Game loading locks up PS3

Psikorps

I have downloaded the game three times now, after it finishes installing, the game gets to "installing trophy package" then goes to the blank screen with the battery charging icon in the top left (game loading I'm guessing), after severals mins of nothing but watching the icon over and over, the PS3 hardlocks and must be unplugged (holding power button does nothing) and restarted, each time requiring the HDD check.

(I tried deleting all the game data off the HDD before the 3rd attempt, still does nothing...going on the 4th try now)

Now as I mentioned, this is still happening after 3 attempts off 3 downloads.

Is anyone else having this problem?

*Edit*

5th try worked. Sheesh...

Edited by Psikorps

Happened to me too just now (PS3 is HDD checking atm).

Did anyone who's having/had the problem, try starting the game after being logged out of PSN? (PoP trilogy PSN style, 1st and 2nd game were freezing at title screen if you were online).

EDIT: Being logged out worked, BUT, I still don't know if this is the problem. Could be pending downloads too (I'll try playing the game when in PSN, but with no pending downloads, later).

Edited by Brainstef

Happened to me too just now (PS3 is HDD checking atm).

Did anyone who's having/had the problem, try starting the game after being logged out of PSN? (PoP trilogy PSN style, 1st and 2nd game were freezing at title screen if you were online).

EDIT: Being logged out worked, BUT, I still don't know if this is the problem. Could be pending downloads too (I'll try playing the game when in PSN, but with no pending downloads, later).

Can confirm from Norway that Signing Out worked fine, happened to me 2.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i had it happen to me not after first install but when once i used 'turn off the system' while in the game. next time i switched it on the game wouldn't load. i had to delete the game and reinstall. since then i'd first exit to the main menu, then xmb quit and then turn off ps3 :whistle: