reloaded my save before finishing the game right before the watermelon scene thinking i was supposed to get the watermelon trophy before i finished my first playthrough. i know its stupid... but i didn't read the trophy description right. now im on the part where i need to get the shining sword but i can't get the SS. bottom line my question is do i need to carry the mace over to the next save. do i really need to start over or what? any help would be appreciated

You have to get the mace on your first palythrough. Then, on your second playthroug ("new game plus", loading the saved file created after completing the game), doing the trick again will get you the light sword, instead of the mace.

Yes, you'll have to play all again...

thx for responding. ill try that

i got mace. wish i saw this before i started a new game. Read the answer from Mr. big boss

Question from the_seven_swell

Asked: 2 months ago

How to use the light saber?

I just got the game and I haven't opened it yet, but I heard it was the PAL version and it had the lightsaber weapon. Is it available in the beginning?

This question is open with pending answers, but none have been accepted yet

Submitted Answers

status

Answer

no it is not available in the beginning. It is only available during a second playthrough.

In the first playthrough, you will find a mace. The lightsaber will be where the mace is located.

This was taken from the cheats section:

"play the game through the waterfall and reach an area where you get the mace by throwing a ball into a box at the first play (Please refer to FAQ for this side quest). This time a Starwars-like Weapon will fly in instead of mace. "

got this from gamefaqs.com thanks Mr. Big Boss you just saved me a ton of time. thank you GOD! can't wait for the SS

Edited by eawalks77

• 2 months later...

this trophy is def glitched or something. i'm in new game+ right now and i re-did the trick and nothing happened... nothing even came through the window. no mace/shining sword. i got the mace last play through but this time nothing happened. lame as hell. guess i'll have to reload the save point and try again later cause i'm on my speedrun...

• 3 months later...

Same thing just happened to me as well. I got it the mace on my first but now SS. On his and I'm on a speed run. :(

Edit: This trophy is glitched. On my first attempt of getting the Shoning Sword the ball had disappeared cause me not to get it. So I reloaded an older save to try getting it again and it worked so I suggest that you make a save before the Waterfall puzzle just in case.

Edited by Blackbush87

• 2 months later...