XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > I (PS3) > ICO Collection: ICO

Old 09-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 4 slightly confusing trophies (spoilers)

Ok, my issue centers around 4 trophies:

Armed and Ready - Acquire sword
Royal Arms - Acquire Queen's Sword
Shining Sword - Acquire shining sword
Spiked Club - Acquire spiked club

Now it's been years since I've played Ico, but I don't remember this many weapons. I know the club is a secret quest, and you get a lightsaber if you do it on your second play through (which I'm guessing is the shining sword). But the only other sword I remember is the one at the end of the game (which is essential to beating the boss). Is that one the Queen's Sword and I'm forgetting another partway through the game? Cause the only Queen's Sword I remember was in SotC (was a reward in the time trials).
Jyrakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've only just started playing the collection and I'm not very far. But when I played it on the PS2, I do seem to remember getting some kind of sword as an upgrade from the stick. Never knew about the club or the lightsaber though.

EDIT: As I am now further in the game, you do get a sword as an upgrade which allows you to cut ropes. I also now have the club.

Last edited by iamthesupreamegod; 09-27-2011 at 11:20 PM.
iamthesupreamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

I know this is all answered in the road map, but to be clear, Sword and Queen's Sword are both story related.

The Shining Sword and Spiked Club are found in the same place, but one on a first play through and the other on a play+ after completion.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ToxicRequiem Send a message via MSN to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Yahoo to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Skype™ to ToxicRequiem
Default Some enlightenment...

Sword: You acquire it through normal gameplay and is necessary to continue the story. It's a very basic sword with no remarkable designs, but sturdy and more effective than the wooden stick when it comes to combat (obviously)

Mace: A very powerful weapon, capable of cutting ropes like the "Sword" (don't ask how) and is far more effective in combat, usually not requiring more than 2 hits to defeat any enemy. Acquired on your first run through the game as a hidden weapon.

Light Sword: The only info I have on it is that it's acquired at the same place and same way as the "Mace", but only during a New Game+.

Queen's Sword: Also required to progress with the story, it is the ultimate weapon. It will destroy any Shadow with one hit and can protect you against their darkness.

NOTE: The Queen's Sword was available in Shadow of the Colossus as the very last item you acquire from beating all 16 colossi in Time Attack (Hard) and killed any colossus with one strike. It was added into the game as an Easter Egg from Ico. Although the story for Shadow of the Colossus predates ICO, the latter came out several years before.

Also, these two games are not the only ones that have a weapon called Queen's Sword. Many other games have sword weapons bearing the same name. Most of these came out years before either ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, so it is not originally from either game.

The idea behind ICO's "Queen's Sword" is not completely revealed. Some would assume it is the Shadow Queen's sword (Yorda's mother), however, it is obvious she can not wield such a weapon as it would harm her, if not kill her. Possibly, the Shadow Queen was once a queen of that castle, but was corrupted and taken over by the darkness?

***MAJOR SPOILER***
Since she wants to use Yorda's body to renew her own, it's safe to assume she's done it before as boys with horns have been being sacrificed there for a very long time. The spell for renewing her body would come from the "castle" in Shadow of the Colossus, where Wander was reborn as a baby with horns (after being infected by Dormin). The Shadow Queen, not wanting to die, discovered a way to prolong her existance, rendering her virtually immortal.

Although most of that was off topic, atleast now you know something more about the game.
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRequiem View Post
Since she wants to use Yorda's body to renew her own, it's safe to assume she's done it before as boys with horns have been being sacrificed there for a very long time. The spell for renewing her body would come from the "castle" in Shadow of the Colossus, where Wander was reborn as a baby with horns (after being infected by Dormin). The Shadow Queen, not wanting to die, discovered a way to prolong her existance, rendering her virtually immortal.

Although most of that was off topic, atleast now you know something more about the game.
thats an interesting thought! never thought that the spell to turn wander into a baby might be the same spell that the evil queen will use to become young

Just your typical gamer
demonslayerQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ToxicRequiem Send a message via MSN to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Yahoo to ToxicRequiem Send a message via Skype™ to ToxicRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslayerQ View Post
thats an interesting thought! never thought that the spell to turn wander into a baby might be the same spell that the evil queen will use to become young
It's nice to know that someone actually took the time to read my post :P

I actually did play Shadow of the Colossus long before ICO, then found out about it, borrowed it from a guy I knew had it and finally made sense of the entire story because I had already finished the prequel first. So when I first saw Ico, all I could think was that he was Wander's reincarnation. But as I progressed through ICO's story, I came to that realization that I posted previously. Maybe if the developpers would reveal a bit more about how the two games are linked...
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I have finished ICO and am about to start SotC, so I will keep this in mind for better understanding of the story.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeens View Post
I have finished ICO and am about to start SotC, so I will keep this in mind for better understanding of the story.
I think one of my favorite things about Ico and Shadow are that they're both so minimalistic in their storytelling, that there are a lot of possibilities for their narratives. It does create a great tie-in between the two games though. =)

Plat:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Playing Now: Vita - Tearaway/Rayman Origins
PS3 - Puppeteer/Jeopardy
PS4 - Knack/Flower
3DS - Zelda: LBW
dmsdq is offline   Reply With Quote