Challenge "Rescue Yoko"

• 2 weeks later...

im sure u got the platinum by now, but i beat this in 1:39. the way to save the most time is to figure out how to get rid of the enemies on the balls the quickest. there r certain spots that u can go to and they will just fall off the edge.

• 5 weeks later...

After about 60-70 playthroughs I found that on the 2nd Guyser Glacier it's best to just roll from the 1st STRAIGHT onto the 2nd! This was the last trophy I needed for my platinum(which I got);) doing this saves you alot of time. On the Half pipe later on just take one momentum swing then DONT TAKE your hand off the left button. hope my tips help.

• 3 weeks later...

I failed this quite a bit until I figured it out, and ultimately beating it with 9 seconds to spare. Before the first geyser platform gets to the bottom, start rolling off and directly onto the second one. The next part, get good speed avoiding the holes staying close to the first hole to give you enough room to stay right of the next one. Approach the next part by getting a good roll up the left side, then a good roll back to the right. You should be able to get on top on the next move left.

The birds will all run off the edge by themselves.

I can't get the rescue egg trophies to unlock. I beat Egbert and Shelly in the time stated by the trophy list but haven't got the trophy. IDK what the hell is going on. I even restarted the game and tried it again.

any ideas?

ARG! I'm getting so freaking pissed. On the egbert challenge my times are: 52, 58, and 1:02... That's WELL below the 1:40 mark i'm shooting for but it WONT UNLOCK!

Edited by jefxfree

ARG! I'm getting so freaking pissed. On the egbert challenge my times are: 52, 58, and 1:02... That's WELL below the 1:40 mark i'm shooting for but it WONT UNLOCK!

Because you're not getting the challenge done in time. It's 40 seconds.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/../images/trophies/166/2.jpgRescue Egbert (Silver Trophy)

Complete Egg Roll Challenge 1 in under 40 seconds

Because you're not getting the challenge done in time. It's 40 seconds.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/../images/trophies/166/2.jpgRescue Egbert (Silver Trophy)

Complete Egg Roll Challenge 1 in under 40 seconds

haha. I feel like a dork. I read it and saw the 1 (and thought it was minute)... lol. oops. HAHA

I'm going CRAZY!!!

I'm trying this challenge for days now, NO WAY to get under 1min45sec.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything... But I felt it was sort of ironic or at least funny that the guy with 31 platinums is saying there's no way to beat this challenge. I know he go it now but just seemed funny to me.

No disrespect to Tigra... he's the man for getting to level 17.

------------

But, yeah, that level took me like 10 or 15 times. I didn't watch the video that SwatTJ put up... I just kept doing over and over to learn the exact routes to take.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got this one and the platinum :dance:

On the second section with the 2 birds I moved straight to the bottom on a small patch of snow and when they came close to me I just moved out of the way and they both fell off the end just like the first section (no need to bounce then off the edge) finished it with 10 seconds spare.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got this trophy today and platinumed it after trying to beat this egg roll 3 shit for days and days.

There are a few tricks you have to use. Like everybody knows you have to be at the first geiser (or how that stupid thing is called) after 15-17 seconds. Wait and roll on the first and when it moves down start rolling off and bump onto the next without waiting. Take a sharp turn of the second and you can be at the hole in like 28 seconds.

After the tunnels with the holes in the ground move hard left once, hard right and you can make it on your second left up, altho you could easily do another left and right if you do like me furtheron. Move on to were the 2 guys on the stones come and let them both roll to you and move to the left to let them fall. Next part is pretty easy untill you reach the next part with the 2 dudes on the rolling stones. When you get there roll under the first one with hi speed to the left bottom corner , he will follow you and roll straight in the water. Move a bit to the right then and wait for the other to come. Move left again and when he turns he will fall too. No need to bump here with any of the two and if you wait at the top of the island it much more difficult then when you are down. Now your time is about 1.28 and you have plenty time to make it. Second trie i did this part like this my time was 1.41. My best time when i wait at the top to let them fall in the water was 1.47 so makes big difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I did it with 2 seconds to spare after watching the video for tips. The rolling bird enemies were the main things that were taking up too much time, I found the best way to handle them was to let the first 3 roll off the cliff after you dodge them, and fight the 4th one - easy to knock it off after a couple of collisions. Still had enough time to be very careful over the final few ice turns, which are frustratingly easy to mess up on.

• 1 month later...