Is anybody else frustrated by the combat?

thajewbear

I really can't seem to wrap my head around my frustration as far as combat is involved... I haven't played it for weeks for this reason. For example killing 3 guys with 1 bullet, considering there is no hole to kick them into. How is it done? Does anybody else share this feeling?

By the way I'm referring to the skyscraper after the mall to retrieve the medicine.

I really can't seem to wrap my head around my frustration as far as combat is involved... I haven't played it for weeks for this reason. For example killing 3 guys with 1 bullet, considering there is no hole to kick them into. How is it done? Does anybody else share this feeling?

By the way I'm referring to the skyscraper after the mall to retrieve the medicine.

Wow...really? Are you that oblivious? You probably haven't played any tactical games...

The game gives you a machete as your earliest weapon...You pull out your gun and point it at them. You back two of them far enough away that you can struggle kill one guy (whoever you kept closest). Then you aim at the two others. If they happen to still attack, then kill one off with the bullet. Then the other one will be at your mercy to be struggle killed.

Just don't click twice, otherwise they'll hear the click and realize you're out of bullets and attack. VERY simple...

You should take my word for it, I make it a point to pick off 5 guys without wasting a single bullet and without any damage.

Haha... Chill man. I ended up getting it all down eventually. It was just a system I've never used. Actually beat it in 4 and a half hours but I was expecting more... Thanks for the reply though lol.

Wow...really? Are you that oblivious? You probably haven't played any tactical games...

The game gives you a machete as your earliest weapon...You pull out your gun and point it at them. You back two of them far enough away that you can struggle kill one guy (whoever you kept closest). Then you aim at the two others. If they happen to still attack, then kill one off with the bullet. Then the other one will be at your mercy to be struggle killed.

Just don't click twice, otherwise they'll hear the click and realize you're out of bullets and attack. VERY simple...

You should take my word for it, I make it a point to pick off 5 guys without wasting a single bullet and without any damage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Yeah, combat sucks in this game. Often. Especially because free aim is explained really bad, which made for a lot of retries against the armored guys in my first encounters of them.

It seems you're a CoD player, a player who is used to beat easy and common games (no offenses). I don't see where is the difficult on pressing the right analog for free aim, you know, you aim, you move your camera on this button; and it is pretty obvious, if the guy is armored you must shoot in some place he doesn't have the armor. Since he comes walking slowly you can look at him, aim and shot. If he had a gun things would be veery different.

FYI, I never played any CoD, neither am I used to beat easy and common games (you could have referred to my gamercards before making such a statement). It's not that the free aiming system doesn't work, but it was shown once very shortly, almost not noticable how they expected you to use the free aim. That was what I hated.