What medals are glitched and how can I avoid glitching them?

Lord Tony

Surely the deep breath medal is glitched, I know because I'm starting the game after deleting all saved data just for that damn medal :(

I've tried all the solutions I've found but there's nothing to do...

This medal unlocks at the end of the first level, so I suggest you, to play the game using a guide to get all the collectibles and then try to get the medal. If you are unable to get the medal at first try, delete saved data (the option file) and start again.

you dont need to delete it and start over

just copy your save the moment you start at the doors behind the central access doors with the two malfunctioned elevetors.

If you dont get it, delete it and copy your previously saved file over, and try again

time saver

just copy your save the moment you start at the doors behind the central access doors with the two malfunctioned elevetors.

If you dont get it, delete it and copy your previously saved file over, and try again

time saver

I haven't attempted to get Deep Breath yet as I am playing as I go through so I did not collect the item from the dead guy. Will this glitch as well? I heard deep breath must be obtained in one play through.

time saver

I've tried many solutions but no one worked for me...

Between last night and this morning I've restarted the game with a guide, now I've got 100% :D (but this time I was very lucky since I got the combo and the gravity medal without notice).

I've sent an email to the developers and they answered me that they're aware of the problems and they will release a patch... I wonder if it's true, since the glitches are in every version released from the beginning of this year and they never resolved them!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Here's the problem I had with mine and it was the same all the time...

I finished the game with Geek but it won't stick unless you immediately replay the last checkpoint again - in my case the boss battle...

Now for the two challenge medals Poseidon's Daughter and Hydro Power, as soon as you play the challenges about 3 or 4 of the medals earned from Act 1 - like Panther, System Engineer 2, Explorer (and a couple of others) will disappear despite obviously earning them prior to playing the challenges... it's always like this for me, I don't know why... BUT as soon as you earn the challenge medals and load your last checkpoint in story mode they will appear. So do yourself a favour and not load up Act 1 in trying to earn them again. You will mess up your game save and might lose even a lot more. Be reminded that exiting the challenges without forcing/triggering an auto-save will make you lose your medals as discussed by Special-K.

Now my problem was the Mega-Combo medal... it was a big mistake that I had tried to earn this last as loading an Act post game has it's consequences... some medals will disappear depending on which act you are loading. So the known and suggested areas by forum members are actually spread across the three acts... There's less risk of losing medals if you load up Act 3 and Akari's suggested spot is the best one for me as I only get to lose the challenge medals which are easy to earn back anyway...

After regaining back the challenge medals, I reloaded my last checkpoint in story mode and saw that all the medals were there - BUT no trophy. I just had to carry on playing until I trigger an unmissable medal, then the trophy popped.

It kinda makes you dizzy doesn't it... well because it is really a dizzy procedure trying to piece the medals together. So yeah hope this gives anyone a good idea on what they're up against... True the medals are as buggy as hell... but there is a workaround, albeit unique to each player...

It isn't a quick solution, there's quite a few replays BUT at least there is a way around this mess to help us get that 100% completion.

Edited by Naps