Rate the trophy difficulty...  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.84

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero respect for anyone who thinks this game is less than a 5. 2 hours?? Are you freaking kidding me?? Sure that would be more doable if the controls/combat wasn't so terrible! (this is coming from someone who loves the game btw). I can see doing "time" oriented stuff in a game like Bayonetta where the gameplay is just PERFECT. But it is mind numbingly frustrating in a game like this.

Fyi: I remember playing this on PS2 4 times and I never got under 3 hours EVER.

2 hrs is definitely not easy to beat. Even with the speed run video, you need to do everything perfect and that's very demanding more than I thought it could be. For now I am near close to finish 2 hr play through and I think it's at least a 5. Depending on your skills, it could be easily a 7 or 8.

I have zero respect for anyone who thinks this game is less than a 5. 2 hours?? Are you freaking kidding me?? Sure that would be more doable if the controls/combat wasn't so terrible! (this is coming from someone who loves the game btw). I can see doing "time" oriented stuff in a game like Bayonetta where the gameplay is just PERFECT. But it is mind numbingly frustrating in a game like this.

Fyi: I remember playing this on PS2 4 times and I never got under 3 hours EVER.

My personal record as of this post (I plan to try again after I wake up) is about 2 hours and 10 minutes. The controls my be a little janky, but they aren't terrible. The combat is simple and does take a long time to kill anything with the stick, but I've played games with worse combat, such as Rule Of Rose. ...so bad.

As for your comparison to Bayonetta, I have zero respect for anyone who thinks Bayonetta is at all good.

I just got the platinum. Oh man that 2 hours trophy was frustrating. I don't think I've ever put this much effort into trophies before. :p Gonna give this sweety a 7/10, ONLY difficult trophy is indeed the 2 hour speed run one. Everything else is basically a walk in the park. If you didn't have to do a 2 hour speed run in this game, with these controls and mechanics... Would've been a 2/10 for sure.

Many of the (B) and (S) trophies are story related, same for two of the (G). That makes the game about 1~2/10. But the 2-hour trophy - Castle Guide - can easily be 5/10 on its own IMHO because it requires you to really refine and perfect your game in order to make it work. But with all the videos on youtube I don't think it's that big of a deal, just takes practice and patience.

2/10 without Castle Guide. But 5/10 overall for me.

Edited by Das_Kollaps

Ok, just got the Plat and I gotta say it was a plesant journey.

I did the trophies in three runs.

1. Played the game normally. Smelled the flowers and watched the beautiful scenery. Enjoyable!

2. The speedrun. My time was 1:49:xx (can't remember the digits) and truly, it was kinda sloppy run, with many unnecessary fights, saves and Yorda captured. (BTW I tried the piston jump over 10 times, got waterwheel first try) That said, I thought it was not so big deal to make it under 2 hours. If you know this game and try hard to skip every fight you should have more than enough time to get the Castle Guide trophy. After that reloaded a save and got the spiked club.

3. 2nd playthrough and lightsaber + Melon ending.

For the difficulty I'd like to give 4. The speedrun was a challenge, yes, but after doing FFIX Excalibur II run and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 2:51:00 run this was nothing because it's less luck based.

In my opinion, the trophy list should've had more trophies, like performing various stunts (light a bomb by jumping near a candle/cut both ropes in one swing at the Idol Stairs/kill x shadows by Yorda's electric shock). Now the game gives you 9 Gold Trophies and I sincirely feel like not deserving that many from Platting this game. It wasn't that challenging.

Edited by fluojn

awaiting my plat as the credits are rolling atm. bored not being able to skip so ill post my thoughts in the meantime..id give this a 5 out of 10 tops. the only trophy requiring a specific amount of skill/effort is the completing under 2 hours, which with the proper approach is easily obtainable. my speedrun was very sloppy. ended up having to battle the graveyard and many other places even reloaded a checkpoint near the end after slipping off the mountain lol. finished with under a minute to spare, but even so never really saw this a thought it was unobtainable by any means

4/10

I'll give this a 4.5, but since the polls doesn't allow .5 increments, I'll round down and give this a 4.

Indeed the only hard trophy in this game is the 2 hour speed run, but if you follow the videos in the guide, you have more than enough time in case you mess up.

i was about to vote a 3, but i choose 4 because the only big deal here is beat it under 2 hours, that is posible if u stay focus and try to equal or best the times that the pre-guide says. The thing is that some times Yorda can be really stupid, and make u lose time unnecesary, just for this matter, i´ll give it the extra point, for me is a 4.

5/10. Castle Guide wasn't too bad when following the video. I had a save of 1:19:02 right before the last section, and was able to get the watermelon ending, Unscathed, and Castle Guide in one go; I was pausing to consult the video during the last section, so I'm not sure what my time was. I did get lucky and did the piston and waterwheel in 1 try each on my first crack at that section. I was concerned about dying during the last dash to get the sword until I saw you could drag the pillars and greatly reduce the distance between cover and the sword.

Just finished the game with my 2nd play through and got the platinum.

1st Play through: Enjoy the game, watch all cut scenes, get story trophies and the spike club. I really like this animation style of game-play. However, the camera made this game tough.

2nd Play through: Castle Guide speed run, melon ending and lightsaber. Well, after you obtain the lightsaber, simply reload the previous save, which will save you another run through. With all the youtube videos, it is doable if you follow closely. The trick is some places, you need to call / yell / shout at Yorda. That will make her stop wondering around.

Overall difficuly: 5

Castle Guide will be the only tough trophy.

Just finished my last trophy. I give this a 1.

The only thing in the game I could possibly see as being difficult at all is the 2 hour speed run, and I got 1:50 on my first try at speed running, on my third playthrough of the game, ever. It's not hard. And I have no idea why people act like it is.

My only advice is patience, and follow a speed run. I messed up a ton and still had 10 minutes to go, so it's not like it's extremely strict or anything.

Other than that, the majority of the trophies are automatic, and the hidden weapons take a minute or so to get on the 2 required playthroughs, so it's all very easy to get as you go.

Just finished my last trophy. I give this a 1.

The only thing in the game I could possibly see as being difficult at all is the 2 hour speed run, and I got 1:50 on my first try at speed running, on my third playthrough of the game, ever. It's not hard. And I have no idea why people act like it is.

My only advice is patience, and follow a speed run. I messed up a ton and still had 10 minutes to go, so it's not like it's extremely strict or anything.

Other than that, the majority of the trophies are automatic, and the hidden weapons take a minute or so to get on the 2 required playthroughs, so it's all very easy to get as you go.

I voted 5. Probably a 3 when using the youtube 1:32 guide; 7 w/o the guide.

i voted 6 because of the 2H rush, i could have vote 2 or 3 because there's nothing very difficult if you follow the youtube 1:32 guide.

There's 3-4 places where timeline is strict but nothing terrible.

Why 6 ? Because i'm thinking on people who doesn't want to use a guide (or doesn't have internet ...) And it's probably a 10 ... :D