Boss Help

• 3 months later...

ok so when u use your water ability make sure u have an explosive barrel in the wave-keep it held in and with your right stick raise it up(there will be a red reticule visible)-when its in line to hit the boss click the thumbstick in-it will launch it at the boss.

• 7 years later...

It gets easier the more you play it. I really hated it at first but on my third completing the boss battle, I finished it off in less than 5 minutes.

There is also a technique on how to force it to fire the heavy ray beam. Once it starts scanning with it's green sensors show yourself to it so it would start firing its burst lasers first, then immediately hide as the next shot would be the solid laser shots and this will force it into a cooldown while exposing its weak points (vent systems).

How to effectively use your water powers.

:l2: brings up the water while :rs: controls its direction of movement. Make sure that the barrel is raised in front of the mech, as sometimes there is a tendency that it goes at the rear of the mech and you'll miss the shot. You only have to hit the mech thrice BUT this boss fight does have its element of RNG. Most of the time the mech blows up all the barrels which leave you nothing to throw at. As the guide also suggest, make the enemy troops your priority first rather focus on the robot when they are out.

Always top up you energy-ammo with the green cases. As mentioned before me wait for the barrels to be on top of the water column (you're controlling) before throwing them at the robot, press down :rs: to throw them and aim for the robot's cockpit.