General description of the game

Mimming

BB11AB987416DC2CB662E3ACCABB19CF33E90584.PNG

I've gotten up to level 18 so far, so heres my run down of what to expect

This is basically an old school brick-breaking game in HD graphics, with shitloads of power ups. It actually reminds me of a 'pokie' machine because theres sounds and shiny stuff everywhere, you'd think you're gambling at some points

Ok, so theres 2 'campaign' 'worlds', that by the looks of it has 50 levels in each.

They are all locked until you finish the level before it.

Each level can take from 2 to 10 minutes.

Every 3 'gems' (200 gems (S)) you get, you get an extra life, theres on average 3 gem bricks per level, i think i've seen one with 5, cant remember.

And theres a power-up that gives you an extra life.

So, so far from what i've played, the "get 3 lives in one level (S)" is looking very hard to do, and there may be a level that simply has like 9 gems or w/e, or maybe you have to get lucky with the power ups + get your next 3 gems

I dont want to go through the trouble of making a full guide, but i'll just give a few 'how to do's' for the trophies

http://assets.np.us.playstation.com/trophy/np/NPWR00864_00_5F23E7749ABB1AF3B8B624C7402A82FD33DCD97F/1895963C5FADE9DD3A368C5430B31A0152FB9DE6.PNG?w=60

(B)Get nine balls at the same time on the screen.

- Will come in time, theres a power up for splitting your ball into 3 and 3 again, and also splitting it into 8.

http://assets.np.us.playstation.com/trophy/np/NPWR00864_00_5F23E7749ABB1AF3B8B624C7402A82FD33DCD97F/A30B9C6ACFAFE118311F89596E23A8BC43DA2519.PNG?w=60

(B)30 shots in a row without hitting a brick.

- Very easy, will probably be your first trophy. Just when theres 1 or 2 bricks left just keep hitting the ball away from them.

(B)50,000 reflected balls.

- Looks like its gonna take a while

http://assets.np.us.playstation.com/trophy/np/NPWR00864_00_5F23E7749ABB1AF3B8B624C7402A82FD33DCD97F/E5FE1381BBA1F430D40E4D7B55EC05F49D38E0A8.PNG?w=60

(B)Twenty cannon shots hit the target.

- Easy, cannon is a common power-up. Just shoot the bricks when you get the cannon and it'll unlock.

http://assets.np.us.playstation.com/trophy/np/NPWR00864_00_5F23E7749ABB1AF3B8B624C7402A82FD33DCD97F/ECA950DB58BDB3A82AF6BE88459CF63CB91E3E14.PNG?w=60

(B)Control three or more balls for at least one minute without letting them fall.

- Easiest way, and the way I did it, is to get the 'sticky bat' power-up, that catches the balls when it hits your bat. Have 3 balls on the screen and catch them all on your bat, and then wait for a minute :)

(S)Complete Ancient World Campaign.

- Finish the 50(assumed) levels

(S)Complete Planets World Campaign.

- Finish the 50(assumed) levels

(S)Collect 200 Gems.

- Will come in time. About 3 gems per level. (sparkly purple balls that fly out of the sparkly purple bricks when hit)

(S)Earn three or more lives at one level.

- For me, looks to be the hardest trophy. There may yet be a level that has 9 gems, or I could get very lucky and get 2 '1UP' power ups + 3 gems

(G)Collect all other trophies.

- Obvious

And the reason I say that i assume theres 50 levels, you cant scroll through the ones that are still locked, so the screen only shows me up until about 28 with padlocks on them, but with a scroll bar on the side.

A bit boring at times, but theres a power up called "warp level" (finishes the level for you instantly) that flys down to you when you're down to your last few bricks, and are taking a while to break them. It really does cut the boredom down significantly and is a very good feature

The playtime this game has seems to justify the already small price, and all of the levels do look very cool. I'd recommend it, mainly because its cheap

Edited by Mimming

BB11AB987416DC2CB662E3ACCABB19CF33E90584.PNG

So, so far from what i've played, the "get 3 lives in one level (S)" is looking very hard to do, and there may be a level that simply has like 9 gems or w/e, or maybe you have to get lucky with the power ups + get your next 3 gems

I got the 3 lives trophy on level 3 of the first world, I wasn't even trying for it! In fact, I have just the 2 "complete worlds" trophies to get, plus the 9 balls on the screen. And I've only played 5 levels lol. I can only see that it's a laborious 100% rather than a difficult one, although not quite as bad as Magic Ball (I was going insane trying to get 100%, glad I got it in the end).

I got the 3 lives trophy on level 3 of the first world, I wasn't even trying for it! In fact, I have just the 2 "complete worlds" trophies to get, plus the 9 balls on the screen. And I've only played 5 levels lol. I can only see that it's a laborious 100% rather than a difficult one, although not quite as bad as Magic Ball (I was going insane trying to get 100%, glad I got it in the end).

Good spotting lade ;p

And also, how did you get 50,000 ball hits in 5 levels?

Edited by Mimming

LOL, you're both right, I didn't already have the 200 gems or 10,000 hits trophies, but I figured I'd get them before completing the game.

