Found a good spot for Mega Combo

Akari

I only had this and Gravity left for medals, so I was working my way to the area after the elevator in Act 3, and found out that it's a great place for Mega Combo as well.

When you exit the elevator, run up the stairs and hide behind the little crate thing. A little to the right and further in is a barrel that usually has 2 guys by it. Then you have a barrel to the far left (sometimes has a guy), and another barrel and 2 fire extinguishers to the right. Shoot the barrel with 2 guys, then the one on the left, then go through and shoot the 3 explosives on the right. I ended up with 1700 x 6 = 10200 points. Best part is, the checkpoint is right there so you can try again and again, though it should only take 1 or 2 tries.

I know people can get it by accident in the challenge room, but I couldn't get anything going at all in there, and gave up. This should work easily for everyone with VERY little effort.

lol i can't believe people go through so much trouble for this medal.

EASIEST AND QUICKEST WAY:

start Act 1 on hard.

play a bit until the very first time you meet enemies. you'll be in a room full of explosive barrels floating in water. there will also be a barrel behind where the two enemies walk out.

shoot the barrel behind them, this starts the chain. then quickly shoot all the barrels floating in water. medal achieved lol! i got this on first try and wasn't even trying to get the medal.

I did it in Act 2 right after I decyphered the purple glowing Cycloconverter B door near the beginning of the level. When you enter it you'll see near the end of the room a shootable red glowing cannister to the far left on the wall and a canister right underneath it in the middle of your path also glowing red. Get the attention of the two guards by shooting you sonic gun into the wall, charge it and wait until the two guards are underneath the glowing column. Shoot it and the canister will explode too killing the two guards. Got a 14000 combo on hard!

Edited by coos1972
Corrected my not so fantastic english ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Easiest by far has to be what I did.

VERY beginning of Act 3 (even on easy). wait for room to fill up with water and get onto dry ground.

Shoot off all your Gel rounds - at the few guys and then at some canisters, barrels, etc.

Explode them all at once.

I found that strategy somewhere else on the net. Did it first try and in all of maybe 1 min start to finish if you include waiting for the room to fill.

• 1 year later...
I only had this and Gravity left for medals, so I was working my way to the area after the elevator in Act 3, and found out that it's a great place for Mega Combo as well.

When you exit the elevator, run up the stairs and hide behind the little crate thing. A little to the right and further in is a barrel that usually has 2 guys by it. Then you have a barrel to the far left (sometimes has a guy), and another barrel and 2 fire extinguishers to the right. Shoot the barrel with 2 guys, then the one on the left, then go through and shoot the 3 explosives on the right. I ended up with 1700 x 6 = 10200 points. Best part is, the checkpoint is right there so you can try again and again, though it should only take 1 or 2 tries.

I know people can get it by accident in the challenge room, but I couldn't get anything going at all in there, and gave up. This should work easily for everyone with VERY little effort.

I've been trying this method for ages. Problem is, there's a guy in front of the stairs the whole time so I can't just run past him without being shot to shit. I know this game is supposed to be flawed but I've been enjoying it so far. This Megacombo nonsense is giving me a real headache... Doesn't help that there aren't any videos anywhere on YouTube. Anybody else have any better ideas for this medal...? *posts this knowing damn well noone's gonna read it or reply*

EDIT: Nevermind, I unlocked it in the challenge room! 100% done!

Edited by Marisapo80

• 1 year later...
Easiest by far has to be what I did.

VERY beginning of Act 3 (even on easy). wait for room to fill up with water and get onto dry ground.

Shoot off all your Gel rounds - at the few guys and then at some canisters, barrels, etc.

Explode them all at once.

I found that strategy somewhere else on the net. Did it first try and in all of maybe 1 min start to finish if you include waiting for the room to fill.

This worked for me, got up on the right side gantry, shot 2 gels into the guys at the other side and one into the tank, then on my side shot one into a barrel, exploded them all and shot the other tank at my side 800x10 :D FINALLY

• 4 years later...

Akari, you my friend are a proper LEGEND! It worked for me and this was "supposedly" the last medal... until the two challenge medals decided to run away again, so I had to do them once more.

I have to admit I thought you were nuts saying it's a good spot to do the combos. I struggled the first time but it's more on memory muscle and a quick and fast finger just to keep the combos going... may be a bit of luck with regards of the baddies spawning as a solo or a trio... Probably had about 5 retries and they were quick ones so no big problemo really...

Again thanks mamen! I thought that this would be another one of those games that I cannot 100%... Glad that i didn't turn out that way.

----------

So if by chance you reloaded a game save to continue (or combine) ALL the medals between the challenges and the story (42) but the trophy didn't pop? Don't worry, just carry on playing until you trigger a previously earned medal and only then will the trophy pop...

----------

Shoot off all your Gel rounds - at the few guys and then at some canisters, barrels, etc.... Explode them all at once.

... shot 2 gels into the guys at the other side and one into the tank...

Gel rounds! Of course this too makes more sense... why haven't I tried this one? The ammo is timed and it can indeed keep the combo going... well too late to try it now coz I'm done with it...

Edited by Naps