Nuts About Scratte

I am having the darndest time finishing this challenge in 59 seconds! The closest I've come is 1:05, and I don't know what else I can do to shave off that additional 6 seconds. Unfortunately, my computer cannot access Youtube, so watching videos is not doable (at least on this computer). Those @#@ dung beetles are in the worst spots, and I think that fighting them may be what's slowing me down. However, there are two, that if I don't fight them, I end up running into them and losing even more time. One is about halfway through, and the other is at the end. Any ideas?

DONE! The two beetles and one bat that were slowing me down are neutralized! The first dung beetle, on the first tier of a three-tier jump up, can be approached from the front. I had been approaching him from the rear, but discover that with good timing, I could jump from the front and not get hurt. Scrat can land either into his dung spot or, ideally, on the beetle's head, which allows him to double jump to tier two.

The second bat, around 1/2 or 2/3 way through level, can be neutralized with a well-timed double jump onto his head. I was waiting till he flew lower to get over him, but I grew tired and just started trying to kill him. That was effective... once. But once was all I needed to beat the time!

The third enemy, another dung beetle, has to be killed. I was trying to dodge him and his poop, but it was too much. He's on the bottom layer, last multi-tier jump up at the end of the level (one with a green mushroom). I ran full throttle and managed a well-timed bounce on his head.

Final time: 0:59.69. That leaves a whopping 0.30 seconds to spare. Ha ha! The platinum is finished! Sid would be so proud!

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 2 years later...