I've now finished all of Ancient Worlds, and I've done 40/50 levels of Planets. On the way, I've picked up the rest of the trophies, so I literally have just two more trophies to get - Complete Planets, and the gold trophy.

I've invested about 3½ hours of my time, so my estimate of about 4 hours isn't too far wrong. All in all, it's a VERY easy 100%. I'm playing on Medium (easy was sooooo slow). The game's graphics actually remind me of BEJEWELED!

i can confirm its 50 lvls in the first campaign, as i got the trophy an hour ago...

Did you find the game tedious after a few levels? The music's quite good, and the graphics are very nice, but the gameplay sucks compared to both Magic Ball and Shatter. Magic Ball is fun, but infuriatingly hard at time; and Shatter has excellent techno/dance music, which really gets you going.

By the way, I got the 200 gems trophy after finishing Ancient World, and then getting to about level 35 of Planets World. So it seems that the last two trophies anyone will get are either of the Worlds trophies, then the final gold.

First of all, thanks a lot Mimming for making such a quick trophy guide even though it's still incomplete :)

To everybody : how hard is the 100% compared to the other brickbreaking games such as Magic Ball & Shatter ? Thanks ;)

Shatter: I've still got 2 trophies to do. (1) Complete story mode without using any continues; and (2) Beat Boss Mode in less than 10 minutes. I just have to invest an hour to get (1), and trophy (2) will take a while, even with YouTube videos, as a lot of luck is involved. Altogether there are 10 worlds, each with 7 stages and an 8th boss stage, making 80 levels altogether.

Magic Ball: I have 100% in this. One level took forever, trying to kill all 13 dragons before killing the knight. A huge amount of luck is needed. There are three worlds (pirates, knights, witches), and each has 24 stages, so altogether 72 levels. Magic Ball is very unforgiving, as quite often the 'bricks' are very close to the bottom of the screen, so you need ultra-fast reactions at the beginning of a lot of levels.

Hyperballoid: I've invested about 3½ hours, and have just two more trophies to get, one of which is awarded as soon as I get the other. Just 10 more levels to complete (and they are very easy), and I have my 100%... about an hour, I reckon. I'd say this game and Magic Ball have no replay value. Shatter, on the other hand, is lush to watch, listen to, and play.

Thanks squodge for this very detailed reply :) I've bought Hyperballoid HD meanwhile and you're right it has no replay value. The game is incredibly easy on easy mode. The ball goes so slow that you have time to take coffee before it comes back lol :D I've beaten the first world with 60 lives (!) to spare and I'm no expert in this kind of game :think:

Nevertheless I like this game :)

EDIT : I've just 100%'d the game, it was very easy ;)

Actually when you beat the game, you get most trophies without even trying to get them.

(G) The collector (collect all other trophies) : Took me 8 hours (I'm slow I know ;) but the balls go so slowly and sometimes when you have no more powerups you can spend 15 minutes breaking the remaining bricks :( )

(S) Ancient Conqueror (complete world 1) : took 4 hours, I had 120 gems and 60 lives in the end.

(S) Planets Ruler (complete world 2) : took 4 hours too, I had around 125 gems and 60 lives in the end.

(S) Crystal Hunter (collect 200 gems) : I got it in World 2, level 32

(S) Lust for Life (earn 3 or more lives at one level) : I got it in World 1, between level 20 and 30

(B) Ball Frenzy (get 9 balls at the same time on the screen) : I did it many times

(B) Blind Balls (30 shots in a row without hitting a brick) : I did it many times

(B) The Wall (50 000 rflected balls) : I got in in World 2, level 33

(B) Cannon Sniper (20 cannon shots hit the target) : I did it many times

(B) The Jongleur (control 3 balls at the same time during 1 minute) : The balls are so slow that it's easy to do;)

Edited by superpj

First of all, thanks a lot Mimming for making such a quick trophy guide even though it's still incomplete :)

To everybody : how hard is the 100% compared to the other brickbreaking games such as Magic Ball & Shatter ? Thanks ;)

well IMO its the easiest of the three.:applause: i got 100% in both shatter and magicball.

(i´m a sucker for retro remakes) and shatter is easily the hardest one. in particular the boss battle trophy. took me over 30 takes....:eek:

oh and i play in the standard setting, medium. getting 20 balls left when i completed the first csmpsign...only 50 to go...sighs

Edited by lade73

How is it that I've been playing for about 6 and half hours and the only trophies I don't have are the 50,000 hits and the 100% complete.

How have some of you got that bronze after only playing for 4 hours and not even completing all 100 levels yet?

I'm guessing you're playing on easy... the ball is so incredibly slow on easy level. After playing about 3 levels on easy, I changed it to Medium - it's about 50% faster than easy. I should've just played it on Hard to be honest, as it's one of the easiest games EVER.

about the difficulty (easy, normal, hard) what does it effect the game?

I'm guessing that difficulty affects the SPEED of the ball. I started playing on Easy, and I moved onto Medium after one level because I found the ball too slow. I should've just played on Hard to be honest, as it's such an easy game. I don't know about coffee... I probably could've made a boiled egg in that time too.