Just bought this

squodge

Just bought the game, it was cheap - so I thought why not. I've looked at the trophy list, and at first some of the trophies looked like they might be difficult (e.g. have three balls on the screen for at least a minute), but on playing I got 3 trophies just from the first level lol!

And none of the trophies mention difficulty level, so this looks like an easy 100% trophies for anyone who likes bat-and-ball games. Nice graphic, but not as slick as Shatter. Music isn't bad, far more atmospheric than Shatter (which had more emphasis on action).

Just bought the game, it was cheap - so I thought why not. I've looked at the trophy list, and at first some of the trophies looked like they might be difficult (e.g. have three balls on the screen for at least a minute), but on playing I got 3 trophies just from the first level lol!

And none of the trophies mention difficulty level, so this looks like an easy 100% trophies for anyone who likes bat-and-ball games. Nice graphic, but not as slick as Shatter. Music isn't bad, far more atmospheric than Shatter (which had more emphasis on action).

It seems like a fun game, I think I will get this to! :D

5 bucks

but you should try SHATTER instead. much better arkanoid clone...

Wrong. Love arkanoind? Try Hyperballoid for sure. 4eur is very reasonable price.

In term of price\performace Hyperballoid beating free cookies and almost win over free donut!

Edited by Arabeska
typo

Most people beat World 1 in 3.5 hours in the other topic (I did it myself in 4 hours). So you can get 100% trophies in around 7-8 hours.

I beat the entire game in 4½ hours, playing it on Medium. I'm guessing others are taking almost twice as long because they're playing it on Easy. Also, I did notice that you get far more power-ups if you play on Medium than on Easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, going back onto the topic of Arkanoid clones... I'd say Hyperballoid is a better clone than Shatter (but not to say that it's a better GAME than Shatter). Arkanoid is literally just a bat and ball game, which is what Hyperballoid is. Shatter includes sucking and blowing shards which can be used to destroy bricks/bosses, and moreover it actually has end of world bosses (10 of them). Shatter also has 10-minute long original musical compositions for each individual world.

If you want something similar to Arkanoid, get Hyperballoid. If you want something that PLAYS well and SOUND awesome, get Shatter (but be aware that you will have to work very hard for 100% trophies).

• 2 months later...
get Shatter (but be aware that you will have to work very hard for 100% trophies).

I agree 150% with that squodge. That game has some of the most painfully hard trophies EVER, at least for me it was. This game looks pretty cool indeed. If this game is around as good as Shatter, then I'll start playing it:D. It looks pretty fun. And for $5 and getting like 8-10 hours (similar to wolfenstein) then it looks pretty well worth it:D

I agree 150% with that squodge. That game has some of the most painfully hard trophies EVER, at least for me it was. This game looks pretty cool indeed. If this game is around as good as Shatter, then I'll start playing it:D. It looks pretty fun. And for $5 and getting like 8-10 hours (similar to wolfenstein) then it looks pretty well worth it:D

You will not get 8-10 hours from this game. Play it on medium, and you will get 100% trophies in about 4½ hours. The non-story related trophies will pop without you even trying, seriously!

Edited by squodge

You will not get 8-10 hours from this game. Play it on medium, and you will get 100% trophies in about 4½ hours. The non-story related trophies will pop without you even trying, seriously!

Oh, I thought I saw that it took like 8-10 hours somewhere lol, my bad:o. Well 4 1/2 hours still seems like a good amount of time for a $5 investment still :D. Thanks for the reply.:D

Oh, I thought I saw that it took like 8-10 hours somewhere lol, my bad:o. Well 4 1/2 hours still seems like a good amount of time for a $5 investment still :D. Thanks for the reply.:D

Well that's just how long it took him. I spent 7 hours on it for 100% and I've even gone back to play a few more times since then.

Well that's just how long it took him. I spent 7 hours on it for 100% and I've even gone back to play a few more times since then.

Oh, ok then :D. What really :confused: me though is why the game isn't in the psn US store. I tried looking for it a few days ago and didn't find it :confused:. Unless it's in a place I didn't notice before :shrugs:

Oh, ok then :D. What really :confused: me though is why the game isn't in the psn US store. I tried looking for it a few days ago and didn't find it :confused:. Unless it's in a place I didn't notice before :shrugs:

I've got no idea, I live in England and it's been on my store for ages now. No idea if it's been released everywhere yet.

I've got no idea, I live in England and it's been on my store for ages now. No idea if it's been released everywhere yet.

Hmm, I thought so :think:, well hopefully it'll come to the US store:D

Thanks for the input!:D

yeah hyperBalloid HD has never realeased in thee states yet! darn-it :(

hopefully it will sometime :D

:dance:

Yeah, I know what you mean;) Hopefully it'll come around soon!:D