SOS: The Final Escape!!!!

larterman

I was looking forward to this since it was announced a couple of years back. Then heard all about the chequered development and I thought it would be scrapped, then heard that it had been downgraded to a PSN game and thought that I’d probably give it a miss.

Looking for something to play over the long weekend I thought I’d give it a go and was very pleasantly surprised. Only about ½ way through so far but I think that it is very atmospheric. Some of the game play is a little suspect but overall I’m really enjoying it.

The only thing that is really annoying me is (showing my age there)…… Anyone else remember SOS: The Final Escape (AKA Disaster Report) on PS2?? Very similar concept, game play, story etc… In fact it sometimes feels like a complete rip off / remake, :think: Crossing the bridge at the start, climb the construction site, help people etc etc…

Still enjoying this though and would definitely recommend it if anyone is a little unsure.

I never played Disaster Report 1 but i played the second one called Raw Danger (at least here in America) thanks to a friend who is a fan of the series, it was an awesome game in my opinion

I played the demo of I Am Alive and i must say that i found it great too, made me remind Raw Danger and... Assassin's Creed (...for some reason) but sadly i didn't buy it since i spent my last 10 bucks in Rayman 3 HD (but in the future i'll end up buying this game)

Oh and by the way if you have a Nintendo Wii, try to play (or see a youtube video) the game Disaster: Day of Crisis, i heard that the game is good and is like Disaster Report (but sadly only was released in Japan and Europe)

• 2 weeks later...

I've played only the demo, but I'll probably buy it.

BTW, I had your very same feelings while playing it, especially for the bridge crossing part at the very beginning.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

On a side note, the Zettai Zetsumei Toshi series of games (which translates to Raw Danger, SOS The Final Escape, Disaster Report or whatever other mess you can find, depending on the platform and the region you live in) was a damn good franchise and it's a pity that the series might have been canned for good with the demise of #4 due to last year0s quake in Japan.

(I'm not saying that a game cancellation is the saddest thing in a quake, but it still sucks)

Wasn't there a Wii game with a similar concept as well? I forgot the name, but I had kept an eye on it. Didn't look great when it was released, though, so I passed.

By the way, LOL@ topic title. Thanks to it, I was expecting a "final escape" sequence when I came near the ending of the game, oviously hard enough for someone to make an SOS topic about it.

Edited by SoPoF