Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

About Scouts/Avid Newsie. (Might be a stupid question)

Trying to get a platinum on this game. I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough and on chapter 2 going for the Avid Newsie trophy.

In the roadmap guide, for one of the quests listed it says...

Rank D: An evolving tomorrow

AG System X 1 (Obtain from Main Character Ricky, Wanderer’s Cave, Lastation. Flag must be up, and scouts must change the position)

I have sent scouts out to the Wanderer's Cave at least 40x now and they have yet to do an item position shift in this place. I've tried with the flag up and the flag down and all they every do is give me items or credits.

I'm getting very frustrated now. Is it just completely random what scouts find when you send them out? Also, what does it mean "Obtain from Main Character Ricky"??

Please if anyone could help me with this, been sending out scouts for 2 hours now and this is frustrating me beyond belief. Thanks!!

Sigh.... No sooner do I ask and I finally figured it out. Guess it was asking for a tough/risky monster switch, not an item harvest switch. I have no idea why I was thinking it was from item harvesting.

If anyone could tell me though, is what scouts bring back just completely random?

Thanks and sorry again for all the n00bish questions.