rental?

Rental or not?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Rental or not?

• Rent it
    • Buy it.
    • Leave it.

Rent it you can get the platinum pretty quick only hard thing about the game is the challenges. Theres only 3 real tough ones, Rescue Yoko in under 1 min and 45 seconds, Scrat's Time Challege 3 in under 2 mins, and Saving Sid in under 2 mins and 50 seconds.

If you can get those then its a piece of cake, and the story is pretty long.

I just saw the movie and i really liked it =D

Is this game a rental or is it worth the buying money?

Leave it?

I'll never buy a film based game again. *Cough Terminator*

Yes, all of the trailers for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 'The Game' do look tempting, but that's exactly what i thought about the blunder of a game that is Terminator Salvation. Think I might stick to buying games, which are not based on films.

Who really cares if this game has trophy support? Terminator has extreamly easy trophy's, but i cannot be bothered to place that game any where near my play station without considering a better game first, even though I could quite easily pick up another platinum and 2 golds, in a matter of hours.

Only a few games, have made good films

Only a few films, have made good games

Doubt this is one of those few films which will branch a good game imo. Please correct me if im wrong.

Leave it?

there are some that are worth it my personal list would include:

Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe - very challenging & hard but you feel proud when you get that platinum

Wanted - i personally found this fun and was funny in some places!

Leave it?

Yes, all of the trailers for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 'The Game' do look tempting, but that's exactly what i thought about the blunder of a game that is Terminator Salvation. Think I might stick to buying games, which are not based on films.

Who really cares if this game has trophy support? Terminator has extreamly easy trophy's, but i cannot be bothered to place that game any where near my play station without considering a better game first, even though I could quite easily pick up another platinum and 2 golds, in a matter of hours.

Only a few games, have made good films

Only a few films, have made good games

Doubt this is one of those few films which will branch a good game imo. Please correct me if im wrong.

i guess this is why renting exists xD

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This was nowhere near the awfulness of T:S. In fact, the challenge trophies make this more than worthwile a platinum effort. The diversity of gameplay will not leave you unsatisfied.

It took me an extra hour to get past the Yoko and Saving Sid challenges for their respected trophies. Also had plenty of fun playing the storyline, though I skipped most of the irritating cutscenes.

Really, for a movie-game, this is worth a plat rental at the very least. Wish they had multi-player bronze to go with it, though.

• 3 months later...

I just rented this to play for TSL. It is definitely worth renting if you liked the movies, but even if you didn't see them it is still a fun, well done game. The story mode is easy to do and most of the challenges aren't too hard, especially with videos in the guide that can help.

Overall, it is worth a rent, no doubt about it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...