tiny and unreadable font on SDTV

MMDE

While all the conversations and stuff has a large font size then the menus have such a tiny font size. If you don't have a HDTV, but rather a SDTV it is pretty much unreadable. Takes me forever to make out the letters, and even longer the words. Usually have to guess the word and see if the letters could match. The most important stuff to progress and actually play the game is written in this tiny font. Any way to fix this?

http://www.hbhud.com/2011/03/07/review-of-hyperdimension-neptunia/

^ Someone else who has the same problem.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...
When I first got my PS3 I got an HD TV just because I heard of problems like this. It's 720 (wanted 1080) and I can see text. I have never played PS3 on an sdtv. I kinda wonder what it would look like.

It looks like I'm playing PS2 games, just more polygons, so usually characters and stuff aren't as square-ish. I have no problem with this.

Kinda of interested to see what it looks like now. Always wondered what PS3 games look like on an SD TV. Unless I'm mistaken, they all say they work with 480 on the back.

Yeah, they all work with SDTV. As I said earlier, it just looks like a PS2 game with more polygons (smoother graphics in general). I don't really care for the graphics that much, so for me it's not a problem at all. Too small and strange looking font to read on the other hand is a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
It's small as hell on the TV I currently game on.. I make out some of the words but others I have to guess or look at youtube video in HD to see it.

Agreed, and the ones in battle, especially the number that says how much points you currently have left to use... impossible to read. Never had this problem before.

Agreed, and the ones in battle, especially the number that says how much points you currently have left to use... impossible to read. Never had this problem before.
I'm used to it mostly but yes this game for some reason is super tiny with font. Others ain't so bad and if they are you can at least adjust the screen or something so you can make out what the font says.